600$ Build with Monitor

Go to solution Solved by Zeke_,

The AIO seems extremely overkill for a 65 watt CPU. I would save that money and use it for more storage and use a budget friendly air cooler. (I personally recommend the ID Cooling A400 which I'm using on a 65 watt CPU right now). Other than that, for your use case I think the build looks good but keep in mind that the RX 580 (While a great GPU) will probably not be supported for drivers a while into the future if you plan on using this build for a long while, so if you could stay within your budget and get something from the RX 5000 series that may be a better option. You didn't include prices in your config, but I am seeing used RX 5600XT's on ebay for around $130 USD.

600 US$

Minecraft and/or shaders and mods, school work, light video editing, War thunder

no peripherals needed 

Case: DeepCool MATREXX 40

Motherboard: ASUS Prime B550M-A WiFi II

Ram: Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 16GB(2 x 8GB)

PSU: AGV Series 500W Power Supply

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500

Fans: Thermalright TL-C12C-S X3 CPU Fan

Cooler: Thermalright Aqua Elite 240 V3

Fan hub: Thermalright Fan and ARGB HUB ×8 ARGB/PWM

Storage: acer Predator GM7000 512GB NVMe Gen4

Monitor: SANSUI 27 Inch Monitor, 100Hz Computer Monitor 1920 x 1080P

Gpu: rx580

I'm trying to balance performance and aesthetics.

i think almost any pc over 500$ would be good because I'm currently on a 2014 iMac.

I already have a mouse, Keyboard and Headset.

Looking for any change suggestions.

edit: this is a list I’m making for a friend who barely know anything about the internals of a pc

The AIO seems extremely overkill for a 65 watt CPU. I would save that money and use it for more storage and use a budget friendly air cooler. (I personally recommend the ID Cooling A400 which I'm using on a 65 watt CPU right now). Other than that, for your use case I think the build looks good but keep in mind that the RX 580 (While a great GPU) will probably not be supported for drivers a while into the future if you plan on using this build for a long while, so if you could stay within your budget and get something from the RX 5000 series that may be a better option. You didn't include prices in your config, but I am seeing used RX 5600XT's on ebay for around $130 USD.

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

34 minutes ago, Zeke_ said:

I know the aio is very overkill but my friend prefers the aesthetic of an aio to an air cooler 

On 4/16/2024 at 8:51 PM, Williamgame08 said:

I know the aio is very overkill but my friend prefers the aesthetic of an aio to an air cooler 

I personally wouldn't go for aesthetics when you're on such a tight budget, you can always start with a cheap air cooler and add the AIO later. You do you though, that's just my two cents.

#BudgetMasterRace

CPU: Pentium G4560  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400mhz  CASE: NZXT S340  POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 500B MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B250M-DS3H  STORAGE: 1tb Wd Blue 7200rpm hdd  MOUSE: Redragon M711 Cobra Chroma RGB 

KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe  MICROPHONE: Blue Snowball  DISPLAY: Dell S2440L 1080p 60hz  HEADPHONES: Audio Technica ATH-M30X's

might be worth checking out local used market to see what's available. might get lucky and find something better in the price range.

46 minutes ago, Zeke_ said:

I personally wouldn't go for aesthetics when you're on such a tight budget, you can always start with a cheap air cooler and add the AIO later. You do you though, that's just my two cents.

100% agree, i would even go without a case if i had to at that price point to squeeze out every last bit of performance per dollar lol