BOINC Pentathlon 2024

Yeah it's interesting how they perform... Task time is super long at 1h40 when it's about 30min on a 13900K, but the sheer number of simultaneous tasks just trumps it all 馃槃

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Yeah it's interesting how they perform... Task time is super long at 1h40 when it's about 30min on a 13900K, but the sheer number of simultaneous tasks just trumps it all 馃槃

Yeah my 22 core Broadwell Xeon is like that.聽

Unfortunately the 5950x still had a good chunk of much faster cores so it isn't really much faster despite the 22 Vs 16 core聽

My Folding Stats聽-聽Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING!聽- If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it.聽

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w聽
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

We have alot to do to take 3rd back in Steeplechase now

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes.Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech.聽I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won鈥檛 use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won鈥檛 (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don鈥檛 need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don鈥檛 break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn鈥檛 bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websites:聽https://www.productchart.com聽- helps compare monitors,聽https://uk.pcpartpicker.com聽- makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec鈥檌ng, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Main PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/NByp3C

Secondary PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/cc9K7P

TrueNAS Server: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/m37w3C

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit,聽Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV,聽UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps聽M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure,聽SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

4 hours ago, Chachunka said:

SG already has 2nd. It's up to P3D if they want to throw an extra to get silver back. Based on P3D's current jav output, it's possible they may settle for bronze and park this jav right above us and call it a day.

Looks like P3D is going for silver in the javelin throw. They dropped a couple big bunkers in the last couple hours to surge up. It's going to be spicy for P3D and SG in the steeplechase, but I don't think we'll be able to capitalize since SG will be full resources on MW regardless so catching up to them for bronze will be tough.

We need an extra push on Jav if I am right, looking at around 5.2mill by the end of night if we keep at 88k per hour. That math check out with you @will0hlep?

My Folding Stats

Current Rigs

Raspberry Pi 5 8GB, Raspberry Pi 4 4GB, Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi Zero W, Raspberry Pi Zero...I like Pi

Fractal North,ASRock Riptide B550, Ryzen 7 5700X, 6700XT with custom CPU/GPU loop.

16 minutes ago, HoldSquat said:

We need an extra push on Jav if I am right, looking at around 5.2mill by the end of night if we keep at 88k per hour. That math check out with you @will0hlep?

Yeah, we are about 60k short of a guarantee of 4th, but that only matters if Hard start pushing for 5.2m too.

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes.Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech.聽I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won鈥檛 use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won鈥檛 (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don鈥檛 need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don鈥檛 break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn鈥檛 bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websites:聽https://www.productchart.com聽- helps compare monitors,聽https://uk.pcpartpicker.com聽- makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec鈥檌ng, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit,聽Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV,聽UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps聽M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure,聽SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

45 minutes ago, Chachunka said:

Looks like P3D is going for silver in the javelin throw.

TBF it would have been a massive waste to do 2 10+M throws and then not confirm, so it was quite obvious they would聽

20 minutes ago, will0hlep said:

Yeah, we are about 60k short of a guarantee of 4th

F@H
Desktop:聽i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0,聽Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO,聽Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro聽RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan),聽Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

GPD Win 2

6 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

600k short now, the 60k was how much we鈥檇 be short when the day ends if we keep going at 88k an hour.

He/Him

Ah yep. And also HardOCP is at 0/hr so either they're happy with 4th or they have a bunker to release

F@H

GPD Win 2

3 hours ago, Baha said:

Those 2x7713 servers leadeater's got are putting in some serious work!

All of 1 lol, the rest are all probably what you are running just ~40 of them.聽

18 minutes ago, leadeater said:

What are we looking at? Maybe me but I doubt it, I just suspended my NFS projects ~5 hours ago so all my tasks would still be in progress.

You're just looking at a graph! But also large drop near the beginning of the graph

Western Sydney University - 4th year BCompSc student

5 minutes ago, kiska3 said:

You're just looking at a graph! But also large drop near the beginning of the graph

Well yes but what does it mean though. Just looks to me like someone reported a lot of tasks then stopped running NFS.

Edit:

lol

image.thumb.png.13d991d825de9452b8a68cb46b5cf4dd.png

image.thumb.png.e4ecc93961bcccd260a60dea99a7da19.png

@SkillzTA聽can only take 75% of the blame this time

Anyone got some of them NFS points to unbunk? 馃槄 Going to be so close to locking down 4th

My Folding Stats

Current Rigs

Raspberry Pi 5 8GB, Raspberry Pi 4 4GB, Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi Zero W, Raspberry Pi Zero...I like Pi

Fractal North,ASRock Riptide B550, Ryzen 7 5700X, 6700XT with custom CPU/GPU loop.

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

TBF it would have been a massive waste to do 2 10+M throws and then not confirm, so it was quite obvious they would聽

If P3D was happy with bronze in the jav, they would have stopped at 7.3M, just above our theoretical max. Instead, they've thrown a second jav higher than SG's theoretical max >10.4M, I expect them to do a fourth big throw, on the final attempt, to claim silver.

51 minutes ago, HoldSquat said:

Anyone got some of them NFS points to unbunk? 馃槄 Going to be so close to locking down 4th

Unless [H] is doing some sneaky stuff, they've registered zero points for the last six hours. I think they've conceded to us already. We'll see in a couple hours, but my money is betting that we're safe.

We should likely start the switch over to MW

He/Him

I'm off to bed, I'm exhausted, moved everything over to MW聽

My Folding Stats聽-聽Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING!聽- If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it.聽

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w聽
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

22 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I'm off to bed, I'm exhausted, moved everything over to MW聽

It's a new day!

15 minutes ago, Egon3 said:

I have a bad feeling about AnandTech....

image.thumb.png.77b4e5277103ea46a2eab008a9ea2ea7.png

image.thumb.png.4e89746ba6b062022e8b5ee0b7bea8e7.png

They were always going to get first, that's why we said we could only get 4th聽馃檭