Microsoft Attacks Google with new commercials

winny3141

Here is Microsoft totally attacking Google. First it was Scroogled, where Microsoft allegedly claimed that Google took content from Gmail user's email accounts, and used it to advertise to certain products to that individual in order to make more money. Now, its all about Google Docs having compatibility issues with Office 2013 documents as well as Google Docs lacking features, like Spell check. I like Microsoft as a company, I mean Windows is my favorite operating system, but is this going to far? Or is this Microsoft getting the message out about their Office suite of how it is superior to Google' s solution to businesses? Tell me what you think guys!

Here is Microsoft's commercial about Google Docs being a "gamble" (It's unlisted by the way, which is kind of weird)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qK2T3GVJafM

Here is the commercial of Google Docs not being a "Team Player" (This one is listed!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m9KMIqO2RbI

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Lol, Google Docs may not have spell check but Google Chrome does, as well as Windows has a built in spell check.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

lol okay MS 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Wow, that's so lame! Not to mention they are using YouTube, a Google product, to diss them out

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Google docs is excellent at previewing documents before actually downloading them... Yeah, this shows how lame Microsoft really is..

It would be very nice if the Microsoft ad department would please spend less time on the trash talk, and give me a legitimate reason to choose Microsoft products over Google equivalents. Changing the public view of Windows 8 could be a good goal too!

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

LOL both were so funny. and as someone in the corporate environment google docs DOES fail quite often.

This.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Very bad marketing by MS...

I have to say I have to agree that I prefer Office over Docs... even though I use Google Drive to sync those docs, I think Google Docs is more useful for many people who just want to do some simple word processing.

But his whole campaign are just childish, as much money as they can currently afford to throw at it, Google doesn't seem to care and it doesn't bode well for ~Microsoft in the long run, not to mention they are trying to compare a free service to a paid one...

LOL both were so funny. and as someone in the corporate environment google docs DOES fail quite often.

Yup,

Try explaining to someone who put hours into a document that it is gone (or horribly debilitated) because they saved an office 2013 doc into Google docs to edit it at home.  This happened so many times, and people have lost so many hours I know block accounts.google.com via our proxy to prevent it from happening again.

Used to love Google, but now I think I'd rather deal with Apple and that says a lot because I hate Apple.

Wow, that's so lame! Not to mention they are using YouTube, a Google product, to diss them out

I know, funny right? I didn't think of it that way. Anyway, here is my conclusion; if you want an something free, go with Google Docs. But, please, do not store Microsoft Documents on Google Drive. They will never come out the way you want them to, and since Office 365 is integrated so well with SkyDrive, why don't you use SkyDrive? When I was reading about the article that analysed these commercials, I also stumbled upon the fact that SkyDrive got a huge upgrade, and file uploads are like 3X faster, on site itself and Windows Phone 8 app. If you want cloud storage for your Microsoft office documents, use that. And 7 GB of cloud storage, how could you pass that up?

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Think its funny that they feel the need to justify themselves over a free service......

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Microsoft needs to do this with every company lol

Interested in Business and Technology

I personally don't see the 'point' in google docs over office 

:huh:

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I don't think they are trying to annoy Google or stop people using Google Docs as much as tying to put the point across that there is still a need for Office and that it's still available.

Google will probably laugh, I did.

Google Docs = Bad

Google Drive = Frickin awesome , it integrates so well with my TF300T Just so well interrated , can't say the same with skydrive

Interested in Business and Technology

haven't had any problems with docs to docs. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700