LG Ultragear 27GR83Q-B Turning off every 20 seconds

Junicavi

Hello everyone

I have a triple monitor setup hooked up to my 4090. All 3 displays are LG 27GR83Q-B, but one of them just keeps turning off after 20 seconds of being powered, this happens time after time.

I've tried plugging in into the other power outlets, other ports in the GPU, and different cables, but nothing.

I've noticed that as soon as I turn on the display, the fan inside it goes on at full speed, and then, the monitor shuts down.

Any help would be appreciated, this is extremely annoying.

14 minutes ago, Junicavi said:

Hello everyone

I have a triple monitor setup hooked up to my 4090. All 3 displays are LG 27GR83Q-B, but one of them just keeps turning off after 20 seconds of being powered, this happens time after time.

I've tried plugging in into the other power outlets, other ports in the GPU, and different cables, but nothing.

I've noticed that as soon as I turn on the display, the fan inside it goes on at full speed, and then, the monitor shuts down.

Any help would be appreciated, this is extremely annoying.

Are they all new?  Can you RMA it?

Yes, they're all new

And unfortunately I can't RMA, as the return window has passed

18 minutes ago, Junicavi said:

Yes, they're all new

And unfortunately I can't RMA, as the return window has passed

Welcome to the forums!
The return window is not the RMA window. RMA is warranty. If they're new, they should be in warranty

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

3 hours ago, OddOod said:

Welcome to the forums!
The return window is not the RMA window. RMA is warranty. If they're new, they should be in warranty

Oh sorry

It will be really tricky, as I bought the items on Amazon USA, but they were sent to Colombia (My Country) so going through the warranty process will be a pain.

The issue happens around the first hour I turn the PC on, and then it rarely occurs, that's why this is so rare.

Also I've noticed that every time this happens, the fan inside the monitor goes full speed for a couple seconds, then the display turns off and I've to manually turn it on again

11 hours ago, Junicavi said:

It will be really tricky, as I bought the items on Amazon USA, but they were sent to Colombia (My Country) so going through the warranty process will be a pain.

Then contact Asus directly. Provide them with the serial number and your Amazon receipt and they should have a service center that covers your region. The monitor is obviously broken, so going for a repair/replacement at Asus' expense is the easiest and cheapest solution.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

We should do some basic background here though. It's possible that Asus won't honor the warranty due to crossing borders. If they will, you can ignore the below suggestions. 

First, I understand that there is one monitor that has this behavior, and it's always the same monitor and the other two are fine. Is that correct?

Second, I see you've tried multiple cables. I assume that you have taken a cable that worked on another monitor and swapped it in, that's good. Though it's possible that there is some marginal thing in the monitor that could be causing it so if you haven't already, it wouldn't hurt to try a new new cable.

If all the above is correct, we can look at some other things. Have you tried DDUing? Also run only the problematic monitor without the other two. Can you factory reset the monitor? Then adjust the settings on both the monitor and in windows display settings. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

I've tried all the above except por DDuing (not really sure what that is) But I can try with some extra cables, I've a lot of HDMI's and DP hanging around.

BTW the monitor is from LG 😄