Cheapest way to add 3.5mm speakers to this TV?

Hi all,

I received this LG 55UK6950PLB SmartTV from a relative. It does not have a 3.5mm port. It came with a white/red tulip to 3.5mm adapter but that does not work since it is not an audio output.

What is the cheapest way to add my 3.5mm speakers? It also has bluetooth support.

IMG_20240429_192715078.thumb.jpg.180f02659bc2821be22e969924651f2f.jpg

It has optical out, so maybe you can find a cheap  DAC with optical input.

For example : https://www.amazon.com/PROZOR-Digital-Converter-Optical-Toslink/dp/B00KNNSKV0/

Get a 2 x RCA to TRS (regular stereo jack) or whatever your active speakers / audio amplifier uses.

Alternatively a cheap under 100$ soundbar with optical input would work. Or something with hdmi pass through - but there's a possibility cheap sound bars won't support 4k hdmi.

43 minutes ago, tkitch said:

42 minutes ago, 8tg said:

A little optical dac that includes an optical cable 

https://www.amazon.com/Neoteck-Digital-Converter-Control-Coaxial/dp/B07G2BCDB9

41 minutes ago, mariushm said:

It has optical out, so maybe you can find a cheap  DAC with optical input.

For example : https://www.amazon.com/PROZOR-Digital-Converter-Optical-Toslink/dp/B00KNNSKV0/

Get a 2 x RCA to TRS (regular stereo jack) or whatever your active speakers / audio amplifier uses.

Alternatively a cheap under 100$ soundbar with optical input would work. Or something with hdmi pass through - but there's a possibility cheap sound bars won't support 4k hdmi.

20 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

An optical DAC would be best, since that would follow whichever source you have selected.

Thanks, I will look for a optical DAC.

22 hours ago, Olaf6541 said:

Thanks, I will look for a optical DAC.

Keep in mind that you need a DAC with volume control. Otherwise, it's going to be a pain in the pass if you keep needing to get up to adjust the volume of your speakers.

When you use Optical Out on a television, you lose volume control. At least, it has always been that way in my experience.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

It's not the cheapest but I prefer using a monoprice switch. Has auto sense of inputs and stuff and just streamlines using a cheaper tv.

They usually have analog audio split out from the HDMI sources.