Counter Strike 2 crashes and Steam Support claims that its my hardware

Go to solution Solved by Dareios-Gintoki,
On 4/19/2024 at 7:34 PM, PDifolco said:

It's not really solved, freeze at start isn't good at all...

22 hours ago, BoomerDutch said:

Well it technically this case is software fault not poor GPU.

But yeah if you have to reboot seems like cache issue on gpu hardware.

God wish we had acces to GPU with understandable format.

Well if you can continue playing csgo if you really want csgo otherwise go back to newest one and wait for while for new driver update meanwhile play other games.

Otherwise if you're poor or really want fixed then yeah try use warranty maybe you get repaired/new one.

Ok, i solved it. since i made this rig 5 month ago i tried many things in Bios and i might have "messed up" something in the settings. I did a reset to default but put XMP1 back on and there was also a new Bios update a few days ago which i also installed right away and now everything runs like clockwork even with the latest Nvidia driver. No more crashes or weird loading screen freezes. 

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some guidelines on how to perform hardware diagnostic test for a high-end PC.

The issue i am having is with counter-strike 2. Its constantly crashing ingame. Like every 2-3 Minutes. 

The Steam-Support looked at the crash-log of the game and could not identify anything wrong with cs2 and they advised me that its related to my pc hardware. Something might be broken there. I will attache the Response from Steam-Support as a screesnhot.

This problem seems to be only with cs 2, every other game i play like Grid Legends, Forza Horizon 5, Cyberpunk 2077, FarCry 6 don't have any random mid-game crashes.

How can i perform Hardware diagnostic test from home. If the possibility is limited, just let me know and i will look for a local IT support in my city.

Specs:

+ i9-14900K

+ ASUS GeForce RTX 4080 (Noctua OC Edition 16GB)

+ Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO

+ Ram Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5 6000MHz CL30 Dual Channel Kit

+ Cooler Procesor Noctua NH-D15

+ PSU Seasonic PRIME PX-1000, 80 PLUS® Platinum, 1000W

+ SSD Western Digital Black SN850X, PCle M.2, NVMe, 2TB

+ Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact

Screenshot2024-04-19110748.png.bbef8b964b35914c1c6f577b1963d228.png+ Monitor LED ASUS Gaming ROG Swift PG27AQDM 27 inch QHD OLED 0.03 ms 240 Hz HDR FreeSync Premium & G-Sync Compatible

RAM in slots 2 and 4 for dual channel?

Have you tried verifying integrity of game files and if you have have you tried redownloading?

Try running sfc/scannow to see if windows has any issues?

Tried running DDU?

Is this a fresh/new build or has it been upgraded from something?

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

4 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Have you tried verifying integrity of game files and if you have have you tried redownloading?

Tried running DDU?

Its a fresh new build, 5 months old. All pieces are new.

Ram is slot 2 and 4, with XMP 1 active.

I tried fresh w11 install.

All is updated: bios, drives, w11

It seems that the number of crashes can be reduced when i play in windowed mode with the settings not on ultra but on high. But still it crashes at some point.

Should i still try?: 

Tried running DDU?

3 minutes ago, Dareios-Gintoki said:

Its a fresh new build, 5 months old. All pieces are new.

Ram is slot 2 and 4, with XMP 1 active.

I tried fresh w11 install.

All is updated: bios, drives, w11

It seems that the number of crashes can be reduced when i play in windowed mode with the settings not on ultra but on high. But still it crashes at some point.

Should i still try?: 

Tried running DDU?

Run an sfc anyway it takes 2 seconds

and verify game files

if all else fails DDU, if that fails it might be due to that reddit thread

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

Its likely bug in your GPU.

DDU and reinstall drivers or else revert older version.

Assuming some visual object or something else in csgo makes game crash except other games that doesn't have that object or code might be explanation.

Changing csgo settings may indeed help.

Try messing around and see which feature is causing that. 

Set to high then apply then switch to custom and tick some settings off and do test rounds to see which will stay running.

Changing hertz might solve in some cases.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

Steam support is right.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 hour ago, Dareios-Gintoki said:

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some guidelines on how to perform hardware diagnostic test for a high-end PC.

The issue i am having is with counter-strike 2. Its constantly crashing ingame. Like every 2-3 Minutes. 

The Steam-Support looked at the crash-log of the game and could not identify anything wrong with cs2 and they advised me that its related to my pc hardware. Something might be broken there. I will attache the Response from Steam-Support as a screesnhot.

This problem seems to be only with cs 2, every other game i play like Grid Legends, Forza Horizon 5, Cyberpunk 2077, FarCry 6 don't have any random mid-game crashes.

How can i perform Hardware diagnostic test from home. If the possibility is limited, just let me know and i will look for a local IT support in my city.

