My cable management is terrible. I have a Molex connector and a PCI-E cable just hanging around, waiting for something to plug into.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Slick looked shocked and dissapointed when he saw it too

But it doesn't really matter if you have such a beast pc

hellooooooooo

I can see it with my mind... I can see it with my mind's eye.... :(

just calm down, you will soon forget, i know its a hard and stressful part of your life but it does get better. Just hang in there, know that we all support you. ;)

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I want to burst through his wall like the Kool Aid guy and assault his PC with my cable ties and hands of reconciliation.

koolaid.png

just calm down, you will soon forget, i know its a hard and stressful part of your life but it does get better. Just hang in there, know that we all support you. ;)

lmao thank you

the internet doesn't forget

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

That's nothing. In my PC you can't even see the mess of cables from all the dust in there.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I dont give two shits and a fuck about what is on that side of the pc, no one sees it apart from me, you cant see it from a window, there is no reason to care as long as it works and doesnt damage anything its fine.

For me personally it's all about taking pride in your work. I could never live with myself if I leave a bloody mess behind the motherboard tray, it will bug me from the inside, because I know that it is not perfect. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

the internet doesn't forget

but when we put our minds to it we can supress something, unless its funny, then we make it explode.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

For me personally it's all about taking pride in your work. I could never live with myself if I leave a bloody mess behind the motherboard tray, it will bug me from the inside, because I know that it is not perfect. 

each to their own, i know some people care but i dont really care, too much effort with no yield, also if i went balls to the walls and then something breaks, that would piss me off big time.

Listen if you care.

each to their own, i know some people care but i dont really care, too much effort with no yield, also if i went balls to the walls and then something breaks, that would piss me off big time.

Agreed! I had to RMA my GTX 770 Lightning and then when my Asus MARS 760 arrived I practically took the whole PC apart just to install it. But hey, if you got the time and nerves to do it, you'll feel great with yourself after that. :) 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Agreed! I had to RMA my GTX 770 Lightning and then when my Asus MARS 760 arrived I practically took the whole PC apart just to install it. But hey, if you got the time and nerves to do it, you'll feel great with yourself after that. :)

gallery_16690_297_603861.jpg

Ahh just so easily to change everything around, i remember my dell case, that was a laugh, then i burnt the bottem of it.

Listen if you care.

Why is this so terrible, it's not like you can see the cables when the panel is on anyway.

If you want to see terrible cable management, you should look at my Steam machine. No routing holes at all.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

with all the videos and post on amazing clean and "perfect" builds its nice to see the average mans PC.  nice one slick!

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

You shall not cable manage!

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

He said he wanted an Elven (Elvish) design, so why not the banner of Elrond, the only Elf that is not 100% stuck up.

banniere_d__elrond_by_zelphalya-d4ipupr.

Brian May is a rocker. He just does it with style.

Actually this feels like one of the videos from the "Old Linus era" as some people say that they miss. Imagine a helmet bag over Slick's head and a crappier camera and an ncix office background and you have an old linus video :D

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I actually enjoy seeing other "ghetto" systems since that's often what you need to do to make budget systems and upgrades happen: I know I will be reusing my current case which is a n old cooler master that has 0 options for cable management and since there's no room or vents for a front intake fan I'll mount one in the side panel and yes I can't use anything to drill it I will likely just superglue the fan to the side panel if it doesn't fits the premade holes.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I dont give two shits and a fuck about what is on that side of the pc, no one sees it apart from me, you cant see it from a window, there is no reason to care as long as it works and doesnt damage anything its fine.

It's sort of a pride/craftsmanship thing. For example, I read the Steve Jobs biography and It talked about how his dad always painted the backs of the cabinets before hanging them, though no-one would see it, he knew it was still great-looking.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

I saw the picture and couldn't help myself... Warning, most pointless 15 seconds of your life

-snip-

That was really pointless, I give you that, but not the most pointless. The most pointless was the first 15 seconds of this.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

When Slick turned his PC around...

... I ran screaming in circles and pushed the panic button. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I nearly soiled myself.... you must slay the abomination!

2n6u7oj.jpg

Apart from that, @Slick your PC is a real nice, good work on the easy to remove ethic, your loop arouses me.

You came so close to owing me new underwear....

A discussion thread has already been made. I'll merge the threads. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's sort of a pride/craftsmanship thing. For example, I read the Steve Jobs biography and It talked about how his dad always painted the backs of the cabinets before hanging them, though no-one would see it, he knew it was still great-looking.

That's on the fringe of obsessive-compulsive

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.