Is there a rise in spammers on Craigslist?

tanjackson

Recently, I got 3 people who email me asking to buy 3 of my items. After asking tons of question. they ask me to text them for location and time and they just stop respond. Does anyone experiencing the same issue?

Sorry to retort with the comment of, when hasn't craigslist been full of scammers?  That website has always been my last resort to find something as it seems it's full of more garbage than a shady pawn shop.

39 minutes ago, vf1000ride said:

Sorry to retort with the comment of, when hasn't craigslist been full of scammers?  That website has always been my last resort to find something as it seems it's full of more garbage than a shady pawn shop.

Craigslist was better before Facebook Marketplace took off. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

6 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

I guess I'm just a grumpy old, grey beard, get off my lawn old fart,  but Marketplace is just as bad from a sellers standpoint.  I have never tried to buy anything from there but at this point in the game I would rather just throw my unused stuff in the trash than deal with trying to sell things to the ungrateful pos people on either of those platforms that live in my area.  Just ask me about how many people tried to offer up unwanted pets to me in trade for a motorcycle I was trying to sell that was listed as cash only/no trades.  😖

8 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

May I know when you actually start selling/buying on CL?

I have been selling/buying on CL in the passed 13 years. I have bought/sell good items with good prices. I also have a couple of cases where I got scammed, but lesson learned.

Now, CL is full of scammers and spammers. 

7 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

I agreed. More people now use FB more than CL.

1 hour ago, vf1000ride said:

Just ask me about how many people tried to offer up unwanted pets to me in trade for a motorcycle I was trying to sell that was listed as cash only/no trades.  😖

They don't deserve pets or motorcycles.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 hour ago, tanjackson said:

May I know when you actually start selling/buying on CL?

I have been selling/buying on CL in the passed 13 years. I have bought/sell good items with good prices. I also have a couple of cases where I got scammed, but lesson learned.

Now, CL is full of scammers and spammers. 

I seem to think it was around 2000-2005 time frame for craigslist.  I remember trying to set up dates and stuff with the ladies when the romance section was launched.  Lots of shady dealing went on in that section back in those days as well.  LoL.

On 3/30/2024 at 5:39 AM, vf1000ride said:

no need for sorry, the first response should be this. i mean yeah you can find stuff but literally i cant remember a time where it wasnt a cesspool of scams. is there a rise in them? no clue, i also cant tell if the sewage treatment plant smells worse when i drive by because its always smelled like crap and it still smells like crap. like 5% difference isnt going to be noticeable. thats craigslist imo.