AOC releases a 34inch 21:9 3440x1440 monitor

GoodBytes

Hopefully this will reduce the price on the 34um95.

The MSRP is estimated to be 500 pounds

I love aoc's Monitors they are just great. very nicely priced and decent enough quality, i wish the stands on mine were a little nicer but i was planning to change the stand before i even bought them anyway so its of no concern xD

4K is sooooo last month.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

No, I hope that this makes lg lower the price on the 34um95

Why would you want that one tho"?

This one is so much bettyttter

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Why would you want that one tho"?

This one is so much bettyttter

Its so outrageously good looking, sorry LG, you tried, but AOC is the big winner for now.

Is it also 34 inch?  :wub:

yes it is.  I updated the original post with additional information.  I wanted to make sure it got posted before someone else could beat me to it :P

Oh, well, evidently my post has been merged with another,  Looks like i was late.  Oops

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

Its so outrageously good looking, sorry LG, you tried, but AOC is the big winner for now.

Thats what i was saying, why would you want the LG one

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The MSRP is estimated to be 500 pounds

Estimated. Who "estimates" this? I mean, what? Until AOC themself come out with prices, I don't believe any of the estimates. 

Edit: HOWLY BALLS! IT GOT PIVOT! :D

07e5e14c90.jpg

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

http://pcmonitors.info/aoc/aoc-u3477pqu-with-3440-x-1440-resolution

Seems unreal, but it's all we have for now.

Yeah, again I don't believe these prices until I hear them from AOC themself! 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

http://pcmonitors.info/aoc/aoc-u3477pqu-with-3440-x-1440-resolution

-snip-

Seems unreal, but it's all we have for now.

http://www.prad.de/new/news/shownews_tft7900.html

This site say 889€, everyone says something different :D

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

http://www.prad.de/new/news/shownews_tft7900.html

This site say 889€, everyone says something different :D

für die kohle gibts ja schon den lg zu kaufen denke ma der aoc wird deutlich günstiger sein

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

yeah we probably just have to wait and see but im definitly getting one no matter what price tag it comes with. it basiclly eliminates all the issues i had with the lg one. i never understood how they give a monitor that expensive a soo crappy stand. also who needs thunderbolt or those ridiculous speakers. aoc did everything right in my opinion the only thing that keeps me from a heart attack out of euphoria is the lack of g-sync or freesync. if there was a way or maybe will be a way to upgrade it in the future id geek the f*ck out and preorder 2 of those. but even now its still awesome. im sold and im recommending it to anyone who has the budget. 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

yeah we probably just have to wait and see but im definitly getting one no matter what price tag it comes with. it basiclly eliminates all the issues i had with the lg one. i never understood how they give a monitor that expensive a soo crappy stand. also who needs thunderbolt or those ridiculous speakers. aoc did everything right in my opinion the only thing that keeps me from a heart attack out of euphoria is the lack of g-sync or freesync. if there was a way or maybe will be a way to upgrade it in the future id geek the f*ck out and preorder 2 of those. but even now its still awesome. im sold and im recommending it to anyone who has the budget. 

Ill definitely buy atleast one too. I dont really mind the lack of gsync or freesync, since I have the horsepower i'm fine with vsync :)

How about placing 3 of these badies in pivot side by side? :D

Ill definitely buy atleast one too. I dont really mind the lack of gsync or freesync, since I have the horsepower i'm fine with vsync :)

How about placing 3 of these badies in pivot side by side? :D

well i didnt mean i would souround them i mean the hate of bezels is what dorve me to 21:9 in the ffirst place but id get 2 of them and use one for me personaly and one for a projekt im doing right now featuring kinect, facerecognition, and emergency calculations and the extra field of view would really come in handy.

well i didnt mean i would souround them i mean the hate of bezels is what dorve me to 21:9 in the ffirst place but id get 2 of them and use one for me personaly and one for a projekt im doing right now featuring kinect, facerecognition, and emergency calculations and the extra field of view would really come in handy.

The bezel of this monitor is actually quite thin by the look of it (not talking about the bottom though).

I think this res is relatively good alternative to 4k :)

The bezel of this monitor is actually quite thin by the look of it (not talking about the bottom though).

I think this res is relatively good alternative to 4k :)

yup and that is another thing if you pivot 3 of those in surround the bottom bezel ruining the setup isnt gonna be your biggest problem but WHAT IN THE HELL is gonna drive 4320x3440. also you would end up with a huge 4:3 screen so whats the point? however now im thinking wouldnt amd allow yyou to run 5 in surround ? that would make a giant 21:9 again at 7200x3440 and again the questions is what kinda of black magic do i need to practice and how do i sell my soul to the devil to run that monster?

yup and that is another thing if you pivot 3 of those in surround the bottom bezel ruining the setup isnt gonna be your biggest problem but WHAT IN THE HELL is gonna drive 4320x3440. also you would end up with a huge 4:3 screen so whats the point? however now im thinking wouldnt amd allow yyou to run 5 in surround ? that would make a giant 21:9 again at 7200x3440 and again the questions is what kinda of black magic do i need to practice and how do i sell my soul to the devil to run that monster?

I could (kind of, it will be sloppy) drive such a monster for aa titles.

I was mostly thinking about High-res movies or actually working :D

I could (kind of, it will be sloppy) drive such a monster for aa titles.

I was mostly thinking about High-res movies or actually working :D

:D ok working i get (kinda) but movies is just dumb where the hell you gonna find footage in 7200x3440. i dont know man and also people complain about scaling already at 4k ... this thing is gonna be...weird. also you think 3x 290s wiould run that? i have no idea , was an honest question. i still hope for maxwell to turn thing around for nvidia and higher res if they do id probably get 2  880s

:D ok working i get (kinda) but movies is just dumb where the hell you gonna find footage in 7200x3440. i dont know man and also people complain about scaling already at 4k ... this thing is gonna be...weird. also you think 3x 290s wiould run that? i have no idea , was an honest question. i still hope for maxwell to turn thing around for nvidia and higher res if they do id probably get 2  880s

As I said, kind of... But hey, I would have the "Next-Gen" feeling fps wise :D

I guess something like Fallout 3 would be managable at these resolutions