Will the Asus R9 280x fit inside the Define R4?

hardware_guy

Hey, i wanted to know if the Asus R9 280x DirectCU II fits inside the Fractal Design R4 windowed version?

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

Yes, even with HDD cages installed. (R4 can accommodate GPUs up to 295mm with HDD cages or 430 w/o them, and R280X from ASUS is 266mm)

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Yes

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

Hey, i wanted to know if the Asus R9 280x DirectCU II fits inside the Fractal Design R4 windowed version?

Yes it will fit no problem, excellent case choice by the way ;D

Not sure if troll or just stupid.

Why insult? It's an honest question. 

OP: Yes it will fit. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

googleit.jpg

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I can kinda understand the OP, R4 is bigger than it looks :)

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Felt like insulting him. Firstly, it is a no brainer that any 280x will fit and if he doesn't know, just research for 2 mins and you got the answer. Why bother making other people tell you that it fits when the facts clearly shows that it fits, even woth the hdd cage.
Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Felt like insulting him. Firstly, it is a no brainer that any 280x will fit and if he doesn't know, just research for 2 mins and you got the answer. Why bother making other people tell you that it fits when the facts clearly shows that it fits, even woth the hdd cage.

He could google it and find a different forum with someone who asked the same question and people who didn't  flame him for it. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

Takes longer to register on a forum than actually doing the research and finding the answer yourself.

Exactly.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

It is not necessary to call the others stupid, we are registred in this community and it is our duty to help each other in the way that is possible in terms of our personal knowledge and limitations.

I know that a lot of questions in this forums could be avoided if the people asking had a little bit of patience looking for the products specs sheets and do the math. But anyway, let's be reasonable and help each other :)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

It is not necessary to call the others stupid, we are registred in this community and it is our duty to help each other in the way that is possible in terms of our personal knowledge and limitations.

I know that a lot of questions in this forums could be avoided if the people asking had a little bit of patience looking for the products specs sheets and do the math. But anyway, let's be reasonable and help each other :)

Fine. I just get really annoyed by such questions.
Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

It doesn't fit!!!..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................sideways

who cares...

Exactly.

He didn't just register now. I'm not sure why you'd have to insult him in the first place tbh. We're a community and we should respect each other. Yes, most of the questions on here could be answered by googling, it wasn't called for to insult him for asking a question.

It also could of taken you 5 seconds to respond yes and hit post :P 

PC Specs

It doesn't fit!!!..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................sideways

I have a 280x (vapor x)  and the r4, it does fit sideways (depending where ofc).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

He didn't just register now. I'm not sure why you'd have to insult him in the first place tbh. We're a community and we should respect each other. Yes, most of the questions on here could be answered by googling, it wasn't called for to insult him for asking a question.

It also could of taken you 5 seconds to respond yes and hit post :P

People before me said yes, so there is not point in me saying yes. If i were the first to post, i would insult him AND answer his question ofc.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

People before me said yes, so there is not point in me saying yes. If i were the first to post, i would insult him AND answer his question ofc.

I don't see the reasoning behind insulting him in the first place. 

PC Specs

I don't see the reasoning behind insulting him in the first place. 

Its an instinct. I will try to not insult people.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

H4X3R not all 280X r the same size go take a look at powercolors 280x pcs+ or 290/290X just like you're made different from me . I may have a foot long dick and you might have a 3inch dick. So learn to be a gentleman if you find the question stupid you can just ignore it.

I suggest you avoid the Asus R9 280x / 7970 DirectCU II or most non ref Asus GPU

they have really gone down the hill in terms of quality.

I own 2 Asus R9 280x DirectCU II and both of them artifacts and BSOD like crazy.

there is a thread on rog.asus.com that has 262 replies and 25,822 views about this GPU being defective.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?43057-R9-280x-DirectCU-II-Top-Artifacts!!&country=&status=

Asus cooling design is faulty as it leaves 6 hynx VRAM no heatsink or cooling at all which leads to extremely high failure rate.

in fact just google "r9 280x artifact" and you will see the majority of results being asus

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

I suggest you avoid the Asus R9 280x / 7970 DirectCU II or most non ref Asus GPU

they have really gone down the hill in terms of quality.

I own 2 Asus R9 280x DirectCU II and both of them artifacts and BSOD like crazy.

there is a thread on rog.asus.com that has 262 replies and 25,822 views about this GPU being defective.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?43057-R9-280x-DirectCU-II-Top-Artifacts!!&country=&status=

Asus cooling design is faulty as it leaves 6 hynx VRAM no heatsink or cooling at all which leads to extremely high failure rate.

in fact just google "r9 280x artifact" and you will see the majority of results being asus

What about this one, same price and it also matched my build?

http://www.dabs.com/products/sapphire-technology-amd-radeon-r9-280x-870mhz-3gb-pci-e-3-0-hdmi-vapor-x-9CL9.html?q=R9%20280X&src=16

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro