WTF WATCHDOGS!!!

Got it for free, but gave it to a randomer on facebook because it needs the uplay program to run. Game over :D back to Battlefield, Wolfenstein and Skyrim. 

yeah especially skyrim

Let the games begin... Nvidia cards... Amd cards... WTF is up with the graphics??? Storyline... Everything about it... Are you ditching watchdogs or are you a hardcore fan like me???

I absolutely love the game. The controls are really solid and feel tight, the graphics are drop-dead (even during the day, they're still pretty nice). But OH, THAT WATER TESSELLATION...

Anyway, I need to upgrade my CPU in order to really play at respectable frames, but hopefully a patch will release soon. I'm planning on 100% this one, and can't wait to test out multiplayer.

Why do people complain SO much about little issues in big game releases?

Does one not understand that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a company to test & optimize EVERY SINGLE thing about the game until it's released? That's HOW bugs are found. Hell, even more to that extent - there's lines of code inside games that automatically pick up bugs, issues, and glitches, so that they can get fixed in the future. Almost every big release (especially AAA titles) have this.

More on that - How can any particular company test every setting, with every resolution, with every component, in every environment, with every system, every level, every in-game setting, etc? Impossible.

I'm not saying YOU guys in particular here in LTT are complaining, I'm just speaking to the 'general public' because I keep hearing complaints. Any/every title will have its issues upon release. CoD:Ghosts? BF4? Name a game; it had its issues. Guaranteed. Maybe not for YOU, but it had its issues to others, regardless of your particular performance.

But anyways, as far as the topic goes - I just installed it last night, was too tired to play it. About to go eat and then hop in for the first time. AND, not only will this be the FIRST game I've ever played on NVidia Surround (or any triple monitor setup), but this will be the first time I've played on triple monitors at all. Yes, I planned it out just for Watch_Dogs! Pretty excited.

I think that the most furious people are currently judging on the fact that the "Tested" Rigs and Resolutions who are fairly common now don't work either. I mean they tested the game on Ultra with I7 4770k and a whole bunch of Graphic cards which ended in the following recommended setting on Ultra.

Ultra was recommended with: I7 4770k and a GTX 780.

The fun part, it's not even close to playable on the recommended hardware. That's quite a miss there with testing. The apparently have different standards there or they must have changed something to make it run smooth. Anyway they are working on it and I just will wait till first patch.

CPU:Intel I7-6700k , CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO MB: Asus Maximus VIII Hero, Ram: Kingston 2666 Mhz 16GB, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0, PSU: Corsair AXi 860W, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1x2TB, WD Green 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Samsung 1TB, SSD Samsung 840 120GB (OS DRIVE), SSD Samsung 840 250GB, Case: Enermax Fulmo GT.

I think the main problem with it is that the devs focused too hard on consoles and basically didn't give a shit about PC players. the menus are f**ked when using a mouse and mouse acceleration is a bitch.

For Ubisoft Montreal I salute you.. With the finger.

I am certainly glad that I didn't pay for the game but I am mad that they didn't put more effort into it. especially since they hyped it for PC players and delayed it so many times. I now assume that the only reason they delayed i was because it ran like complete arse on consoles.

Oh and PLEASE fix the popping issue. I honestly doubt if anything will be fixed for PC like the menus and optimisation but I sure as hell hope there is mod support, maybe the community can fix this hunk of junk because I like the story line very much and the gameplay is overall pretty fun.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

All of you people complaining about how it runs like ass on your rigs makes me sad. :( It wouldn't even run on my rig, more than likely.

Either way, Ubisoft should have learned from Rockstar with GTA IV. That was a shitty port.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Stop being idiots expecting too much out of games. Its not the games fault, your expectations ruined the game for yourself. Ignore all the hype and leave your expectations open. Its retards with Titanfall all over again -facepalm- People will never learn.

I didn't expected anything i looked at it and was like mhh this looks kinda interesting.  Then i looked at the actual gameplay and how the game looks and thought man this game is shit.

GTA IV looks and play way better.  The thing i am hyped for is GTA V on pc.

Also how can you be hyped about UBISOFT games. Lets see what they fucked up. Far Cry 2, Rain bow six vegas 2, Watch Dogs, AC 4,Ghost Recon, Spliner Cell, Kane and Lynch 2, and probably many more.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

as if you didnt expect it to be shit.

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Is it just me (by all the videos I am seeing)..... Is it just me or is this just Assassins Creed without the assassin bit and just more modern? All the mission graphics/UI seem identical and even the way the main character runs and the way the clothes move are near identical to Assassins Creed.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Is it just me (by all the videos I am seeing)..... Is it just me or is this just Assassins Creed without the assassin bit and just more modern? All the mission graphics/UI seem identical and even the way the main character runs and the way the clothes move are near identical to Assassins Creed.

Every AC after AC 2 is shit imho.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

I torrented it but it runs like absolute ass and it was clearly optimized for consoles by the developers, so I am going to be taking my 13.21GB of storage back.

Every AC after AC 2 is shit imho.

I like em but that's because I am an AC fanboy  :rolleyes:

I torrented it but it runs like absolute ass and it was clearly optimized for consoles by the developers, so I am going to be taking my 13.21GB of storage back.

