Fusion 360 3D Printing Model Help - Phone Case Model Modification

Is anyone good with Fusion 360? I just started 3D printing and I want to take two existing models and merge them into one. 

I'm trying to make a phone case for my Galaxy Z Fold 4 with a Quadlock motorcycle mounting system lockup on the back. These two files to be exact.Galaxy_V_fold_4_bottom_case.3mfquadlock.stl

I was able to merge the two files together in Blender to create this model. But that is about the extent of my knowledge and ability at the moment with blender of Fusion 360. Working towards learning more.

Screenshot(3).thumb.png.c22c760ebd97727d9f71a492068d0de5.png

In theory this should work but every time I try and print it comes out horrible because I have to print with supports either on the inside of the case which leads to some deformation of the outside lip or flip it upside down with the lockup on the build plate and the supports will be on the outside of the case resulting in a horrible finish to the outside.

(I have printed it laying on its side and that printed well enough, but I don't like the structural integrity it gives with all the layer lines running in one direction.)

I'm looking to basically extrude out the backface of the case and make the back of the case itself level with top of the Quadlock circle lockup. Effectively sinking the quadlock mount into the back of the case. Possibly with a beveled edge around the camera cutout because extruding it out that far will probably lead to the cutout showing in the camera when taking photos. 

I'm hoping that this is a pretty simple task for someone out there, willing to pay for the work if anyone can do it. 

5 hours ago, Spencer The Mid said:

Is anyone good with Fusion 360? I just started 3D printing and I want to take two existing models and merge them into one. 

I'm trying to make a phone case for my Galaxy Z Fold 4 with a Quadlock motorcycle mounting system lockup on the back. These two files to be exact.Galaxy_V_fold_4_bottom_case.3mfquadlock.stl

I was able to merge the two files together in Blender to create this model. But that is about the extent of my knowledge and ability at the moment with blender of Fusion 360. Working towards learning more.

In theory this should work but every time I try and print it comes out horrible because I have to print with supports either on the inside of the case which leads to some deformation of the outside lip or flip it upside down with the lockup on the build plate and the supports will be on the outside of the case resulting in a horrible finish to the outside.

(I have printed it laying on its side and that printed well enough, but I don't like the structural integrity it gives with all the layer lines running in one direction.)

I'm looking to basically extrude out the backface of the case and make the back of the case itself level with top of the Quadlock circle lockup. Effectively sinking the quadlock mount into the back of the case. Possibly with a beveled edge around the camera cutout because extruding it out that far will probably lead to the cutout showing in the camera when taking photos. 

I'm hoping that this is a pretty simple task for someone out there, willing to pay for the work if anyone can do it. 

This is what you need to do with both, then you can merge: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-Convert-a-Mesh-to-a-BRep-in-Fusion-360.html

You can skip step 9-14 if models are ok

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.