Specs:

+ i9-14900K

Screenshot2024-04-19110748.png.bbef8b964b35914c1c6f577b1963d228.png+ Monitor LED ASUS Gaming ROG Swift PG27AQDM 27 inch QHD OLED 0.03 ms 240 Hz HDR FreeSync Premium & G-Sync Compatible

Its' a 14900K, duh

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2024/04/intel-is-investigating-game-crashes-on-top-end-core-i9-desktop-cpus/

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 hours ago, Dareios-Gintoki said:

Hello everyone,

Specs:

+ i9-14900K

You got Asus motherboard, do you have armoury crate installed? If yes, go to BIOS and disable that. after run Armoury crate uninstall tool: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/armoury crate/helpdesk_download/

Why you ask? Armoury crate is trash and cause so many problems. If this dosen't fix your issue. Try without XMP enabled. Set ram to auto while testing. If this is working. You can proceed to test ram by setting frequency to 6000, dram voltage to 1.4v and primary timings to 30-36-36-36-76 in bios, leave the rest of timings on auto. Leave XMP disabled. If you got any overclock features enabled, disable that as well including thermal velocity boost.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

Spoiler
5 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

You got Asus motherboard, do you have armoury crate installed? If yes, go to BIOS and disable that. after run Armoury crate uninstall tool: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/armoury crate/helpdesk_download/

Why you ask? Armoury crate is trash and cause so many problems. If this dosen't fix your issue. Try without XMP enabled. Set ram to auto while testing. If this is working. You can proceed to test ram by setting frequency to 6000, dram voltage to 1.4v and primary timings to 30-36-36-36-76 in bios, leave the rest of timings on auto. Leave XMP disabled. If you got any overclock features enabled, disable that as well including thermal velocity boost.

6 hours ago, Levent said:

Steam support is right.

6 hours ago, BoomerDutch said:

Its likely bug in your GPU.

DDU and reinstall drivers or else revert older version.

Assuming some visual object or something else in csgo makes game crash except other games that doesn't have that object or code might be explanation.

Changing csgo settings may indeed help.

Try messing around and see which feature is causing that. 

Set to high then apply then switch to custom and tick some settings off and do test rounds to see which will stay running.

Changing hertz might solve in some cases.

6 hours ago, TatamiMatt said:

Run an sfc anyway it takes 2 seconds

and verify game files

if all else fails DDU, if that fails it might be due to that reddit thread

6 hours ago, Likwid said:

Could this be related to ?

6 hours ago, TatamiMatt said:

Tried running DDU?

Yes, no. Intel is great. It was not the processors fault. I solved the mistery.

I tried with thermal velocity boost. and XMP off, and of course the armoury crate uninstalled but this would not solve anything, game crashed like before.

I tried DDU and installed the latest Nvidia drive 552.22 again but no solution.

I did DDU again and installed now the oldest drive that the Nvidia website lets me download, 545.84 and now the crashes stopped, i mean its not crashing anymore except here and there there is a game that freezes during loading screen and i have to restart with the phisical button. But no more ingame crashes.

I can recall when i got my rig 5 months ago this problem was not present but with every new release of Nvidia driver it started crashing. At the beginning it was maybe 1 game out of 5 but now with the very new drivers it crashed like every 1-2 Minutes. So yeah. Thank you all for you help 🙂

33 minutes ago, Dareios-Gintoki said:
  Hide contents

Yes, no. Intel is great. It was not the processors fault. I solved the mistery.

I tried with thermal velocity boost. and XMP off, and of course the armoury crate uninstalled but this would not solve anything, game crashed like before.

I tried DDU and installed the latest Nvidia drive 552.22 again but no solution.

I did DDU again and installed now the oldest drive that the Nvidia website lets me download, 545.84 and now the crashes stopped, i mean its not crashing anymore except here and there there is a game that freezes during loading screen and i have to restart with the phisical button. But no more ingame crashes.

I can recall when i got my rig 5 months ago this problem was not present but with every new release of Nvidia driver it started crashing. At the beginning it was maybe 1 game out of 5 but now with the very new drivers it crashed like every 1-2 Minutes. So yeah. Thank you all for you help 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

2 hours ago, PDifolco said:

So then my 10 year old gpu that cannot view console screen but visual screen does isn't good at all?

I mean it runs with all fps i need.

It can run over more years.

18 minutes ago, BoomerDutch said:

So then my 10 year old gpu that cannot view console screen but visual screen does isn't good at all?

I mean it runs with all fps i need.

It can run over more years.

Your 10 year old GPU is dying, do what you can still do with it, but a brand new hi end PC shouldn't crash at all and especially not when launching a game !!

52 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Your 10 year old GPU is dying, do what you can still do with it, but a brand new hi end PC shouldn't crash at all and especially not when launching a game !!

Well if you can continue playing csgo if you really want csgo otherwise go back to newest one and wait for while for new driver update meanwhile play other games.

Otherwise if you're poor or really want fixed then yeah try use warranty maybe you get repaired/new one.

On 4/19/2024 at 7:34 PM, PDifolco said:

22 hours ago, BoomerDutch said:

Ok, i solved it. since i made this rig 5 month ago i tried many things in Bios and i might have "messed up" something in the settings. I did a reset to default but put XMP1 back on and there was also a new Bios update a few days ago which i also installed right away and now everything runs like clockwork even with the latest Nvidia driver. No more crashes or weird loading screen freezes.