Might not want to say stuff like that for your first post :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Might not want to say stuff like that for your first post :P

Why not? Because of the torrenting? I'm sure there's plenty of people who have pirated Watch_Dogs in this very thread. I normally wouldn't pirate a game, I just thought that Ubisoft didn't deserve my money after their complete neglect of PC gamers.

All of you people complaining about how it runs like ass on your rigs makes me sad. :( It wouldn't even run on my rig, more than likely.

Either way, Ubisoft should have learned from Rockstar with GTA IV. That was a shitty port.

Look, Watchdaogs may not be very well optimized, but GTA IV is in a whole other league of shittyness. :P

Look, Watchdaogs may not be very well optimized, but GTA IV is in a whole other league of shittyness. :P

*Watch_Dogs

It's pretty bad though. Wow. Just... Wow.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Purchased mine on steam, runs great 60-110 fps. Had fun last night, gonna play later :D

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

I didn't expected anything i looked at it and was like mhh this looks kinda interesting.  Then i looked at the actual gameplay and how the game looks and thought man this game is shit.

GTA IV looks and play way better.  The thing i am hyped for is GTA V on pc.

Also how can you be hyped about UBISOFT games. Lets see what they fucked up. Far Cry 2, Rain bow six vegas 2, Watch Dogs, AC 4,Ghost Recon, Spliner Cell, Kane and Lynch 2, and probably many more.

Tired of people comparing this to GTA, it's not GTA never will be GTA

Well, through all your complains - I am enjoying the shit out of this game. I've been playing it all game. The graphics are just fine, the storyline is great, the gameplay (hacking system) is fun as hell, and most of all.. I haven't had ANY problems. Not one.

So it looks like it's not as "universal" as you haters make it seem!

3 of my buddies also have had absolutely zero issues with it.

So, again; don't make it sound universal that you're having problems. Because it's just you. Sure, many others - but once the game gets fixed, I guarantee more than 80% of the people complaining right now saying they won't get it - will get it.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

@killers993

That is a pretty big difference.  And...?

Companies lie.  All the time.  We all need to get used to it.  Microsoft said they'd never un-bundle the Kinect from the Xbox One, and look what's coming in June.

Stupidest comment ever. We could not buy the game and force them to Change. Was that so hard?

This thread must be full of professional game designers & developers.

And I love the idiotic comment: "Ubisoft shouldn't have hyped the game so much. They over-hyped it"

...Yeah, if I was a company, I would surely NOT want to hype my product as being amazing. I should just say "ahh, I mean, my product is okay. it doesn't have the greatest graphics, I think the storyline we created I would rate about 6/10 stars, and the game mechanics, well, it has some issues. Now, go buy our new game!"

You're right. They should have under-hyped the game, and at the release, should've just announced "This AAA title is decent, at best. Everyone should buy our mediocre game, you'll love it. AND, to our credit - We have created the very first game, EVER, without any bugs or issues. At all."

My IQ level has dropped 20 points.

Well, through all your complains - I am enjoying the shit out of this game. I've been playing it all game. The graphics are just fine, the storyline is great, the gameplay (hacking system) is fun as hell, and most of all.. I haven't had ANY problems. Not one.

So it looks like it's not as "universal" as you haters make it seem!

3 of my buddies also have had absolutely zero issues with it.

So, again; don't make it sound universal that you're having problems. Because it's just you. Sure, many others - but once the game gets fixed, I guarantee more than 80% of the people complaining right now saying they won't get it - will get it.

Legit troll welcome to the block list

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Legit troll welcome to the block list

I'm a troll because you don't agree with my assessment of a game I like, or because I'm defending it?

Wouldn't a troll be the opposite? Someone who hops in a thread for 15 seconds to say the game sucks and runs away?

Or writes one sentence that has ZERO relevance to the thread he's in?

Hmm.. I'm liking your personal block list, though. Must be the list of people that make sense on this forum.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Having played it extensively I've not had any of the issues others seem to be having. It runs fine on my rig and the game play and story have been entertaining. The only "problems" that I have are small little niggles that have no effect on my opinion of the game as a whole. The game, despite having just come out I'm able to run it downsampled from 2560x1440 with x2 MSAA and with settings that are high/ultra with an average frame rate of 55-60 and drops no lower than 50 FPS. The only thing that I've turned off is Motion Blur because it gives me headaches.

Also in light of the controversy surrounding the game making a thread like this is asking for a massive shitfight considering the direction the other threads on this forum have gone.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

im not going to play it for a while, im getting funny artifacts and ghosting after ive been playing for a while, for some reason when i change it to full screen it freezes, and my fps is all over the place, the game is fun but all the graphic problems dont make for an enjoyable experience. 

*Watch_Dogs

It's pretty bad though. Wow. Just... Wow.

I refuse to type it like that. Just like I refuse to type Prototype correctly.

Tired of people comparing this to GTA, it's not GTA never will be GTA

Whats there not to compare?

Both are Open World games.

Both have missions etc.

In GTA you could use your phone too(Not for hacking)

Haha I got it for free after buying my 780 Ti. Still don't want to play it.

You wanna give me your code now? ;)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I'm going to get it this weekend when I'm off work and can spend some quality time with it. I am however VERY scared as to the performance because it will be on my laptop with an A10-5750M & 8gb 1600 RAM @1366x768.

Let the Hunger (for moar CPU power) Games begin!

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman