Few questions about Tech video reviewers.

Tech_Dreamer

We've seen tons of reviews done by youtubers & tech sites for a product before actual release So here are some questions, Actually i have a series of questions , Answer them in the order if you can..

1. How do reviewers get the specific item before the general consumers get it?
  2. Do they have to pay partially/fully for the receiving item , cover the MSRP before getting the product? or they get it for free?
  3. Do they get to keep the item after the review , or do they have to return it?
  4. Do they get payment from the companies to do a review sometimes? or is it the other way around?
  5. How long can they have the product for testing if they are temporary sample.
  6. Can they dissect the product in anyways (physically) to look inside at the components?
  7. do they get to see upcoming architecture/model/blue prints before hand like products that are set to release after 3-4 years from date?
  8. Do they have to pay like a yearly/monthly fees inorder to review or get products at their doorsteps?

:ph34r: silent ninja strikes enemies

Details separate people.

We've seen tons of reviews done by youtubers & tech sites for a product before actual release So here are some questions, Actually i have a series of questions , Answer them in the order if you can..

2. Do they have to pay partially/fully for the receiving item , cover the MSRP before getting the product? or they get it for free?
  3. Do they get to keep the item after the review , or do they have to return it?
  4. Do they get payment from the companies to do a review sometimes? or is it the other way around?
  6. Can they dissect the product in anyways (physically) to look inside at the components?
  7. do they get to see upcoming architecture/model/blue prints before hand like products that are set to release after 3-4 years from date?
  8. Do they have to pay like a yearly/monthly fees inorder to review or get products at their doorsteps?

pretty sure its like a non profit thing and they make the money off wherever they submit the review 

1. How do reviewers get the specific item before the general consumers get it? Call the company's sales rep.

2. Do they have to pay partially/fully for the receiving item , cover the MSRP before getting the product? or they get it for free? Depends on what company and how popular you are.

Do they get to keep the item after the review , or do they have to return it? Sometimes you have to return it.

Do they get payment from the companies to do a review sometimes? or is it the other way around? Sometimes the company pays.

How long can they have the product for testing if they are temporary sample. N/A

Can they dissect the product in anyways (physically) to look inside at the components? Yes

do they get to see upcoming architecture/model/blue prints before hand like products that are set to release after 3-4 years from date? Depends?

Do they have to pay like a yearly/monthly fees inorder to review or get products at their doorsteps? Depends.

The only thing I'd add to what @Raining_Pixel said is that sometimes the company might want the product back in one piece, so if you take it apart you have to be sure that you can put it back together.

Sometimes they just let you keep the item so it won't matter, but I just thought I'd add that.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

1) Major companies send review samples to major reviewers like Linus, TinyTomLogan, Tek Syndicate, Newegg guys etc.

2) Usually no since companies are big and sending stuff out is cheap thing inside a country (stuff is sent from local warehouse). There are exceptions.

3) Have you watched WAN Show etc. Linus makes lately? He's selling review stuff they don't need anymore. And office has it laying around.

4) That would make purpose of review invalid. Most of them don't accept money. But then there's some where you can see that reviewer is biased towards stuff.

5) About a from few days to a week, I guess. Game magazines get to review upcoming games in press events where they have merely hours to get impressions.

6) Sure. Only thing against it would be some sick NDA or "warranty". Check for TTLs nerd pr0n.

7) Not likely. They get to know what is happening in next 6 months to year but those products are already in production and testing phase anyway. Companies are pretty paranoid when it comes to show what they will be using against competion in near future.

8) This is same question as before. They are getting stuff mostly free if they are major reviewer. Some buy stuff they are using in customer builds. Some are with store that orders stuff to be sold.

My impressions on how this thing works. Can be wrong.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1. They get them from the companys, before they are sold to advertise them

2. They get it for free

3. Dunno

4. Its not the other way around, it depends

5. Depends aswell. Some Companys who understand marketing give Linus a HTC M8 for a long period of time :-)

6. Depends what it is

7. Not that early, like not several years but a few months, yes.

8. No. As said above, its advertisement for the companys.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG