Help with picking AIO

Paul17
Just now, freeagent said:

That is PBO new guy.

Yeah but like... PBO does the reverse of this normally. This is not normal setup, it just seems like you jacked up the voltages hoping for the best. Very meh if not bad given the vcore you're pumping.

11 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Yeah but like... PBO does the reverse of this normally. This is not normal setup, it just seems like you jacked up the voltages hoping for the best. Very meh if not bad given the vcore you're pumping.

No it does not. This is how PBO works, in conjuntion with the curve. If you arent hitting at least 5.1GHz, you are doing it wrong. The vcore is what the CPU would get at stock anyways.

You need the high power for high single core boosts, and elevated all core boosts.

This is an old submission:

freeagent`s SuperPi - 32M score: 5min 38sec 244ms with a Ryzen 9 5900X (hwbot.org)

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

Any thoughts on Arctic P12 Max fans for replacement fans - IF I decided to upgrade the fans?   They're not RGB - so, I'm not sure how that would fit in with most of these AIO coolers having argb fans.   Is there any argb fans out there that has good cooling AND high static pressure?   I could use the stock fans just to see if they're sufficient to start with?   It just seems that many Thermalright AIO owners complain (even if a bit) about the fan noise - the ones that think it's quiet enough probably aren't noise sensitive and/or use earphones or whatever - probably?   I don't use headphones/earphones and I AM sensitive to noise - my PC isn't right next to me though - as I use  a 50" Tv for the display so the PC is beside the TV.   However, if there's a 'quiet alternative,' I'd look at that first.

Anyway, if it matters, the case is a Phanteks P500A - so, most AIOs should fit fine... 

1 hour ago, Paul17 said:

Any thoughts on Arctic P12 Max fans for replacement fans - IF I decided to upgrade the fans?   They're not RGB - so, I'm not sure how that would fit in with most of these AIO coolers having argb fans.   Is there any argb fans out there that has good cooling AND high static pressure?   I could use the stock fans just to see if they're sufficient to start with?   It just seems that many Thermalright AIO owners complain (even if a bit) about the fan noise - the ones that think it's quiet enough probably aren't noise sensitive and/or use earphones or whatever - probably?   I don't use headphones/earphones and I AM sensitive to noise - my PC isn't right next to me though - as I use  a 50" Tv for the display so the PC is beside the TV.   However, if there's a 'quiet alternative,' I'd look at that first.

Anyway, if it matters, the case is a Phanteks P500A - so, most AIOs should fit fine... 

The Max is at the low end of the high performance fans.  The better the performance, the higher the noise. 

Maybe you should look at the be quiet! Dark Rock 4 high speed. Not the Pro, which is generally costly and really a niche product. 

If you want to add in noise dampening features, then there are much better fans.

The ARGB is not important - I was joking.  However, the Lian Li Uni Fan series and similar have nice ARGB and good performance, but not as good as the Max. In my opinion, they are barely enough for a radiator. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

1 hour ago, Paul17 said:

Is there any argb fans out there that has good cooling AND high static pressure?

Phanteks D30 looks ok, I have some T30s and they are pretty good.

2 hours ago, freeagent said:

Pretty expensive, though?   They're $114 here for a 3 pack - either white or black - so, I guess there's that - choice of color to blend in with what AIO you pick? 🙂  But, jeez, pricey.  😕    I read some user reviews and found interesting, almost everyone was saying how they're way better than Lian Li's Infinity fans.

2 hours ago, RevGAM said:

The Max is at the low end of the high performance fans.  The better the performance, the higher the noise. 

Maybe you should look at the be quiet! Dark Rock 4 high speed. Not the Pro, which is generally costly and really a niche product. 

If you want to add in noise dampening features, then there are much better fans.

The ARGB is not important - I was joking.  However, the Lian Li Uni Fan series and similar have nice ARGB and good performance, but not as good as the Max. In my opinion, they are barely enough for a radiator. 

