Schools Brainwashing us into thinking Apple is God

So, a little while ago, at the start of the school year, all my classmates and I received 10" Android tablets. And they sucked. Like hardcore sucked. Like so sucky hardware that the dang things broke the same day we got them. They stuck a launcher on there that made everything so laggy for the already sucky specs to handle. Due to this fail, we are now getting iPads for next year. And they will be great. This is leading us all to believe that Apple is God because everything Apple is completely reliable and fast. Gah. Kill me now. :)

apple doing what apple does best 

well.... i think apple stuff is reliable and fast, just 2 times too expensive.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Well, the Android tablet broke and the replace them with iPads. Just break the iPad, and they might give you a Surface.

If we broke the iPads the school would be like, "BE MORE CAREFUL YOU DERP" and make us pay for the damage. 

I want banana.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

getting shit android tablets and then putting them against ipads just to try to male them look good!? that's the same like getting a 1st iphone and putting it up next to an htc one m8...

If we broke the iPads the school would be like, "BE MORE CAREFUL YOU DERP" and make us pay for the damage. 

but if it was with the older tablets they would go just like: "stupid arndroid!"

I don't quite understand your post.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

people are dumb, comparing cheap tablets to ipads, thats saying that ferrari is better then a fiat panda, ofcourse it is its 15x as expensive... 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Then tell them, that it would be cheaper for them to go with Apple Newtons insted of iPads. If they do this, the IT department of your school will break down crying,

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I doubt there's some Apple conspiracy at your school... I'm going to take a wild guess and say they picked some well-priced Android out of the sea of Android devices, and got a bad company who makes a bad tablet and got nothing but complaints in return.

So what better thing to do than go with the name everyone recognizes? Skip Android and switch to iOS, there's not many things different with the hardware and the software works well enough that my grandma can add songs and books without difficulty.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I don't quite understand your post.

hes saying that people at his school will think apple is the best because they beat cheap android tablets, and now think adroid suck

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

hes saying that people at his school will think apple is the best because they beat cheap android tablets, and now think adroid suck

Well, if people think you can compare a 100 € product to a 600 € one, then they cannot be helped. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Well, if people think you can compare a 100 € product to a 600 € one, then they cannot be helped. 

you obviously havent met non tech savy people then :D

I don't get why your school paid so little for terrible android tablets and now they are going to spend thousands of tax dollars on Ipads? Why not just get mid-range android tablets.

So, a little while ago, at the start of the school year, all my classmates and I received 10" Android tablets. And they sucked. Like hardcore sucked. Like so sucky hardware that the dang things broke the same day we got them. They stuck a launcher on there that made everything so laggy for the already sucky specs to handle. Due to this fail, we are now getting iPads for next year. And they will be great. This is leading us all to believe that Apple is God because everything Apple is completely reliable and fast. Gah. Kill me now. :)

Often times schools don't have the same pricing we do, they might either have a huge discount or much higher prices on certain items, especially assuming the school is funded by the government.

Schools funded by government money are forced to use government approved vendors when spending government money. So even if they know they can have a better deal somewhere else on Y brand  than X when locked in to those vendors X deal might be better than Y.

Often times schools that are forced to do this disregard brand or quality.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I don't get why your school paid so little for terrible android tablets and now they are going to spend thousands of tax dollars on Ipads? Why not just get mid-range android tablets.

The horrible thing is, they spent $500 per tablet for that piece of junk, it was like 5 years old and used. They got ripped off I think.

Apple is a good company (in some places) and their products are pretty nice. It just depends on what your shopping for that makes it more expensive, if your looking for raw performance, Mac's may not be the best way to go but when it comes to laptops they make some really great ultrabook type laptops.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

I know of 2 major universities here that require you to have an iPad.  Can't use an android tab at all.  Something I am not at all happy about...  :angry:

The horrible thing is, they spent $500 per tablet for that piece of junk, it was like 5 years old and used. They got ripped off I think.

They don't have a technology consultant? What kind of school do you go to? :o

I don't remember any of my schools giving me anything aside from text books... *scratches head*.

Apple ain't bad for handheld stuff. I just don't like/use them for main computers. I like my Win7 ya know.

Maybe you will fall in love with Apple, if that's what you're worried about. HB pencils too.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

Often times schools don't have the same pricing we do, they might either have a huge discount or much higher prices on certain items, especially assuming the school is funded by the government.

Schools funded by government money are forced to use government approved vendors when spending government money. So even if they know they can have a better deal somewhere else on Y brand  than X when locked in to those vendors X deal might be better than Y.

Often times schools that are forced to do this disregard brand or quality.

Not here in the US at least. Money spent is determined by the school board which is appointed for each school district. Usually they have technology consultants that are there to help them decide where the money should go and how it should be spent. There are no restrictions on brands or anything of that nature. Most schools still intentionally buy old Dell OEM PC's for their computer labs with P4's in them. For the most part, non-tech savy people believe everything created by Apple is better than anything and will buy it just because it's expensive. Though it's also true schools get discounts, mostly because they buy in bulk. The more you buy, the better the price.

EDIT: This is also why beats are popular among high school students. Expensive = better for them.

i had to get one for school and use it from 2013 to i think 2016 :( but it makes sense for schools to make students use them over an android tablet. Most kids have iPhones anyway so they dont have to learn a new os if they have ipads. Worst thing is that the school doesnt provide the students with the iPads. And people always talk about how amazing apple is in class. On top of that we have to use iMacs for visulas communications and design. On the bright side it saves us the hassle pf lugging text books everywhere. But its not like the ebooks work anyway. lol sorry about my little muddled rant