Computer Blackscreens and GPU Fans Ramp Up to Max Speed

Saltman

Hello all,

I have been having problems lately with my computer black screening. Specifically, it will black screen and then the GPU fans will go to 100%. It appears to be linked to 3d/high demand gaming, but has also done it while in a Chrome tab before. Usually it will happen 1-3 times a night before I can finally play for several hours without interruption. If it is going to do it, it typically does so in the first 10 mins of use.

I have tried the following to fix the issue:

Reseated graphics card

Reseated ram

All temps look normal

Removed Nvidia drivers with DDU and fresh install

Disabled ASUS MCE (When I did this the computer worked for roughly a day and a half with no issues, thought it was fixed)

Tried plugging my bottom monitor into GPU, and top into mobo to see if I would still get picture on top screen - I did still get a picture while the bottom one black screened, however the computer was still frozen

The GPU is on a riser as I have a HYTE Y40 case, I am going to try it without tomorrow to see if that fixes, but I am skeptical of that being the issue

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Specs as follows:

ASUS Prime Z790-P Wifi

Intel i7-13700k

GIGABYTE RTX4070TI WINDFORCE OC

32GB G.Skill DDR5 6000 RAM

1 hour ago, Saltman said:

Hello all,

I have been having problems lately with my computer black screening. Specifically, it will black screen and then the GPU fans will go to 100%. It appears to be linked to 3d/high demand gaming, but has also done it while in a Chrome tab before. Usually it will happen 1-3 times a night before I can finally play for several hours without interruption. If it is going to do it, it typically does so in the first 10 mins of use.

I have tried the following to fix the issue:

Reseated graphics card

Reseated ram

All temps look normal

Removed Nvidia drivers with DDU and fresh install

Disabled ASUS MCE (When I did this the computer worked for roughly a day and a half with no issues, thought it was fixed)

Tried plugging my bottom monitor into GPU, and top into mobo to see if I would still get picture on top screen - I did still get a picture while the bottom one black screened, however the computer was still frozen

The GPU is on a riser as I have a HYTE Y40 case, I am going to try it without tomorrow to see if that fixes, but I am skeptical of that being the issue

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Specs as follows:

ASUS Prime Z790-P Wifi

Intel i7-13700k

GIGABYTE RTX4070TI WINDFORCE OC

32GB G.Skill DDR5 6000 RAM

could be a power issue. just double check any connectors and make sure the riser is alright.