Do you mean the Silent Wings 3 or 4 HS?   The Dark Rock 4 is an air cooler so I was a bit confused at first.  🙂     I am assuming you mean the Silent Wings series?    The Silent Wings 4, for e.g., here - is $25/fan.   Not bad but not great - but, at least, not as expensive as others - however, no argb.   I can put a non-argb fan with one of the Thermalright AIOs - it'll just look odd?   Or just like someone didn't connect the argb? 🙂   

The Thermalright fans seem to have specs/data of 40db?   Is that right?  That seems loud?!?  😮    The Silent Wings 4, in comparison are around 32, I think?

This guy compared a bunch of fans including the Silent Wings Pro 4 - maybe the Silent Wings 4 aren't too far behind in performance?

https://basic-tutorials.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/the-great-radiator-fan-test-120-mm/

Edit:   I believe the Dark Rock Pro (4?) uses Silent Wings 3 fans or something like that?   

Edit #2:   When I talk about the BQ Silent Wings - I'm talking about the High Speeds (HS) - as I just realized I didn't mention it - and you recommended that version.   

I saw some indications that they aren't good quality like the T30... that's why I didn't mention them, plus I don't have any to test. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

5 minutes ago, Paul17 said:

Pretty expensive, though?   They're $114 here for a 3 pack - either white or black - so, I guess there's that - choice of color to blend in with what AIO you pick? 🙂  But, jeez, pricey.  😕    I read some user reviews and found interesting, almost everyone was saying how they're way better than Lian Li's Infinity fans.

Do you mean the Silent Wings 3 or 4?   The Dark Rock 4 is an air cooler so I was a bit confused at first.  🙂     I am assuming you mean the Silent Wings series?    The Silent Wings 4, for e.g., here - is $25/fan.   Not bad but not great - but, at least, not as expensive as others - however, no argb.   I can put a non-argb fan with one of the Thermalright AIOs - it'll just look odd?   Or just like someone didn't connect the argb? 🙂   

The Thermalright fans seem to have specs/data of 40db?   Is that right?  That seems loud?!?  😮    The Silent Wings 4, in comparison are around 32, I think?

This guy compared a bunch of fans including the Silent Wings Pro 4 - maybe the Silent Wings 4 aren't too far behind in performance?

https://basic-tutorials.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/the-great-radiator-fan-test-120-mm/

Yeah, sorry, I got it mixed up in my head. I'm not well today. Must be a full moon. 😉  🐺 

I wish they had included some other fans in that comparison but, still, it is a decent line-up.

Yes, that is why I referenced the high speed version. The SW4 HS are nearly as good as the SWP4.

ARGB is just for looks. It won't look bad. It will just look like it should. 😉 

Relax. It'll be fine.  What fans sound like in an sound box or open air is almost inevitably different from in a case. 20240413_163055.thumb.jpg.ffaf8dee9b88d8ec48c5f5057f954d11.jpg

Don't mind the cables. I was running tests and there is no need to waste electricity on LEDs.20240413_115029.thumb.jpg.17258f2ed266aa00ce8c858c0ed83544.jpg20240413_115100.thumb.jpg.8daf6fcd725fdcf318b9e7937b723f75.jpg20240413_135256.thumb.jpg.60c101053ef10795bb1209b82979aa9c.jpg

and a special guest appearance from Larry the Lounge Lizard. He used to be famous, but now he's just chilling. Autographed photos available for ... what?! That's too much Larry!! Huh? Oh,  yes I'm your agent,...and you are the boss. Sigh. 

This is so embarrassing. He wants $1,000 or a lifetime supply of insects. 20240410_154246.thumb.jpg.f92ca2cef849bc862659a7fef43ba2e5.jpg

For those who are too young, that name is the title of an old video game. 🤣

6 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Yeah, sorry, I got it mixed up in my head. I'm not well today. Must be a full moon. 😉  🐺 

I wish they had included some other fans in that comparison but, still, it is a decent line-up.

