"Controll VR" Kickstarter Great Idea

Came Across This awesome thing online and thought brilliant idea and could take the VR experience to the next Level! Sorry if it already on here but i did not see it.

Check It Out:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/controlvr/control-vr-motion-capture-for-vr-animation-and-mor

was watching: http://youtu.be/pj5JVPq0Wck?t=3m

when the guy mentioned it

nope, will never succeed, people cant have a massive empty hangar to move around in.... things like oculus which is a screen are awesome, but until they plug into our brains these stupid motion crap wont succeed EVER

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

nope, will never succeed, people cant have a massive empty hangar to move around in.... things like oculus which is a screen are awesome, but until they plug into our brains these stupid motion crap wont succeed EVER

you do realise that this kickstarter is only for the upper body and arms, but you are right about the space problem...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

They should give massive hangars to people that pay a certain amount!

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

you do realise that this kickstarter is only for the upper body and arms, but you are right about the space problem...

or i could strap wii motes to my arms :P completely useless... the future i hope full FoV with 3d of a vr headset i think will be awesome and is something im very interested in.

If you watch their video they have joysticks in one of their hands to move their character around. I'm going to assume eventually that gets changed for a gesture based system or anything really.

They should give massive hangars to people that pay a certain amount!

That already exists. It's called being able to rent or buy them.

If you watch their video they have joysticks in one of their hands to move their character around. I'm going to assume eventually that gets changed for a gesture based system or anything really.

I think someone already made a ring you put on for gestures.. you dont need a outfit to read how you move your arms.. i see absolutely no need for this for anything.. not for gaming and not for anything productive, ranged motion control using a camera or something like a ring would be more useful..

it apparently tracks all finger and hand movement, enough to be able to use sign language to other players!

it would be cool to be able to pick up a bunch of stuff and throw it at a buddy and even better for stuff like surgeon simulator or similar games where you need to be precise. 

watch the video if u haven't already they show them moving each individual finger separately as well as the arm movement.

now only if they could get it all the electronics into just the gloves, that would be awesome..... perhaps with more development time.

I think someone already made a ring you put on for gestures.. you dont need a outfit to read how you move your arms.. i see absolutely no need for this for anything.. not for gaming and not for anything productive, ranged motion control using a camera or something like a ring would be more useful..

I dunno, this looks like a more accurate way of putting your hands and arms into the game but. Yea i've seen a few other things do similar and do it just as well. That ring looked stupid.

As far as being productive goes it looks like it could be useful in some cases. Like he shows mo-capping his arms to animate a first person perspective of messing with a gun. Maybe you don't have a full mocap setup or this is more accurate, I dunno. But it looks like it'd work pretty well to me.