LinusTech LAN Event From the WAN Show?

RelentlessAF

Hey guys, so in the most recent WAN show Linus and Luke talked about a LAN event they might end up doing and what-not. I realize that they will release more info when it's going to happen but I have a different question. I live in the U.S. and I'm assuming this event will be in Canada. It sounds like a lot of fun and I've always wanted an excuse to travel places so i was wondering, what would be the best course of action to get there. Could I take my PC through customs rather easily or would it be a pain in the ass? Also would I need to get Canadian money converted from USD (that seems like a stupid question but I've never been to another country). I also know I'll need a passport, what do you guys think.

NOTE: I couldn't decide whether this should go in PC Gaming or Off Topic so if it needs to be moved a mod can feel free.

Depends on how big your PC is and how much it weighs. Most airlines have a limit on the size and weight of hand luggage. This also go for normal luggage, but the limits are higher. However sending a fully assembled PC with a plane, as luggage, spells disaster. They don't always handle luggage nicely.

I if you decides to take the plan (i assume, if you live in Texas, it's a pretty long way to drive), then disassembeling the computer is probably you best bet. Take stuf like the graphics card(s) and the CPU cooler in you hand luggage, and send the case with the regulat lugagge would probably be your best choice. 

Some Canadian stores do accept US Dollars, but the best thing would be to exchange to Canadian Dollars or to use a creditcard.

You can get a full US passport, but a passport card would also get you into Canada

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I dont play any games other than minecraft...

Would it still be ok if I just came to hang out and maybe show off my PC?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Where on the forums is there a schedule for the WAN show?? I keep missing your live streams and only view it after it is posted on Youtube like a day or two later...

Thanks, would love to connect live with you guys while doing the WAN show :D

Where on the forums is there a schedule for the WAN show?? I keep missing your live streams and only view it after it is posted on Youtube like a day or two later...

Thanks, would love to connect live with you guys while doing the WAN show :D

The WAN show happens at 6:30 where I live, that's -6 Central Time. So just adjust the time for your time zone and that will tell you when it is.

Great 6:30 GingerbreadPK however what day... LOL! Maybe a schedule of upcoming WAN shows and topics for discussion posted here for future members would be helpful? Thanks.

I live on the East Coast of the US.

EDIT: Okay so it's an hour behind my current time. Central Canada... Got it.

Is it every Friday then?

AND the link to the live stream would also be helpful... can't seem to find that either...

Cheers!

Great 6:30 GingerbreadPK however what day... LOL! Maybe a schedule of upcoming WAN shows and topics for discussion posted here for future members would be helpful? Thanks.

I live on the East Coast of the US.

EDIT: Okay so it's an hour behind my current time. Central Canada... Got it.

Is it every Friday then?

AND the link to the live stream would also be helpful... can't seem to find that either...

Cheers!

Yes every friday, it's at http://www.twitch.tv/linustech