Downloading Windows 10 ISO from windows Directly

kitnoman

Am I the only one who did not know about this? So to start with, window 11 have a direct ISO download on their website. But for windows 10, you need to download the creation media tool. Unfortunately, mine was always stuck at 0% progress. So I contacted microsoft tech support to get a direct link for the ISO, since I couldn't remember or if it's already gone. So here's the resolution.

Originally, here's what the link would greet you.

image.thumb.png.08f6e20f2f2cd4789e7a9746d7a8fff8.png

What you need to do is to press CTRL+Shift+I or look for Developers tool in the settings. Next is to click refresh a few times. After that this is what would appear. With this we can directly download a clean ISO and use rufus to create a bootable.

image.thumb.png.62498a369b09ac957aaf1e41924486d0.png

9 minutes ago, kitnoman said:

use rufus to create a bootable.

Did you know you can download the windows iso direct from rufus. A hidden quirk, in the settings enable updates.

You do realise the media creation tool offers to just dump the iso, right?

And it also offers to burn it to a memory stick, exactly the same as Rufus does, and it's a completely vanilla ISO? It's been this way for the best part of a decade. If it's not working for you, your computer has a problem.

1 hour ago, whispous said:

You do realise the media creation tool offers to just dump the iso, right?

And it also offers to burn it to a memory stick, exactly the same as Rufus does, and it's a completely vanilla ISO? It's been this way for the best part of a decade. If it's not working for you, your computer has a problem.

Yes I do. But as I've briefly mentioned. I don't know if it's due to my current windows having issues. But creation media tool isn't working for me. It won't complete with either options, directly creating a bootable or creating an ISO. So I needed an ISO as I will also be using NTlite before creating the bootable. But I didn't know about the rufus. Thanks for that info.