Yes, that is why I referenced the high speed version. The SW4 HS are nearly as good as the SWP4.

ARGB is just for looks. It won't look bad. It will just look like it should. 😉 

Relax. It'll be fine.  What fans sound like in an sound box or open air is almost inevitably different from in a case. 20240413_163055.thumb.jpg.ffaf8dee9b88d8ec48c5f5057f954d11.jpg

Don't mind the cables. I was running tests and there is no need to waste electricity on LEDs.20240413_115029.thumb.jpg.17258f2ed266aa00ce8c858c0ed83544.jpg20240413_115100.thumb.jpg.8daf6fcd725fdcf318b9e7937b723f75.jpg20240413_135256.thumb.jpg.60c101053ef10795bb1209b82979aa9c.jpg

and a special guest appearance from Larry the Lounge Lizard. He used to be famous, but now he's just chilling. Autographed photos available for ... what?! That's too much Larry!! Huh? Oh,  yes I'm your agent,...and you are the boss. Sigh. 

This is so embarrassing. He wants $1,000 or a lifetime supply of insects. 20240410_154246.thumb.jpg.f92ca2cef849bc862659a7fef43ba2e5.jpg

For those who are too young, that name is the title of an old video game. 🤣

Haha, cool.   Well, I would have to come into some money - cuz I need the grand for my gpu upgrade - sorry, Larry. 🙂   But, I would send dried up insects if you don't mind skeeters - cuz, there will probably be a lot here, this summer.  😉    I suppose he prefers crickets, though?  

Ah, the Corsair 5000X or?   I was looking at a WHITE 5000D Airflow a number of times - sometimes, I wish I picked one - the black 500A I have is fine but I really want a WHITE case and it's difficult for me to 'switch' to a new case since that's $$ for my gpu and AIO fund, hehe.

So, you got the Notte and didn't connect the LEDs/ARGB part of the fans?  It looks like you're using the stock fans?

Yeah, it looks fine - not too noisy?   I guess I could use the stock fans if I get the Frozen Scenic Magic or whatever it's called....lol...they're supposed to be good fans  but I thought they were 40db fans - I'd probably need a fan curve?   The BQ SW 4 HS would probably make one of the TR AIOs quieter still - and it might be worth it, I dunno - anything to make it quieter would be preferable - if that's what it took....so, either do it with the AIO purchase or after (which might require dissembly of the AIO?).   

Anyway, nice looking set up and I hope that Larry is in an aquarium and not a PC case....haha...j/k.   

39 minutes ago, Paul17 said:

Haha, cool.   Well, I would have to come into some money - cuz I need the grand for my gpu upgrade - sorry, Larry. 🙂   But, I would send dried up insects if you don't mind skeeters - cuz, there will probably be a lot here, this summer.  😉    I suppose he prefers crickets, though?

Larry is insulted by the offer of skeeters, I'm afraid. He has raised the price to superworms and crickets for life, or $10,000. 😉

Yes, the 5000X. I'm not terribly impressed with it - an old friend who's been in IT forever recommended it. I should've known that a corporate IT guy wasn't the best person to ask, plus he'd been slipping intellectually. Get a mesh case - much easier to cool.

I connected the lights for a while, but then I disconnected them because they serve not USEFUL function. They're just eye candy, and I look at my monitor, not my PC. I'm practical, not flamboyant. Yes, those are the stock fans.

It's on the floor to my left, two feet away from me diagonally, so the noise doesn't bother me. I don't press it into high duty except when I do testing (and certain games, but I rarely have time anymore), and noise isn't a problem for me. Even the harmonic resonance doesn't get to me. Get those BQ SW4 HS. Better performance but, honestly, ANY fans that are comparable to the stock fans are enough because the design is so good that stronger fans only got me 1 degree lower temps, and I was using the Super Flower Megacools, which are amongst the best.

On 4/17/2024 at 3:53 AM, freeagent said:

No it does not. This is how PBO works, in conjuntion with the curve. If you arent hitting at least 5.1GHz, you are doing it wrong. The vcore is what the CPU would get at stock anyways.

