Steam Download causing PC to stutter

Pr0kill

Hey all

Wonder if anyone can assist me here,

Having a issue where, when i have steam set to unlimited download speed it causes my PC to stutter like mad, i run wallpaper engine and you can see the stutter in the wallpaper when a download is going and as soon as i pause it, its 100%.

I have checked the health of my m2 and that seems fine, i have formated to see if that fixes it but it didnt.
Ive Tried setting the download location to a second m2 in the system and same issue.

My Specs

• 32GB HyperX

• RTX 4090

• Samsung 980 1tb

Any assistance would be appreciated.

what download speed are you achieving when doing this? downloading files requires the CPU to decode them. If you have very fast download speeds, its possible you are working your CPU really hard and causing stuttering

9 hours ago, matt0725 said:

what download speed are you achieving when doing this? downloading files requires the CPU to decode them. If you have very fast download speeds, its possible you are working your CPU really hard and causing stuttering

image.thumb.png.5269acf8a9fcf859496024f6c135cb48.png

here is a Recording i did to show the issue

13 hours ago, Pr0kill said:

here is a Recording i did to show the issue

your download speed isnt fast enough to cause the slowdown youre experiencing IMO, but your CPU usage in general seems fairly high(this may be because of the screen recording though). 

TBH im not sure what the issue may be. but i wanted to reply, maybe this bump will get someone else who can help, sorry 😞