Noctua goes JUMBO!~

Unknownuser200

Hope the blades are rigid enough to counteract the inherent diminishing returns and in fact negative gains (hint: going backwards) of fan sizes over 140mm. Currently, only the Silverstone AP180 series (180mm) and BitFenix Spectre lines of 200/230mm fans are not junk in those sizes. Luckily, this is Noctua, and it'll likely have solid R&D behind it. However, the performance difference between this and a spectre will be negligible due to the diminishing returns, and most likely the price will not; so I'll most likely keep using the BitFenix fans.

At this diameter, noise is a complete non-issue too so I don't see any niche for Noctua at 200mm.

awww i was hoping they where going to make a 180mm

IMO they don't have to, Silverstone's AP180 series is amazing. Well, the solid black one is, the white ones with blue LEDs can go melt in a fire.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I want it now!!!!

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

It's people like you that usually complains, they make black fans and you go screaming that is boring, asking why they did black fans and so on. That makes you part of the whining users. I have a better idea, choose the best performance fan and forget about the color. ;)

Am I the one complaining? Simply stating an/my opinion, not to mention that in the last reply I made use of a mysterious stylistic device called "irony", but obviously I forgot that the internet has a incureable condition that causes at least 70% of people not to recognise irony, a mere 50% even have the related condition called "Not seing the smileys which further emphasize the irony in my reply", very serious stuff!

To the point of "choose the best performance and forget about the color", just look in my profile. I'm using a NH-D14 and have three A14 fans inside my rig, so that point is (in my case) invalid as well :D 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I want a Noctua after market GPU cooler.

Common Noctua. Show the noobs how it's done.

I want a Noctua after market GPU cooler.

Common Noctua. Show the noobs how it's done.

Even Noctua wouldn't be able to help the nuclear firestorm we call the 290x

Am I the one complaining? Simply stating an/my opinion, not to mention that in the last reply I made use of a mysterious stylistic device called "irony", but obviously I forgot that the internet has a incureable condition that causes at least 70% of people not to recognise irony, a mere 50% even have the related condition called "Not seing the smileys which further emphasize the irony in my reply", very serious stuff!

To the point of "choose the best performance and forget about the color", just look in my profile. I'm using a NH-D14 and have three A14 fans inside my rig, so that point is (in my case) invalid as well :D

So "mysterious" that apparently you forgot how to do it, or to correctly express it in a suitable way for the readers to understand. Do you even know what irony is? It may have sound "ironic" in your mind but what you wrote was not ironic. The "incurable" condition you refer to might be the whole lot of users just like you, who pretends to know what some words mean.

I can't wait to get my ass kicked by Professor Literature...  :rolleyes:

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

aaaaaaand there's the 200mm's I've mentioned a ton of times. Took them long enough to make the official "it's now going to be for sale" announcement though! But, this sucker was confirmed a while back though, so it's nice to see it finally coming out, as there's no doubt that it'd probably be the best 200mm fan out there :)

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

I read the title and presumed it was gonna be a heatsink and i thought to myself "how the fuck can noctua make their heatsinks any bigger?"

Anyway, it's good to see them making a more varied range of fans.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

The Noctua's 200mm would blow any manufacturing companies away.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Even Noctua wouldn't be able to help the nuclear firestorm we call the 290x

Right......can we drop this already? the card is fine the stock cooler was shit. 290/x cards don't run any hotter than a 780/ti with a proper cooler.

Right......can we drop this already? the card is fine the stock cooler was shit. 290/x cards don't run any hotter than a 780/ti with a proper cooler.

Till such a day that AMD releases a stock cooler that isn't complete garbage, then no. We can't. 

Nvidia's reference coolers (which one of my EVGA cards has) isn't total nonsense. Can't ever say the same for AMD. And the insulting thing is they can clearly do SO MUCH BETTER but they haven't shown a capacity to do that. Except for the 295x2. 

Make that 200mm fan with the same industrialPPC color scheme and I will buy all of them.

Tech Syndicate just posted a Computex Noctua Video, they go into the insane noise cancelling fan that vibrates with magnets to cancel out the noise:

-------

Current Rig

-------