Help with Video Rendering via Adobe Suite

Go to solution Solved by Avocado Diaboli,

If you're at 1440p, you might want to increase the bitrate per YouTube's own recommended settings.

Estimating render times is tricky, because it always depends on what you're doing to the footage in the software itself. Simply re-encoding a video you've dragged onto the timeline isn't going to take as long as rendering a video where you've applied color correction or computationally expensive effects.

Also, on a side note, you don't need to render out your After Effects clips. You can just import After Effects files into Premiere Pro. It'll play them directly and you can save yourself the step of exporting the video file.

Hi all,

Looking for some help when it comes to rendering video using the likes of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.

Currently upgraded my CPU from a R5 3600 to a R9 5900X and my GPU from a RTX 2060 to a RTX 4070 with 32gb of Corsair Vergence 3200mhz RAM.

My workflow is as follows:

1. Create the video background in AE, as well as the audio visualiser, track titles and video main title.
  2. Render the above videos in Media Encoder.
  3. Organise the files together in Adobe Premiere Pro and add some images.
  4. Export the video 

I'm just wondering during this proces what would be the best render settings/codecs to use? I'm am currently exporting the clips at the following settings:

• 1440p using
  • H.265(HVEC)
  • CBR  @  10mbps

but I've been reading online that it is a poor format to be exporting at especially when editing the files and exporting them afterwards.

I'm also not sure how long the render times should be, I know that this has a lot of variables but I feel like the exports aren't that much faster then when I had my previous system.

I am uploading the videos to YouTube primarily.

Any input on subject/topic would be greatly appreciated!

If you're at 1440p, you might want to increase the bitrate per YouTube's own recommended settings.

Estimating render times is tricky, because it always depends on what you're doing to the footage in the software itself. Simply re-encoding a video you've dragged onto the timeline isn't going to take as long as rendering a video where you've applied color correction or computationally expensive effects.

Also, on a side note, you don't need to render out your After Effects clips. You can just import After Effects files into Premiere Pro. It'll play them directly and you can save yourself the step of exporting the video file.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

59 minutes ago, Avocado Diaboli said:

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I know you can create the dynamic link between after effects and premiere pro, I think I'm just in the habit of doing it the way I mentioned above because my old system struggled doing it that way.

I will definitely give this a go though, do you think it will take longer having the dynamic link in the premiere pro file to render?

8 minutes ago, MayonnaiseHaze said:

I will definitely give this a go though, do you think it will take longer having the dynamic link in the premiere pro file to render?

It'll definitely take longer to render dynamically linked files than exported video clips. If you include the time it took to export the clip from After Effects to begin with, I'd have to take a wild guess which is faster, since I personally haven't tested it out. The primary reason to import the After Effects files is convenience. If you have to go back to the After Effects file to change something, you won't have to render the sequence out again, you can just make changes, see live updates in Premiere Pro and do a final render pass at the very end, once you're sure everything is as it should be. If you're happy with your current workflow and you're sure you won't benefit form the convenience of being able to tweak your After Effects sequence on the fly, there's no need to switch over.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█