Wont spin to life

Noah0977

So my PC will not spin to life at all. I took it apart to clean it and put it all together but won't turn on. I tried the screwdriver method and everything. But I treated the PSU and it spins to life and when I click the flash bios button on the motherboard the red light turns on to indicate that it is trying to flash the bios. So the motherboard and everything has power but just won't spin to life

Motherboard-b550 a pro 

PSU- cooler master

v2

45 minutes ago, Noah0977 said:

So my PC will not spin to life at all.

WHen you power on your pc. What is the EZ debug light status ( right of motherboard near 24pin connector). Which led is it hanging at. 

The leds should give you an indication of which component is failing. If you see no lights, ensure the ez led control switch is on.

This is page 42 from your motherboard manual

image.png.0611448785b158c6a54fd13c83c5c180.png

So I tried to turn on my PC and it would not turn on. I started taking it apart trying to find what was stopping it from starting up. I took my CPU out and there was some thermal paste that overflowed into the socket so I thought that was the cause of it not working. I got a toothbrush and isopropyl alcohol and cleaned it all out but it still won't turn on when the CPU is in. Also by not turning I don't mean not booting it would not spin to life at all. So it my CPU gone or is my motherboard socket gone.

When you cleaned the socket, did you bend the leads at all? Those leads are fairly delicate.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I don't think I did 

What did you use to clean the CPU socket?

33 minutes ago, midstate said:

What did you use to clean the CPU socket?

Toothbrush and 70% isopropyl alcohol 

16 minutes ago, Noah0977 said:

Toothbrush and 70% isopropyl alcohol 

You most likely bent some pins since it's not ideal to use a toothbrush in a CPU socket they are extremely delicate.

7 minutes ago, midstate said:

You most likely bent some pins since it's not ideal to use a toothbrush in a CPU socket they are extremely delicate.

I checked I bent no pins

58 minutes ago, Noah0977 said:

I checked I bent no pins

There has to be something wrong with it possibly a short somewhere on the board. I honestly do not know that is the only other thing I can think of.

-=Merged=-

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER