Looking for a monitor for both Laptop And PS5

ServalNullXero

I need to buy a new monitor as my current 1080p display is a bit outdated and i plan to get a PS5 for some more high performance games like Forbidden west so want something that can make it look nice 🙂
I currently run on a Laptop with a 1050 which has been serving me extremely well for the past 5 years. I will be buying a PC by the end of this year if things work out!

However i need to upgrade my monitor and so im wondering what the best option is going to be for 4k gaming, more cinematic monitor. I've taken a look at the Samsung G5 32" which seems to check the boxes i want very well and fits within my price range of around $450 (AUD) on the second-hand market

Before i buy though i though i would ask if anyone here has some better recommendations for me

7 minutes ago, ServalNullXero said:

I've taken a look at the Samsung G5 32" which seems to check the boxes i want very well and fits within my price range of around $450

thats probably gonna be fine as monitors are subjective in whats considered good.

i mean there's people out there that think ultrawides are good I assume because their eyes aren't capable of moving up or down. so really it's up to you to determine what you want.

What are you willing to spend? If you want to take full advantage of HDR, you're looking at spending more like $2000 AUD. If you just look for a decent SDR experience, you can get away cheaper, but It'll still cost you at least around $700 AUD for a new unit.

The Samsung G5 you mentioned is 1440p afaik.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.