Share your expensive paper weights

BgG286

Everyone has that one piece of hardware that no longer works and is just used as a display piece for all. Doesn't have to be computer hardware, it can be anything.
I have the stock motor from the Losi 8ight 2.0 that I used as an actual paper weight for some time.
I'll try to get some pics sooner or later, I'm supposed to be studying right now.

System specs:  CPU: AMD Phenom II x3 705e unlocked to x4 overclocked to 2.8GHz   |   MB: ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS   |   Cooler: Hyper 212+   |   GPU: MSI GTX 560ti OC to 910Mhz   |   RAM: 8GB PNY DDR3 1333   |   HDDS: WD Caviar Blue 320GB, Hitachi 500GB HDD   |   PSU: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 500W   |   Peripherals: Microsoft wireless mouse, old mac keyboard, ASUS VS238H, Gateway FPD2275W, some speakers, Logitech Driving Force Pro

Haha mine is also an rc motor. this one is from a ofna lx2 ultra that i converted to a brushless system.

CIMG3548.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

My mionix Zibal is almost there. as soon as I can find a suitable replacement this thing is going in the parts bin.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

A pair of now useless Turtle Beach Z6 headphones they suck so bad, right front speaker died completely, and they were crap from the start.

System - Case: NZXT Phantom Original Newegg Edition

CPU: Intel 3770K @ 4.2Ghz - CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight - Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula - RAM: G.Skill Sniper Series 16Gb @ 1866Mhz

GPU: EVGA GTX 680 4Gb - PSU: Seasonic X750 - SSD: Intel 520 256Gb - HDD: Other Random Mechanical Drives

Haha mine is also an rc motor. this one is from a ofna lx2 ultra that i converted to a brushless system.

Same! Have a 4.6CC engine from my old Savage X4.6 that I totaled. ran out of range on the radio and off it went....straight into a wall :(

Also have a Mamba Max brushless motor controller which has been to hell and back.....and still works! 

IMG_3755.jpg

Chipped PCB

IMG_3761.jpg

Broken fan and ground down capacitor. 

IMG_3762.jpg

Also have a Nvidia GT 210, not sure if it works, don't really want to try it out because I don't want to ruin my motherboard.

IMG_3751.jpg

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Also have a Nvidia GT 210, not sure if it works, don't really want to try it out because I don't want to ruin my motherboard.

How would it ruin your motherboard?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

idont have hardware as paper weights. the sound of the sloder contacts on paper kills my ears, i use a batman bobble head that was like $40

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

How would it ruin your motherboard?

A short in one component can take out others. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

The GT640 direct cu silent i got before my 2x 7850s.. 78$ paperweight..
well..atleast i can pull a logan with it instead

2013-05-13192626_zpsaf072033.jpg

That said.. after using it as a coaster for a while i think i might have EA'd it...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

i have a completely EA'd asus 8800gtx on my wall because i like the way it looks. not my pic but same card.

302482547_311.jpg

The GT640 direct cu silent i got before my 2x 7850s.. 78$ paperweight..

well..atleast i can pull a logan with it instead

2013-05-13192626_zpsaf072033.jpg

That said.. after using it as a coaster for a while i think i might have EA'd it...

You should let it run in a computer. Heat up your coffee.

I have an old, mid range Nvidia GPU, and an iPhone 4s that is bricked lol

You should let it run in a computer. Heat up your coffee.

if i could get an external pci e connector so the card doesn't need to be moved that would be awesome :D. but spilling my coffee would probably result in all manner of horrible things.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

if i could get an external pci e connector so the card doesn't need to be moved that would be awesome :D. but spilling my coffee would probably result in all manner of horrible things.

I really want to see that done now. lol

I know it's gonna go badly, but it's such a hilarious idea.

My GTX 590

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

an xbox 360, about the only thing its good for. Its still in working order, but its a pretty pointless device now i play on pc

a gtx 670 that my friend knocked out of my truck, :(  i missed a 3 way sli 

a gtx 670 that my friend knocked out of my truck, :( i missed a 3 way sli

Lmao...how did that happen?

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

I got an industrial transistor weighs about 15 kilo's

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Hmm, I don't think I have any old computer parts that I've bricked or broken at my current flat, in the garage of my parent's house is a totally different story though .. 

#!

Lmao...how did that happen?

I have a lifted truck for context, i had my card that i just took to his place to troubleshoot some of his computer problems, and i used that 670 because i thought it was his 580. ok with that out of the way he lives off a dirt-road and i always park on this like 30% slope because that's the only place to park. so he opened my back door and the card was on the seat and it slid out on smashed against the ground... that's how it sucked, especially it was the MSI TF4 that i modded to be red instead of blue. and it fell like 4' out of truck into a ditch.

Unfortunately a gtx 680 lightning. Msi sent me a bad card then didnt take it back and instead gave me another. So I have a broken 680 and a functional one neither of which I'm using currently.

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

Unfortunately a gtx 680 lightning. Msi sent me a bad card then didnt take it back and instead gave me another. So I have a broken 680 and a functional one neither of which I'm using currently.

with that bad card i would just mess with people so much because there like 600 bucks.