Questions on 4000 dollar gaming pc

Go to solution Solved by ParzivalAero,
8 minutes ago, Levent said:

Get a better CPU cooler. You are spending $120 on just 4 bling fans. Yet spending just about half of that for an ARGB 360 AIO?

This is an over the top gaming pc. Are you sure this is what you need? 

Can you reccomend a better cpu cooler? and other fans that would also look aesthetically pleasing? Also I've taken things into consideration, I'm just about in the group of gamers that is most serious. that's literally all I do at home and will continue to do so for many years to come. Plus I'm going to be making a very decent amount of money over the next few years so it will be totally worth it.

Budget (including currency): 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: 

Other details I just want the best possible cpu and gpu which I've learned are the ones I chose. Some of you may say the ryzen 9 but the ryzen 7 is better. Just want you guy's thought's on it https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PhPPWt

Get a better CPU cooler. You are spending $120 on just 4 bling fans. Yet spending just about half of that for an ARGB 360 AIO?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

8 minutes ago, Levent said:

Can you reccomend a better cpu cooler? and other fans that would also look aesthetically pleasing? Also I've taken things into consideration, I'm just about in the group of gamers that is most serious. that's literally all I do at home and will continue to do so for many years to come. Plus I'm going to be making a very decent amount of money over the next few years so it will be totally worth it.

36 minutes ago, ParzivalAero said:

Someone just reccomended this build to me https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KkDtYN what do you guys think?

1 hour ago, ParzivalAero said:

Someone just reccomended this build to me https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KkDtYN what do you guys think?

Not a bad build for the price. I would say do it but that is just me.

2 hours ago, ParzivalAero said:

Specs look good to me. Definitely upgrade that aio. Also, don't forget the thermal paste. Unless u already got some. U should go build it. Although if u really paying so much, might as well get a 7950x3d... but thats your choice.

Aio: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/hQfxFT/lian-li-galahad-ii-trinity-sl-inf-613-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-ga2t36inb

Fans: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/WNbTwP/lian-li-uni-fan-sl-infinity-613-cfm-120-mm-fans-3-pack-uf-slin120-3b

Hope it helps!

2 minutes ago, ulookuglynoob said:

Specs look good to me. Definitely upgrade that aio. Also, don't forget the thermal paste. Unless u already got some. U should go build it. Although if u really paying so much, might as well get a 7950x3d... but thats your choice.

Few things, I've been hearing from people that the cpu i had selected was better for some reason idk and also wdym upgrade the aio and can you suggest a specific one that would work?

well, yea, the 7800x3d outperforms the 7950x3dd by like, 1 FPS, in most games, but the 7950x3d should perform better overall in other stuff. Well, I guess it don't matter, since all u gonna do is game, so just keep the 7800x3d.

What you want doesnt equal what you really need at the moment, and honestly PC tech is the easiest to sour at the bleeding edge of framerate, the best you build now would be obsolete in less than 6-8 years, and the best is very much often far above in price compared to one tier below the product chain while realistically only losing out at 10-20% of the performance. Id recommend to build close to the top, with consideration that throwing more money doesnt net you far more performance.

And so with that, this.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($387.09 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($90.08 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX V2 ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($102.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Corsair MP600 PRO LPX 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac GAMING Trinity GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER 16 GB Video Card  ($999.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Newegg Sellers) 
Power Supply: ADATA XPG Core Reactor II 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2125.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-14 00:51 EDT-0400

The 14th gen Intel is also a good one to eye on in this heights, if your game is not really great at cache usage and prefer raw clock.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-14700K 3.4 GHz 20-Core Processor  ($399.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($90.08 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Corsair MP600 PRO LPX 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($149.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac GAMING Trinity GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER 16 GB Video Card  ($999.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: ADATA XPG Core Reactor II 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2125.01
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-04-14 00:54 EDT-0400

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

7 minutes ago, SorryBella said:

What you want doesnt equal what you really need at the moment, and honestly PC tech is the easiest to sour at the bleeding edge of framerate, the best you build now would be obsolete in less than 6-8 years, and the best is very much often far above in price compared to one tier below the product chain while realistically only losing out at 10-20% of the performance. Id recommend to build close to the top, with consideration that throwing more money doesnt net you far more performance.

And so with that, this.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX V2 ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($102.99 @ Amazon) 

The 14th gen Intel is also a good one to eye on in this heights, if your game is not really great at cache usage and prefer raw clock.

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 

Let's say I go with this build, I have a few questions. Does it look good when built? Is it upgradable for when those new parts do come out?

6 minutes ago, SorryBella said:

And so with that, this.

PCPartPicker Part List

PCPartPicker Part List

This is certainly interesting I will take some thought. 

So seeing as I'm willing to spend the money and I want the highest gaming performance I would get right now in the market, I created this build with the help of others (ofc) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3HgVQP  All I wanna know about this build is if when a part or two becomes obsolete in the future 6-8 years would I be able to upgrade it?

1 hour ago, ulookuglynoob said:

Np

What do you think?

10 hours ago, ParzivalAero said:

All I wanna know about this build is if when a part or two becomes obsolete in the future 6-8 years would I be able to upgrade it?

For what purpose, web browsing YOuTube or gaming or 3D render or code compile or?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

-=Locked=-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER