AOC releases a 34inch 21:9 3440x1440 monitor

GoodBytes

AOC presents a new 21:9 aspect ratio 34inch monitor with a massive 3440x1440 resolution.

AOC_u3477Pqu_01.jpg

AOC_u3477Pqu_02.jpg

The monitor is the AOC U3477Pqu, and uses a LG AH-IPS panel. It is the same as the LG 34UM95 monitor, but unlike it, it features an height adjustable stand. Like the LG one,

the monitor features PiP (Picture in Picture) and PbP (Picture by Picture)

The monitor has a 5ms response time (gray-to-gray), 320 cd/m2 brightness, 2x USB 2.0 port, and 2x USB 3.0 ports hub, and 3W built-in speakers with headphone jack.

As input it sports VGA, Dual-Link DVI, HDMI (30Hz) and DisplayPort (60Hz).

No word on price, but is expected to be released in July.

Source:

http://pcmonitors.info/aoc/aoc-u3477pqu-with-3440-x-1440-resolution

http://www.techpowerup.com/201606/aoc-to-release-the-u3477pqu-34-inch-3440-x-1440-monitor.html

Oooh, shiny! I would love it if they'd release it at a lower price point (maybe they don't make it 10-bit)

Good response time for the panel (not sure if the 34UM95 had the same one)

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I've been using strictly AOC monitors for 4 or 5 years now and I love them, I'll probably hold off on getting a 21:9 until this comes out.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

I want this! Aoc usualy has better prices than others, so i could see this being less than the LG. And its so pretty. But will still probably be at least 700 USD, probably more. I cant wait till it comes out.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Adaptive sync? Y u no mandatory?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I think i really like this new resolution it just seems right.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Adaptive sync? Y u no mandatory?

Because the battle of the standards is still going, we don't know if G-Sync is going mainstream or if AMD's VESA solution (way cheaper) works properly on a desktop monitor (which they are trying to make). 

That looks sooo sexy so much better than the lg and looks like it has vesa mounts by taking off that stand this monitor is tempting but i think im still going 4k mooore pixelz!!

Damn that monitor looks sexy as hell.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

oh look....another "RELEASE"

I wonder when I can actually BUY one....

so sick of these "RELEASES".......

looks good if the stand turns out to be solid - by that i mean its not flimsy 

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Shouldnt be called "released" it should be "announced"

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Interesting, I wonder if it has the full suite of options that the LG does software wise; being able to split the screen into multiple regions without having to use third party software is a pretty important aspect of the monitor.

I also hope it has the same 2560x1440 option the LG does, as it makes for the best all around monitor!

Oooh, shiny! I would love it if they'd release it at a lower price point (maybe they don't make it 10-bit)

Good response time for the panel (not sure if the 34UM95 had the same one)

It's 10 bit, same panel as the LG uses. However it lacks Thunderbolt and has much worse speakers, so I imagine it will indeed be cheaper by a fair bit.

looks good if the stand turns out to be solid - by that i mean its not flimsy 

I hope it's a really heavy, solid piece of aluminum and not plastic that looks like aluminum.

A monitor that wide needs a really solid base. It almost looks to small.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Because the battle of the standards is still going, we don't know if G-Sync is going mainstream or if AMD's VESA solution (way cheaper) works properly on a desktop monitor (which they are trying to make). 

The Adaptive Sync/FreeSync is already have been added to VESA's DisplayPort 1.2a standard. Also, AMD already has working demonstration for a desktop environment at Computex.

Source

The Adaptive Sync/FreeSync is already have been added to VESA's DisplayPort 1.2a standard. Also, AMD already has working demonstration for a desktop environment at Computex.

Source

Read it yesterday, It's going to be awesome

Although I'm more of a higher refresh rate guy, this looks amazing

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Very nice, waiting to see how much this bad boy will end up being! :D

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Source

Easter egg in the last couple sentences!  

1 Timothy 1:15

• 3 weeks later...

well, update on pcmonitors says it'll be delayed, coming in UK in september :/

this sucks, i'm really warming up for LGs but read some complaints about backlight bleed and that makes me not buy it yet and waiting for this one, but 2 more months to wait... :/

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

awesome. I was going to get the LG one but I might get this one instead. 

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

At least is not an invite nonsense crap like the Oneplus one

-------

Current Rig

-------

Why 30Hz with HDMI?

Cause HDMI does not deliver enough bandwidth to refresh 4953600 Pixels 60 times a second.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

Think I might hold of purchasing my LG 34UM95 for this one, depending on the price difference. 

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"