[Audio] AKG K712 PRO Announced

Guest Teddybear

Any word on Pricing? Those look very pretty.

NVM, found a site that has them for 429 euro.. I think I'll stick with my Grados.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

My favourite headphone makers  :wub:

Can't wait to test these out. Though they look like they're for a more consumer demographic, still, I don't think AKG will make as many cuts in their hardware as Sennheiser did just to please the consumer segment.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

My favourite headphone makers  :wub:

Can't wait to test these out. Though they look like they're for a more consumer demographic, still, I don't think AKG will make as many cuts in their hardware as Sennheiser did just to please the consumer segment.

What I hope for is sound of the Annies in a cheaper package. I hope this is what we will get  :wub:

What I hope for is sound of the Annies in a cheaper package. I hope this is what we will get  :wub:

Hehe. The K701 is undeniably great. I kinda need a headset variant too though.

If it's going to replace my HSC171 set for gaming.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Hehe. The K701 is undeniably great. I kinda need a headset variant too though.

If it's going to replace my HSC171 set for gaming.

Antlion Modmic is here for you  :P

(Although I don't know how I feel about putting a magnet on a headphone  <_< )

Antlion Modmic is here for you  :P

(Although I don't know how I feel about putting a magnet on a headphone  <_< )

Well the distance from the element will be a factor.

But even though I hear good things about modmic, it's hard to imagine the built in mic in the HSC 171 not being better. And any AKG headset that would ever exist :P

EDIT: Like, when I join games in Natural Selection 2 I get complimented regularly on my extreme clarity (which reflects well on NS2's internal sound system)

EDIT2: Also, I could just keep the HSC 171 until they wear down, and I probably will, it's just that that moment could come sooner than I'd like, since I already can tell the pads starting to loosen. Though it is old and well used.

Well the distance from the element will be a factor.

But even though I hear good things about modmic, it's hard to imagine the built in mic in the HSC 171 not being better. And any AKG headset that would ever exist :P

EDIT: Like, when I join games in Natural Selection 2 I get complimented regularly on my extreme clarity (which reflects well on NS2's internal sound system)

EDIT2: Also, I could just keep the HSC 171 until they wear down, and I probably will, it's just that that moment could come sooner than I'd like, since I already can tell the pads starting to loosen. Though it is old and well used.

Of course HSC 171 has better microphone, Modmic is actually not that good but it's the only offer on the market right now (edit:I know about)  :P  You should consider getting something like Samson C03U Broadcaster kit.

Of course HSC 171 has better microphone, Modmic is actually not that good but it's the only offer on the market right now (edit:I know about)  :P  You should consider getting something like Samson C03U Broadcaster kit.

Oh, if I wanted to use a mic on a stand I would just use one of my studio mics like the Sony C48  :P

All I was saying that I hope this new headphone from AKG is later complimented by a headset friend :)

Kind of resurrecting the thread but from specifications this is going to be just like the K702 in comparison to the Q701, a little better bass extension. If the pads are the same as the K702 65th anniversary you'll get a little more bass extension and that will probably be the end of it. Maybe this will attract some people who whine about the K702 not having " enough " bass?