D.O.C.P profile for 3200MHz memory speed. Do I have it right?

Hello everybody.

I am new to the forum, so I apologize, if I am writing into wrong section of the forum. I am new to the the modern PCs, because for many years I had a work PC, that it was available for me. Then in 2015 I started job that we were given MACs. So just in the end of the 2023, I finally got my new personal computer. Last time I had my own computer was in the era of Athlon X2. So I understand what is the purpose of these profiles, but I have an little doubt that all is good in my configuration. So I will be very happy, if you give me a hint if I am on the right way.

So I have motherboard ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS. I know it's kind of old motherboard. But I am not an extreme gamer, so I think it will suit me well. My processor is Ryzen 7 5700X. 

When i ran it for first time, I enabled the D.O.C.P profile in my BIOS and the memory started working at 3200 MHz. But as I was playing some game, I noticed that the game was crashing and most of the time without any error message. I, then restored the default settings and the same games were stable. So I looked at the settings again and this time I set the RAM frequency manually. So when I booted to windows, ram si 3200MHz again and the system is stable. I will provide the readings from CPUz. 

So my question is. Is it enough, what I did, so my system run optimal. I only changed the RAM frequency. (I tried to run the optimal settings profile in the ASUS BIOS, and then I also had some crashes, so I bring it back to the original settings. If I have to do more, I can provide additional info. 

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2024-04-04 122255.png

Screenshot 2024-04-04 122304.png

You turned on the DOCP but your motherboard didnt apply them. See the second picture, it shows your XMP-3200 profile at the last column in the timings table. You were supposed to have 16,20,20,38,58 as your primary timings, you have them at 22,22,22,52,74.

Timings alone tell me this could be a Hynix kit.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

11 minutes ago, Levent said:

You turned on the DOCP but your motherboard didnt apply them. See the second picture, it shows your XMP-3200 profile at the last column in the timings table. You were supposed to have 16,20,20,38,58 as your primary timings, you have them at 22,22,22,52,74.

Timings alone tell me this could be a Hynix kit.

Hello and thank you for the response. English is not my native language, so to confirm if I get it right. What you say is that my RAM is not working on the desired timings. In the second shot the program shows, what the timings should be and I have to make it so in the first shot I see these timings. Is this correct. 

Thank you!

10 minutes ago, xxTTcc said:

Hello and thank you for the response. English is not my native language, so to confirm if I get it right. What you say is that my RAM is not working on the desired timings. In the second shot the program shows, what the timings should be and I have to make it so in the first shot I see these timings. Is this correct. 

Thank you!

First screenshot shows your currently applied settings, second one shows the supported timing/frequency profiles your rams support.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

9 minutes ago, Levent said:

First screenshot shows your currently applied settings, second one shows the supported timing/frequency profiles your rams support.

Understand, thank you very much. I applied the timings manually in the BIOS, so I think now they are doing right. Can you, suggest me a tool to check if the system is stable. Is Cinebench going to do the job?

Screenshot 2024-04-04 130351.png

Just now, xxTTcc said:

Understand, thank you very much. I applied the timings manually in the BIOS, so I think now they are doing right. Can you, suggest me a tool to check if the system is stable. Is Cinebench going to do the job?

Cinebench doesnt really crash unless rams are extremely unstable. I personally recommend this option in Prime95.

image.png.09f440286f47f0563c6539d990fabaa4.png

1 hour ago, xxTTcc said:

TM5 by 1usmus use the 1usmus_v3 config file and open it in notepad and edit the default 3 or 4 passes and change it to 25 then run it. Let it run trough all 25 passes, there must be no errors. 

2 hours ago, Levent said:

Cinebench doesnt really crash unless rams are extremely unstable. I personally recommend this option in Prime95.

image.png.09f440286f47f0563c6539d990fabaa4.png

Ok. I ran a several tests and here is the conclusion. 

When I apply the D.O.C.P profile and the correct timings, shown in the second screenshot, in the first post are applied. The system become unstable.
When I apply the clock speed and set the voltage to 1.350V, the system runs with the timings shown in the first screenshot(first post). But the system is stable.

If I apply the timings manually, the system become unstable. 

The two sticks of RAM are with same part number.

So what is it. This is what the motherboard can do, or I should search for bios update. 

Or maybe I am missing something.

Best Regards!