My brand new router is extremely slow!!!!

f23948

when I connected my wifi to my brand new router, it's EXTREMELY slow!!! When I connected to my wifi to my old cheap router, it's fast!!! HOW DO I FIX my extremely slow wifi when i connected to my brand new router??? When I plugged my ethernet to my brand new router, it's EXTREMLY FAST!!!

Please explain how you connected you router. Also it may be how the wifi is setup in the router's admin panel. How are the settings configured under advanced>wireless>wireless settings.

Please refresh before you reply because I edit my posts. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not responsible for any damages or losses caused by the content I share.

_________________________________________________________________________________

23 minutes ago, f23948 said:

when I connected my wifi to my brand new router, it's EXTREMELY slow!!! When I connected to my wifi to my old cheap router, it's fast!!! HOW DO I FIX my extremely slow wifi when i connected to my brand new router??? When I plugged my ethernet to my brand new router, it's EXTREMLY FAST!!!

-What is the difference for you between "EXTREMELY FAST!!!" and "EXTREMELY slow!!!".

-What speeds are you paying for from your ISP

-Are you hard wired or wireless

-What device is this happening on

-how are you measuring it.

-where is the router located

-are you using 2.4, 5, or 6ghz connection?

51 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

-What is the difference for you between "EXTREMELY FAST!!!" and "EXTREMELY slow!!!".

-What speeds are you paying for from your ISP

-Are you hard wired or wireless

-What device is this happening on

-how are you measuring it.

-where is the router located

-are you using 2.4, 5, or 6ghz connection?

im using 5ghz

3 minutes ago, f23948 said:

im using 5ghz

When seeking help, its helpful to those you're asking to provide information about the problem, as much as you possibly can. Can you go back to the questions above and answer more than just one of them? We have little to no information to help.

1 hour ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

When seeking help, its helpful to those you're asking to provide information about the problem, as much as you possibly can. Can you go back to the questions above and answer more than just one of them? We have little to no information to help.

-What speeds are you paying for from your ISP: 250 mbps download speed plan

-Are you hard wired or wireless: I'm using my wired on my primary pc. I'm using my wireless on my smartphone.

-What device is this happening on: idk

-how are you measuring it.: idk

-where is the router located I'm very near to my brand new router. My brand new router next to cable modem.

-are you using 2.4, 5, or 6ghz connection? I'm using 5ghz on my smartphone

55 minutes ago, f23948 said:

-What device is this happening on: idk

-how are you measuring it.: idk

We'll need to know what devices you're seeing this problem on. Your phone or your desktop? Both?

How are you testing? What makes you think its "slow"?

The wired PC, as a general baseline what happens when you run a speedtest? https://www.speedtest.net/ 

All TP-Link Archer line doesnt come with NSS Offload - which is a pretty killer feature for 2.4+ band on Qualcomm based routers - so they need to run cool to continue to transmit at high power. How hot is the place that the router is in?

1 hour ago, f23948 said:

how are you measuring it.: idk

Speedtest is good, but considering most of this is wifi centric, getting a visual on the reception on local network would be a good to know too. If you got android, install Wifi Analyzer, open the 5GHz tab, and screenshot me what you see on the "Access Points" tab, the 4th button from the left. Dont show me the first channel graph tab on this forum and remember to censor the MAC and SSID, youll accidentally doxxed yourself if you dont. If youre on Apple, youre screwed as the system restricts any low level antenna data reads since iOS 6.5. In that case, your best free-99 tool for this is Airport Utility app.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

We'll need to know what devices you're seeing this problem on. Your phone or your desktop? Both?

How are you testing? What makes you think its "slow"?

The wired PC, as a general baseline what happens when you run a speedtest? https://www.speedtest.net/ 

Oh, I'm using my galaxy a53 5g phone for using my wifi I can't download speed test app for android because my wifi is extremely slow

6 hours ago, f23948 said:

I can't download speed test app

Wifi Analyzer is only 19mb compressed from Google Play and 33mb installed, at the very least give us a sense that it could be just local issue not wider ISP issue. Also, that webpage is accessible for speed test on mobile, so does Netflix's fast.com, and Google Speed Test.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

i did look at the reviews, do i need to return it or exchange it?

Untitled.png

TBH I feel a little hopeless. There is very basic testing that can be done that we've explained but you do not appear to be trying to do any of it. 

Generally you want to troubleshoot before jumping to replacing equipment but if that's what you want to do, so be it.

1) Did you reboot the modem when you connected the new router?

2) What is "slow" in terms of speed. Slow is not a measure.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

The OP probably needs to update the firmware and change WiFi channels.

As for the supposed negative reviews.... If the reviewer of the product does not have a profile avatar and/or doesn't leave enough details in the review.... then it may be a fake review or they don't know what they're doing. Likely fake though.

14 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

TBH I feel a little hopeless. There is very basic testing that can be done that we've explained but you do not appear to be trying to do any of it. 

Not OP's first rodeo of doing this either.

On 4/29/2024 at 3:47 PM, silencer12 said:

The OP probably needs to update the firmware and change WiFi channels.

As for the supposed negative reviews.... If the reviewer of the product does not have a profile avatar and/or doesn't leave enough details in the review.... then it may be a fake review or they don't know what they're doing. Likely fake though.

do i need to change the channel to 48?

Untitled.png

2 hours ago, f23948 said:

do i need to change the channel to 48?

Untitled.png

You can change to any channel and test it accordingly to see if the WiFi is any better. Otherwise, you will need to update the firmware. Firmware update I read on your model makes many changes to the functionality of the router. You may have to do this regardless if you select a different WiFi channel.

You can use WiFi analyzer or any other app (inssider) to scan various channels other people are using for their WiFi if you wish as mentioned above.  

On 4/28/2024 at 10:19 PM, f23948 said:

Oh, I'm using my galaxy a53 5g phone for using my wifi I can't download speed test app for android because my wifi is extremely slow

So switch back to your old router (what was faster) and download it, then switch the routers out again...

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

I replaced my router now my wifi is fast now