Arena Commander - Opinions

JLCitadel

Arena commander is out, tested both modes on both maps.

Boy is it tough to control those ships while trying to target an enemy, plenty of practice ahead of me.

What do you all think?

I was satisfied with my experience. I just suck :D , which is a first for me at a video game.

Also I have a 660m (laptop) and I ran it at the highest quality just fine. No issues with it. Didn't measure the FPS, but I know it was 60+ , anything south of that is very noticeable to me.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like you are the only one that is able to play over here now...

There are some serious problems regarding files that aren't in the right place, causing infinite loading screens and broken maps.

The devs are working on it, though :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Also I have a 660m (laptop) and I ran it at the highest quality just fine. No issues with it. Didn't measure the FPS, but I know it was 60+ , anything south of that is very noticeable to me.

I still havn't bought it, going to buy the cheapest pack tonight that gives me access to the beta and a ship (is that the Aurora MR+)

It might not be running at 60, I remember with crysis 3 that even playing at like 25fps was oddly smooth and playable, that engine doesnt seem to stuffer stutters and tearing very much 

Glad it runs well on your system, I have been watching this for a while and it finally has a part that I can play and have somefun with to try out

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I still havn't bought it, going to buy the cheapest pack tonight that gives me access to the beta and a ship (is that the Aurora MR+)

It might not be running at 60, I remember with crysis 3 that even playing at like 25fps was oddly smooth and playable, that engine doesnt seem to stuffer stutters and tearing very much 

Glad it runs well on your system, I have been watching this for a while and it finally has a part that I can play and have somefun with to try out

Not sure why there was an option to mark you post solved but i accidentally clicked it. Oh well.

Yes the aurora is the cheapest ship

I'd be surprised, if it was anything less than 50, but who knows, maybe.

Yeah but it's EXTREMELY difficult. Like unless you're a flight simulator maniac it'll takea lot of getting used to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seems like you are the only one that is able to play over here now...

There are some serious problems regarding files that aren't in the right place, causing infinite loading screens and broken maps.

The devs are working on it, though :)

& That's rather odd. I just installed it and viola. (I had to wait for the map patch of course)

They patched it and fixed the missing map problem. Try relaunching and it should patch. I have to agree with the OP, I used a 360 controller and it is very awkward trying to use the right stick to control your head and have to hit buttons for missle lock and guns. Tomorrow after work I am gonna try my extreme 3D pro and see if it is any better. Lots of practice ahead but should be fun. 

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.

my dowjload finished 5 minutes ago, the launcher has just said "please wait", since

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

Stable FPS is better, very much a placebo effect, it's why I don't run intense games with a frame counter.

According to my counter on crysis 3 my max is 5000 fps

Arena commander is out, tested both modes on both maps.

Boy is it tough to control those ships while trying to target an enemy, plenty of practice ahead of me.

What do you all think?

I was satisfied with my experience. I just suck :D , which is a first for me at a video game.

After playing a while I got used to the flying and now it's really fun :D

Blowing up a Vanduul ship is just an awesome feeling <3

But I  don't like the map "Dying Star" because its so dark that I fly into stuff xD

RTX2070OC 

only issue I am having atm is blue screening, not sure if it's a computer issue or a game issue. otherwise, it's a decent first position.

with a bit of practice and a better stick, I shouldn't have many problems.

Okay after only a couple hours a sleep i got up for work a little bit early to have a go with my joystick instead of 360 controller. I am using a logitech extreme 3D pro I picked up for $20 last week on amazon. The game plays 10x better with a joystick. Having a dedicated throttle that you can toggle with out having to bump shoulder buttons is a lot better. You can't move your head but the radar is sufficient to know where your enemies are. It is a lot easier to aim as even though it isn't listed the twist function defaults to yaw making it very easy to use 3 axis of movement with out having to press more modifier buttons. So I would recommend anyone that is serious about playing this to get a joystick even if it is a cheap one because you will notice the difference.

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.

I am also in patch hell but hopefully I can launch the game within the hour (when I have to leave for work :(

my first imprezzions:

Dat visal orgasm

much vanduul

such pilot

confused bark!

many controlz

omagad cant aim

wow

i-have-no-idea-3.jpg

>> www.artofinca.com << Star Citizen fan art post https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/116794/star-citizen-fan-art-by-artofinca

pilot: Inca Talmir  ships: Freelancer MIS, M50, ???  play-style: Team-play  groups: Military, Exploration, Special ops, Support, Bears.

There's a bit of a learning curve to flying, using a 360 controller anyway, but other than that, I really like it. I've run into a few issues where I've drifted outside the map and died because the thrusters just plain stop working for no reason.... 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I give it a solid 8/10.

I have tried KB+M and Xbox contoller in Free Flight and there were at first some issues.

When I restarted, I tried Vanduul Swarm with KB+M and I had a crosshair, which fixed the issues I had with the sudden movements.

Later this evening I will try the Logitech 3D joystick :)

I give it a solid 8/10.

I have tried KB+M and Xbox contoller in Free Flight and there were at first some issues.

When I restarted, I tried Vanduul Swarm with KB+M and I had a crosshair, which fixed the issues I had with the sudden movements.

Later this evening I will try the Logitech 3D joystick :)

The "issues" are what you're playing it for though, remember? Pre-Alpha. We're the bug finders. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

The "issues" are what you're playing it for though, remember? Pre-Alpha. We're the bug finders.

I know, but the issues where that I didn't have any aim mechanism or missile capabilities on my HUD and that made my ship spin out of contol when I touched the mouse a little bit.

After relaunching, it appeared and I could play :)

I know, but the issues where that I didn't have any aim mechanism or missile capabilities on my HUD and that made my ship spin out of contol when I touched the mouse a little bit.

After relaunching, it appeared and I could play :)

Yeah, that seems to cured a lot of my initial problems. Do you have problems launching a game from the hangar? 

game looks and feels quite good in such early stage. im pleased

>> www.artofinca.com << Star Citizen fan art post https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/116794/star-citizen-fan-art-by-artofinca

pilot: Inca Talmir  ships: Freelancer MIS, M50, ???  play-style: Team-play  groups: Military, Exploration, Special ops, Support, Bears.

I started the download before I left for work this morning, downloaded 3.5 GB in a half 20 min.... In sitting here at work so anxious to get home and play damnit!!!!!

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

Runs fine for me I tried it with an Xbox controller and keyboard - mouse. I prefer the latter although there were stuff that was nice about the controller. I don't have a joystick and word goes through official forum's users are hammering how bad a joystick is and a friend using it confirmed it as well so I will hold on with purchasing one. I'll definitely ask around here as well after everyone got some routine and experience, it's hard to tell after the launch day I think...

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

Oh joy, it works smoothly
KM+M here, and tomorrow ill try with the X52 and see how it goes, But so far im doing fine. Aiming was not my problem, it was overheating on the guns and that the vanduul kept circling around me.

Only thing i haven't figured out this 10~ min i tested is how to use the missiles, it says its the scroll wheel but it´s doing nothing for me.

Oh and how do i land again? i also notice Eject ain´t working. at lest not in Free Flight.