Laptop barrel connectors for power: Am I weird I prefer them?

I am assuming I'm weird, but I figured I'd ask... Am I weird for preferring a barrel connector over a fixed connector (USB-C most of the time now) on a laptop? I liked how they easily spun around for reorienting the power in whichever direction on their own with no intervention.

Anyone else?

There are trade-offs for everything.

Yeah, you're giving up the swiveling connection, but now you're not locked to only buying that company's power supply locked at their voltage.

I have HP Laptops at work, and buying replacement power supplies costs like $80. We have TONS of Dell power supplies laying around but they're useless. It would've been so nice if both power supplies were USB-C...

At least when it came to iOS and Android, it was only the physical connector and you didn't have to worry about voltages.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

15 hours ago, emcue said:

I am assuming I'm weird, but I figured I'd ask... Am I weird for preferring a barrel connector over a fixed connector (USB-C most of the time now) on a laptop? I liked how they easily spun around for reorienting the power in whichever direction on their own with no intervention.

Anyone else?

I can understand it... with that said, Apple's current MagSafe connectors are my favourite. They're easy to snap in but also won't pull your laptop to the floor if you snag the cord.