(Asus Prime B550-Plus Motheboard) SATA connected drives have random speed everytime i turn on the PC (sometimes they aren't read at all)

Lorez29

This is a problem i have been having since the i upgraded my PC. I used to have a Gigabyte GA H61M with an i5 2500 and 8gb of ram, with a kingston 250gb SSD plugged for the OS and a 1TB HDD for other storage, along a GTX 1050 Ti, which died after some time and i replaced it with a RX 6600. All of this was powered by an EVGA 600W PSU, it worked well all the time, and i only changed it due to the ridiculous bottleneck i had.

The change i did was getting an Asus Prime B550-Plus Motherboard, a Ryzen 5 5600 and 32gb of ram, i didn't change the SSD nor the HDD, i installed it, etc, etc, but problems started just in the first turn on, the PC didn't recognize the SSD and i had to turn the PC on and off many times in order to boot, i (unfortunately) just went ok with it and did it every time i had to turn on the PC, i even bought another 1TB kingston ssd at some point to store some games and that kind of stuff, but another problem started to appear, now everytime i turned on the PC it would either be a fast boot, or a very slow boot, getting the main SSD at 100% for just copying a file and things like that. The read and write times of each drive became random, where i had to reboot the pc many times so i could get acceptable speed for the SSD, it reached a point where it was like 5 times slower than an HDD when booting.

Due to this i made a "conclusion" at the time and it was that the PSU wasn't holding on, it couldn't power everything at the same time (making the SSD not appear) and if it did it gave little power (making the SSD slower), what i did was buying a NVME drive, which consumes less power and gets it from the MOBO and, it worked, it's read all the time and workis at full speed.

I tried swapping SATA spots, SATA power cables, even unplugging all the drives but one SSD, but it still had that error, i still kept the theory that it was the PSU isn't catching up and therefore fails to power all of the drives, but knowing that it can power both the CPU and GPU going 100%, maybe that isn't the case, i wanted to try seeing if the problem persisted by unplugging the GPU so there could be more "avaliable" power but i can't get video output if i unplug it so i can't know lol, and another way of testing it would be getting another more powerful PSU, but if that isn't the problem i would end up just wasting money (and i don't know anyone with a better PSU, nor willing to let me test it anyways).

Also while i know Kingston SSD's are DRAMless and in general not the best SSD's out there, they worked flawlessly before the change, and i even took the 250GB one out of the PC and plugged it into an old laptop to replace it's old HDD, it works perfectly with the correct speeds and booting, so the problem isn't in the SSD's but in the build.

Finally, another theory i got recently is that maybe the motherboard arrived faulty and the SATA ports don't work correctly, looking up online there seems to be some people that got an error like this too in B550 boards, i have seen at least 3 posts talking abot the same problem with B550 boards, i would really appreciate your help if you know anything about this kind of error, thanks.

PC SPECS:

Asus Prime B550-Plus

Ryzen 5 5600

32GB Ram

RX 6600 (plugged to the PCI X16 4.0 port)

600W EVGA PSU (80 plus white, bought it in 2015)