I was just wondering...(ZOTAC)

MewMew

I was just wondering if anyone has had to replace a Zotac card's thermal paste due to terrible temps. It's been 3 years and 4 for me, all preforming 20 to even 30c cooler with Artic Silver applied instead. I knew Zotac was a cheap brand but jesus christ do they have planned obsolescence down. I'm thinking about buying a 3060 card from them, mistake or coincidence? 

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。

i mean thermal paste for the most part is going to last 3-5 years. If you actually looked at most of the pastes they generally recommend doing it once per year for optimal results.

Zotac may cut corners and be cheap in some regards, but paste is paste. Its not a graphene pad, its going to degrade over time. I redo all my GPUS every 3 years or so. Using good quality paste will make it last the 3-5 years easily. Or if you want a one and done, the Graphene pad works just fine.

36 minutes ago, MewMew said:

I was just wondering if anyone has had to replace a Zotac card's thermal paste due to terrible temps. It's been 3 years and 4 for me, all preforming 20 to even 30c cooler with Artic Silver applied instead. I knew Zotac was a cheap brand but jesus christ do they have planned obsolescence down. I'm thinking about buying a 3060 card from them, mistake or coincidence? 

My Zotac RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC has been working great for the past year. My previous Dell OEM RTX 2060 profitted hugely from a re-paste after only two years of use

2 hours ago, DreamCat04 said:

My Zotac RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC has been working great for the past year. My previous Dell OEM RTX 2060 profitted hugely from a re-paste after only two years of use

My wifes zotac 1060 has been running since it was new (late 2016) without a repaste. Temps are fine.

Thanks for the feedback.

春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。春の八王子、君はもういない。独り八王子、君はいないから。