Nvidia GPU Drivers - Is there a log of previous versions?

Hello!

Apologies if this is in the wrong section first of all. 

My issue is that I have blindly installed the latest Nvidia drivers and they have ruined by Jedi Survivor experience, dropping 20 frames in places. I want to reinstall whatever driver version I had previously, but I can't remember what one I had. I have done some googling and seen suggestions it is within Nvidia control panel but cannot see where, or that it can be found in event manager but that only had the most recent version as did DriverView from Nirsoft (unless I am using these things incorrectly). Anyone know if there is a proper log somewhere, seems odd there isn't. 

image.thumb.png.5e6c709273b886449883350deec64a81.png

This'll show you a nice list of drivers when you have input your card.

Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

For example:

image.thumb.png.5587800fa6613411842ff0e3c5829bfe.png

Likely, it was whatever driver came just before the one you're using now, if installed with GeForce Experience. I'd select that one.

19 minutes ago, da na said:

image.thumb.png.5e6c709273b886449883350deec64a81.png

This'll show you a nice list of drivers when you have input your card.

Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

For example:

image.thumb.png.5587800fa6613411842ff0e3c5829bfe.png

Unless I am mistaken, that just shows all the previous versions of the released drivers. What I wanted was a log that shows me what version of the driver I previously had installed. 

12 minutes ago, zekebloke said:

Unless I am mistaken, that just shows all the previous versions of the released drivers. What I wanted was a log that shows me what version of the driver I previously had installed. 

If you are updating via GeForce Experience, it's likely that the driver in use previously was the version right before yours. 

C:\Nvidia\ might hold a clue, sometimes the old installation folders are kept and they're named with the OS and driver version.

image.png.40b477c67d64b25e40916b644885875e.png

43 minutes ago, da na said:

If you are updating via GeForce Experience, it's likely that the driver in use previously was the version right before yours. 

C:\Nvidia\ might hold a clue, sometimes the old installation folders are kept and they're named with the OS and driver version.

image.png.40b477c67d64b25e40916b644885875e.png

Thank you for the suggestion but my drives appear different, there is no "NVIDIA" in C, just NVIDIA corporation in program files & pfx86 and that doesn't contact anything similar that I can see. 

This game suffers from heavy shader compilation stutter and every time you install new or old driver the game has to compile the shader cache again. 

You likely had already everything compiled for the most part before you changed the diver. 

It will fix itself over time by playing. 

On 5/9/2024 at 10:13 PM, zekebloke said:

unless I am using these things incorrectly

almost certainly.  typically you'd download the driver manually and keep it after installation in case something goes wrong with a newer version. 

here, my "log":

20240511_191829.thumb.jpg.6d4beaf468cbfb8908e059ad32bedd55.jpg

ezpz

But its probably this.

18 hours ago, WereCat said:

This game suffers from heavy shader compilation stutter and every time you install new or old driver the game has to compile the shader cache again. 

You likely had already everything compiled for the most part before you changed the diver. 

It will fix itself over time by playing. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity