I Upgraded His Car While He Was On Vacation

For the cost of a single monthly payment on a new 2024 Civic we upgraded Plouffe's 2004 Civic with a bunch of modern amenities.. plus special Linus surprise.

Buy a Biltek Power Window Conversion Kit: https://geni.us/z75m

Buy Kilmat Car Sound Deadening Mats: https://geni.us/4y1c0

Buy Dynamat Car Sound Deadening Mats: https://geni.us/HMMvVh

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

That purple paint is cool, even if the application isn't perfect it's way better than what was there, unfortunately all of the black and dark blue Hondas start to look terrible and chalky after a while. The fact that it was sanded and primed is way better than most people do when spraying their own cars.

I worked at a car audio/electronics shop for a while and installed some power locks, basically all of the aftermarket kits are flawed in some way, but Audiovox is a somewhat reputable brand so hopefully they'll keep working. Depending on the design of the actuators, it may be possible to retrofit the factory ones down the line if they start failing.

Dynamat has a great advertising department, but all of the aluminum-backed alternatives are considerably cheaper and just as effective. It's actually shocking what a little bit of that material can do for a car, even a few small squares on the inside of the door skins can greatly improve stereo performance.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Impressive what a road-legal car headlight is in Canada.

Here in Europe, this thing would have failed inspection because the lenses/housing aren't clear enough/aged.

Also modifying the headlights like this is a big no. Even if you had a kit for a  specific Honda Civic, you couldn't just use it on a random Civic model. Some of this is pretty silly: Replacing a halogen bulb with an LED that is 'identical' to a halogen bulb still requires the LED manufacturer to test and certify each model separately, meaning that these upgrades are only available for popular car models.

People never go out of business.

The title should be "I Ruined His Car While He Was On Vacation".

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

20 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

The title should be "I Ruined His Car While He Was On Vacation".

Yep, that paintjob is such rice...

1 hour ago, FlyingPotato_is_taken said:

Impressive what a road-legal car headlight is in Canada.

Here in Europe, this thing would have failed inspection because the lenses/housing aren't clear enough/aged.

Also modifying the headlights like this is a big no. Even if you had a kit for a  specific Honda Civic, you couldn't just use it on a random Civic model. Some of this is pretty silly: Replacing a halogen bulb with an LED that is 'identical' to a halogen bulb still requires the LED manufacturer to test and certify each model separately, meaning that these upgrades are only available for popular car models.

There are DOT requirements here in the U.S., technically a lot of these conversions are not road-legal, but it’s not at all enforced. If the conversion assembly is DOT-certified then it will be close to a factory vehicle if aimed correctly.

The state I live in is supposed to check for DOT compliance for headlights, but I’ve been running LED replacements for a few years on two of my vehicles and no one ever checks it during the yearly inspection. Now, my housings are new and clear, and the pattern is good (also I aimed them correctly), so if you didn’t know the car shipped with halogen bulbs you’d never guess.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Heyyooo, my mom has this car. Well, except for my mom's car is a hybrid version. Me and my dad are going to give it a glow up next summer, new baby blue paint job, new headlights, replacing the batteries, and overall just doing a deep clean. Oh and also fixing the oxygen sensor.

2005 Honda Civic Hybrid Specs, Price, MPG & Reviews | Cars.com

Did I help you?? Then please mark my answer as the solution!

7 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

There are DOT requirements here in the U.S., technically a lot of these conversions are not road-legal, but it’s not at all enforced. If the conversion assembly is DOT-certified then it will be close to a factory vehicle if aimed correctly.

The state I live in is supposed to check for DOT compliance for headlights, but I’ve been running LED replacements for a few years on two of my vehicles and no one ever checks it during the yearly inspection. Now, my housings are new and clear, and the pattern is good (also I aimed them correctly), so if you didn’t know the car shipped with halogen bulbs you’d never guess.

same in my state.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC