what would happen if i added lots usb ports expansion cards and connected them with external hdd/ssd?

so in short i saw video,where linus tries maxing out maxium usb devices u can connected same time.

so my question what if bought computer with lots exansin slots pcie and then filled them all with usb port expansion cards.

then i connected them all with external hdd/ssd.you can bypass power issue with buying hdd/ssd what come with power brick.

what would happen if i tried doing this and connected like 50 hdd/sdd using this method 

16 minutes ago, aqarwaen29 said:

so in short i saw video,where linus tries maxing out maxium usb devices u can connected same time.

so my question what if bought computer with lots exansin slots pcie and then filled them all with usb port expansion cards.

then i connected them all with external hdd/ssd.you can bypass power issue with buying hdd/ssd what come with power brick.

what would happen if i tried doing this and connected like 50 hdd/sdd using this method 

You would have lots of storage? As long as the drives have adequate power (external bricks) it should work just fine. Assigning drive letters could get messy.

yea,but would all theys expansion actually make pcie become bottleneck if they had so many storage connected and if expansion cards itself would be enough fast.

I was thinking of doing just this as well a while ago, tho found out that the length of SATA cables can be a thing worry about as they can only go a certain length & that sucks. I wanted to use anther case to put my HDD's in. this was a year or so i was thinking of this.

But now i get an 8tb hdd & want to get another as this 1 is filling up rather fast.

So i ask you if you can what's the goal here in doing such a project ? for me it's about have a DVD collection/Music Pictures so on. i use Wondershare Converter to rip them then i sort it all out & have a Movie Archive of them, so i don't need to use the dvd's & get them all the time just double click away.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.300V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

12 minutes ago, aqarwaen29 said:

yea,but would all theys expansion actually make pcie become bottleneck if they had so many storage connected and if expansion cards itself would be enough fast.

You'd likely run into controller limitations first, a quad 3.2 gen2x2 controller card at full chat gets you ~8gbps which is about an x8 interface at PCIe gen 3

Now if you're talking usb4/tb3, that's a different story, then you might be able to reach a PCIe limitation on a quad controller x16 at gen3

1 hour ago, aqarwaen29 said:

Well lets say that each HDD is able to do 200 MB, USB 3.2 gen 2 is 20 gigabit, so roughly 12 drives would saturate each usb host. PCIE gen 4 x16 should not be a bottleneck as it is 32 GB/s per direction.

But all of this is rather silly. Why would someone use usb for this? This is literally what HBA's are for.