You need the high power for high single core boosts, and elevated all core boosts.

This is an old submission:

freeagent`s SuperPi - 32M score: 5min 38sec 244ms with a Ryzen 9 5900X (hwbot.org)

I'm sorry that I knocked a SuperPi wall in here, I'd like to use my time loop feature just so I can go back to 2008 and make my Super Pi a thing again.

If I'm not hitting at least 5.1 Ghz, I'm doing it "wrong" ? Who are you to tell me what I'm doing right or wrong with my setup? It's currently chilling somewhere around 1v to all core 4 Ghz because I don't need any more performance even in the heaviest games I stopped playing months ago. You pumping 1.51v will just not give you significant performance, that's it. If you honestly think super low voltage 4.75 all core is much worse than that spasmatic overclock, I don't know what else to say here.

Maybe you should try going back to TPU where you moderate every news post cringing about AI.

Felt like coming up with these since you called me "new guy" as well. What's up with the early attitude? Slow down your cowboy ante.

4 hours ago, Motifator said:

I'm sorry that I knocked a SuperPi wall in here, I'd like to use my time loop feature just so I can go back to 2008 and make my Super Pi a thing again.

If I'm not hitting at least 5.1 Ghz, I'm doing it "wrong" ? Who are you to tell me what I'm doing right or wrong with my setup? It's currently chilling somewhere around 1v to all core 4 Ghz because I don't need any more performance even in the heaviest games I stopped playing months ago. You pumping 1.51v will just not give you significant performance, that's it. If you honestly think super low voltage 4.75 all core is much worse than that spasmatic overclock, I don't know what else to say here.

Maybe you should try going back to TPU where you moderate every news post cringing about AI.

Felt like coming up with these since you called me "new guy" as well. What's up with the early attitude? Slow down your cowboy ante.

FYI, you "knocked a ...wall in here" first, and you did and are doing what you accused him of: "Who are you to tell me what I'm doing right or wrong with my setup?...Slow down your cowboy ante. "

So....What did you expect from your repeated attacks on data he honestly shared with you? I mean, seriously here, you are the one who started the cowboy antics, not him. If you're going to step on people's toes like you did, you're going to get hostility. I mean, when I started posting here, I accidentally (!) stepped on toes with no ill intention, either, and people were all over me. Then again, the same thing will happen on other forums based on my observations on places like TPU, BC and TH.

7 hours ago, Motifator said:

It never went away, it was an example.

Who are you to tell me what I'm doing right or wrong with my setup?

Your low voltage 4.7GHz oc is not stable. You run like that because you couldn’t figure out how PBO works.

You pumping 1.51v will just not give you significant performance, that's it.

I am not touching the voltage, as I said earlier it would be getting that at stock. Just goes to show you really know what you are talking about.

Sorry, that isn’t my section. Cringing? Holy fuck kid grow up.

Felt like coming up with these since you called me "new guy" as well. What's up with the early attitude? Slow down your cowboy ante

You came at me with attitude telling me how I show OC my 5900X lol. I am a cowboy and you know it. Talk like that just makes you part of the herd.

It never went away, it was an example.

Your low voltage 4.7GHz oc is not stable. You run like that because you couldn’t figure out how PBO works.

I am not touching the voltage, as I said earlier it would be getting that at stock. Just goes to show you really know what you are talking about.

Sorry, that isn’t my section. Cringing? Holy fuck kid grow up.

You came at me with attitude telling me how I show OC my 5900X lol. I am a cowboy and you know it. Talk like that just makes you part of the herd.

Yeah the platform is dying and AMD is doing everything they can to keep it alive, the info is out there. My low voltage 4.7 all core might not have been all that stable, but I can guarantee you it was legit reliable on the chip itself. Has been a while anyway. I don't like pumping a lot of voltage to the vcore...

