Do I need to install these bracket things on my GPU?

Hi new builder here and I'm having to swap all the parts of this used PC I bought to a new case and I was wondering if I need to install these brackets looking things on my GPU? I was able to mount it without them but need to know if I should take it back out and put one of them on before I try to power it up. Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for reading! 🙂

Case is a Thermal take chaser and GPU is a MSI 3060 12gb. Case came with 5 of these brackets 

Edit: yes I know it's dusty I'm picking up a can of duster today haha

17116488248511259148255404707268.jpg

IMG_20240328_135218029.jpg

Those are dust covers, which helps to prevent dust from getting into the case. You should install them in the empty slots. You should not install them in the slots where your GPU is, otherwise it'll conflict with the GPU's mounting bracket.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

4 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Those are dust covers, which helps to prevent dust from getting into the case. You should install them in the empty slots. You should not install them in the slots where your GPU is, otherwise it'll conflict with the GPU's mounting bracket.

Honestly I go heavy on positive pressure and leave these open so the GPU heat gets out the case quicker (In theory)

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

31 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Honestly I go heavy on positive pressure and leave these open so the GPU heat gets out the case quicker (In theory)

I don't think its possible in a normal case to maintain enough positive pressure to keep a GPU fan from intaking from PCIe slots right next to it. With relatively ventilated ones its less likely, solid ones obviously wouldn't. 

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

3 minutes ago, Agall said:

I don't think its possible in a normal case to maintain enough positive pressure to keep a GPU fan from intaking from PCIe slots right next to it. With relatively ventilated ones its less likely, solid ones obviously wouldn't. 

Uhh.... I have 9 intakes and only a 360rad exhaust 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

47 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Gotcha thank you so much for replying 

24 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Uhh.... I have 9 intakes and only a 360rad exhaust 

Good for you, this is why I said "a normal case", but even then, its possible to still get some circulation with how most GPU coolers are setup, something like this:

image.png.501fa1a49a97df9a5dba263a02d28283.png

That first fan on triple fan GPUs is fighting two fans before it for airflow. Not guaranteed or impossible, but in OP's scenario, that'll likely happen if the covers aren't installed. Not that its a bad thing whatsoever, dust is only a problem in extreme cases. In a normal scenario, its just not aesthetically pleasing, like someone living in an apartment with well maintained HVAC and no pets. Even then, it would require relatively heavy filtering to cause a stoppage of airflow, something I spent years not doing because I was building top spec'd mITX rigs.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Always put those brackets in the blank slots to stop pests like rodents and large bugs from getting in.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

55 minutes ago, LloydLynx said:

Always put those brackets in the blank slots to stop pests like rodents and large bugs from getting in.

If you have that many pests and rodents in your house, you may have other worries.

Are any of these brackets not ventilated anyways these days? Leave them out, install them, doesn't really matter. (For the record, I'm on the side, leaving them out will likely help with cooling)

I would personally put the other screws in the GPU though, personally I see a better argument (lets call it a debate) there. I'm of the opinion, of the rest of the screws would help support the card better.

Also is this thing on the floor, or is that PSU upside down? There are reasons to install them that way, it's just not as common these days.

It's recommended to do so... I missed one and a bug crawled into my system through it... Still don't totally understand how it got to where it did

System Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 8-Core Processor

Memory: 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4

SSD: WD_BLACK SN770 1TB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 12G oc

Motherboard: Asus Prime B-450 A2

Case: MuseTex k2 Mid Tower

Monitor 1: Samsung SyncMaster S27D360

Monitor 2: Samsung Syncmaster S27B350

Keyboard: Razer Onata

Mouse: Razer Viper