Case Size & Graphics Card Size question

Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
5 minutes ago, Bublito said:

Howdy!
Im planning a new build using the Phanteks NV5 case

https://www.newegg.ca/black-phanteks-nv5-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854128?Item=N82E16811854128 (Couldn't link to actual Phanteks website, looks like their website is down as of writing this, Newegg has the full official description though)

I currently have a GeForce RTX 3070 TI and plan on upgrading to either 4080 or 4090 in the future (I think the ROG Strix would be a good reference for future GPU)
My question is will the NV5 have enough space to fit either of these graphics card? Looking at the size descriptions im fairly certain that it will, however this would be my first time using a Phanteks case and I've had bad experiences in the past with cases not being exactly what the website described (From other brands)

So kinda hoping someone used this combination of Case & GPUs and can confirm if it works or not

Edit: This would be for a horizontal build, not vertical

Cheers!

The NV5 can support GPU's up to 440mm in length.
The RTX 4090 ROG STRIX GAMING OC is only 358mm ( I say only.. Still large 😄 )
You have PLENTY of space, absolutely no problem.

The fans won't be in the way either as they are on the rear/side as well.

Howdy!

https://www.newegg.ca/black-phanteks-nv5-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854128?Item=N82E16811854128 (Couldn't link to actual Phanteks website, looks like their website is down as of writing this, Newegg has the full official description though)

I currently have a GeForce RTX 3070 TI and plan on upgrading to either 4080 or 4090 in the future (I think the ROG Strix would be a good reference for future GPU)
My question is will the NV5 have enough space to fit either of these graphics card? Looking at the size descriptions im fairly certain that it will, however this would be my first time using a Phanteks case and I've had bad experiences in the past with cases not being exactly what the website described (From other brands)

So kinda hoping someone used this combination of Case & GPUs and can confirm if it works or not

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, Bublito said:

Howdy!

Cheers!

The NV5 can support GPU's up to 440mm in length.
The RTX 4090 ROG STRIX GAMING OC is only 358mm ( I say only.. Still large 😄 )
You have PLENTY of space, absolutely no problem.

The fans won't be in the way either as they are on the rear/side as well.

2 minutes ago, Bublito said:

Howdy!

Cheers!

Regarding case GPU size restrictions, this is the metric you're looking for:

image.png.98e3ecb967b30a759aa293c8a4bb0d47.png

440mm is hilariously forgiving, noting the RTX 4090 Strix is sub 360mm length.

TLDR: A mid tower can fit most GPUs, like my RTX 4090 Gaming OC in a 4000D or FD North. The height limitations are pretty easy to spot, being how much distance there is above the PCIe slots. The thickness of the card being dependent on available PCIe slots or the space below them.

image.png.d5afda7be13ef68db7d55f6d5822df8d.png

The standard amount of space for a mid tower, it seems.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Thanks alot!

I guess I was (Yet again) overthinking a non-existent problem 😂

Appreciate the help!

Just now, Bublito said:

Thanks alot!

I guess I was (Yet again) overthinking a non-existent problem 😂

Appreciate the help!

Hehe, better be safe than sorry!
The NV5 can fit absolutely ANY graphics card on the market with plenty of space left.  The 4090 ROG STRIX is one of the largest if not the largest GPU and it will fit without any issues.

8 minutes ago, Bublito said:

Couldn't link to actual Phanteks website

Site is slow, but it is working. https://www.phanteks.com/NV5.html

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

40 minutes ago, Bublito said:

plan on upgrading to either 4080 or 4090 in the future (I think the ROG Strix would be a good reference for future GPU)
My question is will the NV5 have enough space to fit either of these graphics card?

Well... Uh.... 

image.png.92b2b8d85191cce940e850e4cc1b197c.pngimage.png.24c7f9969b05e97ca4a59683c08cf258.png

image.png.ef517e44bb7e47e0da989363dc7a98a9.png

Yeah I'd say so 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Well... Uh.... 

image.png.92b2b8d85191cce940e850e4cc1b197c.pngimage.png.24c7f9969b05e97ca4a59683c08cf258.png

image.png.ef517e44bb7e47e0da989363dc7a98a9.png

Yeah I'd say so 

I huh...I...😐 I totally noticed that.......(not)...............
Imma go put on my dunce hat.

On 4/5/2024 at 9:22 PM, Bublito said:

I huh...I...😐 I totally noticed that.......(not)...............
Imma go put on my dunce hat.

It's totally fine 😂😂😂 Everyone on this forum has had one of those moments at some point (myself, many times..... dont ask me about "solid" heatpipes...)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25