Stop Windows from re-postioning my Windows after monitor turns off

Donut417

Is there a way in Windows 10 to stop my windows from being re-postioned when my monitors go to sleep? I have power toys installed and I use Fancy Zones.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Not that I know of - Window snapping is one my major gripes about Windows in general, though it is a mite bit better in Windows 11 than 10

I would just start looking into 3rd programs because there's no way to stop it with just Windows

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

you're using displayport, you're encountering my least favourite feature of displayport.

*some* monitors have a configuration option to not disconnect when they go to sleep, but it's often well hidden for some back-asswards reason.

Look for an option in your monitors OSD called Displayport Deep Sleep and turn it off. 

That and just move to 11, that's (mostly) fixed. My windows almost always return to where I had them if I disconnect and reconnect a display.

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Look for an option in your monitors OSD called Displayport Deep Sleep and turn it off. 

Its off on my monitor.

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

hat and just move to 11, that's (mostly) fixed. My windows almost always return to where I had them if I disconnect and reconnect a display.

Its not that easy. I have to do the upgrade to convert the key then I have to do a clean install, because Upgrade installs of Windows are iffy in my experience. I just did a reinstall not long ago and Im not looking to do another one for some time.

9 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

That and just move to 11, that's (mostly) fixed.

Took the advice. Surprisingly doesnt seem to be broken. Maybe I wont have to do a format and reinstall but we will see.