Case Fans for H440

pbenologa
Go to solution Solved by Shaqo_Wyn,

For front fans, nope. I might even get a noctua for front fans. As for the Top-Back Exhaust i want to get a Corsair one because of the colored rings. And for the top, it does not matter cause i will be using a pull config in my AIO

3 Noctua NF-F12's are fine for intake on the H440 since you can't see them anyway. A Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition with the white ring on will look great for rear exhaust. If you're getting an AIO that uses 2 120mm fans I wouldn't put NF-F12's on it in pull since that's just a waste of the direct airflow feature. Either mount them in push, go for cheaper fans in pull like more quiet edition SP120's or get an 280mm AIO and throw 2 Noctua A14 FLX's on it in pull. An even better options is going for a solid air cooler like the Noctua NH-D15 or Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 and putting two A14 FLX's for top exhaust.

Im planning on putting atleast 6 Corsair fans inside my H440 case. 3 SP for intake in front(Small air space, that's why i will use SP) 1 AF for exhaust at the back and 2 pull config top SP fans for my upcoming AIO. Will i be hearing loud noise if i put 3 high performance SP fans in front?

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Yes, My wife has 8 Coolink  SWiF2-1201p 120mm fans in her H440, on 12v they run at 1700RPM at 27db and you can hear them. they are not annoying loud though because of the soft padding around the case, but the case does not make them silent either.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I would go with 2 fans in the front no need for 3,  with half speed fan reducers on all fans 700rpm max

CPU fan let it ride with a four pin motherboard controlled 

Oh sorry your going with one of them pointless AIO things my bad .

Im planning on putting atleast 6 Corsair fans inside my H440 case. 3 SP for intake in front(Small air space, that's why i will use SP) 1 AF for exhaust at the back and 2 pull config top SP fans for my upcoming AIO. Will i be hearing loud noise if i put 3 high performance SP fans in front?

The sp fans are kinda loud especially the performance edition your better of getting quite edition fans and running them at a very low rpm. If you want better airflow at low noise get Noctua fans, they're ugly but good.

Those "silence optimises" cases are always going to have pretty restricted airflow so don't expect changing fans to drop the temps by any more then a few degrees.

If your going to water cool water cool , don't buy AIO rubbish , buy a good air cooler 

I'm assuming that all these fans are being added for looks. There certainly is little need to add them for cooling the build in your sig. Go with the lower noise SP or AF Quiet instead of Performance fans and a good fan controller so that you can run the fans at lower rpm. That will give you a more reasonable noise profile.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

If your going to water cool water cool , don't buy AIO rubbish , buy a good air cooler 

I was going for looks and some performance. Most of the air coolers that are sold in here are plain ugly. I would love to get a be quiet but it's not sold in here. :(

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I'm assuming that all these fans are being added for looks. There certainly is little need to add them for cooling the build in your sig. Go with the lower noise SP or AF Quiet instead of Performance fans and a good fan controller so that you can run the fans at lower rpm. That will give you a more reasonable noise profile.

For front fans, nope. I might even get a noctua for front fans. As for the Top-Back Exhaust i want to get a Corsair one because of the colored rings. And for the top, it does not matter cause i will be using a pull config in my AIO

Corsair SP performance editions are some of the loudest fans I've heard. Definitely don't get them if noise is at all an issue.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 Noctua NF-F12's are fine for intake on the H440 since you can't see them anyway. A Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition with the white ring on will look great for rear exhaust. If you're getting an AIO that uses 2 120mm fans I wouldn't put NF-F12's on it in pull since that's just a waste of the direct airflow feature. Either mount them in push, go for cheaper fans in pull like more quiet edition SP120's or get an 280mm AIO and throw 2 Noctua A14 FLX's on it in pull. An even better options is going for a solid air cooler like the Noctua NH-D15 or Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 and putting two A14 FLX's for top exhaust.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Yep. That was my plan. But I want to configure my AIO in pull so I won't be bothered by dust build up. As for the exhaust i'll use a AF140 with red rings to go with the theme :D

Yep. That was my plan. But I want to configure my AIO in pull so I won't be bothered by dust build up. As for the exhaust i'll use a AF140 with red rings to go with the theme :D

Sweet! Well good luck, I'm sure it'll look great.  :)

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.