Is a Paint brush a viable cleaning method?

Henz9902
Go to solution Solved by Cubit481,

I don't want to pay for compressed air cans, and the dust filters on the Define r4 aren't 100% dustproof. (not that anything could be, without restricting airflow to the point of system failure)

i use paint brush to clean some of the components too...it can easily reach places...even the coolers on the gpu as well as heat sink... :P

I don't want to pay for compressed air cans, and the dust filters on the Define r4 aren't 100% dustproof. (not that anything could be, without restricting airflow to the point of system failure)

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus Crosshair v Formula-Z RAM: 4GBx4 Gskill @ 1600MHz GPU: GTX 970 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: 240GB SSD boot, 2TB segate HDD, 500GB old laptop HDD PSU: Antec 620W Bronze Display(s): AOC 21.5" and BENQ 27" 1440p Cooling: Be quiet! Darkrock pro Keyboard: Ducky shine zero Mouse: Razer Naga Sound: 5.1 logitech speakers with Razer kraken headset

I used a paint brush too, it was fine.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

I mean... yeah... but it'll take forever... if you have nothing better to do, couldn't hurt to try. You're not going to damage anything. 

i use paint brush to clean some of the components too...it can easily reach places...even the coolers on the gpu as well as heat sink... :P

Is there any risk of generating static?

CPU: FX-8320 @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus Crosshair v Formula-Z RAM: 4GBx4 Gskill @ 1600MHz GPU: GTX 970 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: 240GB SSD boot, 2TB segate HDD, 500GB old laptop HDD PSU: Antec 620W Bronze Display(s): AOC 21.5" and BENQ 27" 1440p Cooling: Be quiet! Darkrock pro Keyboard: Ducky shine zero Mouse: Razer Naga Sound: 5.1 logitech speakers with Razer kraken headset

Yes it is,they gave me a small one with the Case i bought,its made from the same material as a paint brush.

Is there any risk of generating static?

ya some times...but earth it before turning on...