And yeah, you make it sound like you know everything while running a shroddy 4x8 RAM setup (I suspect your cowboy self doesn't realize AM4 boards are typically traced to run the best with the RAM on the 2nd and the 4th), and then achieving high OCs using heavy voltage (let it be PBO OC), then swinging around your skills as if you really know all the stuff.

Go home.

22 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I saw some indications that they aren't good quality like the T30... that's why I didn't mention them, plus I don't have any to test. 

The T30 is $100 here for a 3 pack.   Why don't you think the Artic P12 Max aren't any good?   They're also cheap - and you can get them in white OR black.  🙂    

https://hwbusters.com/cooling/arctic-p12-max-fan-review/10/

$45 plus tax if I order 3.   I am kinda tempted - if the Thermalright fans are too loud - so an AIO for $66 plus tax and those fans will still keep the entire set up to under $120?   Not too bad.   The Thermaltake fans are supposedly the best for performance/noise, though?

14 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Larry is insulted by the offer of skeeters, I'm afraid. He has raised the price to superworms and crickets for life, or $10,000. 😉

Yes, the 5000X. I'm not terribly impressed with it - an old friend who's been in IT forever recommended it. I should've known that a corporate IT guy wasn't the best person to ask, plus he'd been slipping intellectually. Get a mesh case - much easier to cool.

I connected the lights for a while, but then I disconnected them because they serve not USEFUL function. They're just eye candy, and I look at my monitor, not my PC. I'm practical, not flamboyant. Yes, those are the stock fans.

It's on the floor to my left, two feet away from me diagonally, so the noise doesn't bother me. I don't press it into high duty except when I do testing (and certain games, but I rarely have time anymore), and noise isn't a problem for me. Even the harmonic resonance doesn't get to me. Get those BQ SW4 HS. Better performance but, honestly, ANY fans that are comparable to the stock fans are enough because the design is so good that stronger fans only got me 1 degree lower temps, and I was using the Super Flower Megacools, which are amongst the best.

That's why I said 5000D airflow.... 🙂   Or you can get those new cases that are similar but have the fan vents at the side - although near the front - they are pretty expensive though - e.g. Lian Li 011 series.   Anyway, my case 'switch' is on hold while I look at AIOs, used gpus and fans.   😕

Larry sure is fussy.... how do you put up with such a fussy, entitled Lizard?  😉     Eating skeeters helps everyone and I thought that was a lizard delicacy.  Shows what I know about reptiles, I guess.   Well, sounds like a too-expensive-diet for me to cover for but if I find any cheap insect shipping companies, I will think about shipping crickets - but, I wouldn't bet on it.   

The Super Flower fans look like good rad fans and good performers but I fear, probably too noisy for me - they're about $75/3 - so a so-so deal for a pack.   I guess I'll just see how loud the Thermalright fans are - hopefully, acceptable - but, it's good to know what options there are and that I am able to find/buy alternatives.   🙂

Oh yeah, the BQ SW4 HS fans are $24/fan.  

1 hour ago, Motifator said:

while running a shroddy 4x8 RAM setup

Give it up new guy.

1 hour ago, Paul17 said:

The T30 is $100 here for a 3 pack.   Why don't you think the Artic P12 Max aren't any good?   They're also cheap - and you can get them in white OR black.  🙂    

https://hwbusters.com/cooling/arctic-p12-max-fan-review/10/

$45 plus tax if I order 3.   I am kinda tempted - if the Thermalright fans are too loud - so an AIO for $66 plus tax and those fans will still keep the entire set up to under $120?   Not too bad.   The Thermaltake fans are supposedly the best for performance/noise, though?

1 hour ago, Paul17 said:

The Super Flower fans look like good rad fans and good performers but I fear, probably too noisy for me - they're about $75/3 - so a so-so deal for a pack.   I guess I'll just see how loud the Thermalright fans are - hopefully, acceptable - but, it's good to know what options there are and that I am able to find/buy alternatives.   🙂

Take a look at Hardware Busters,  HW Cooling.Net, and KitGuruTech for more options.  They all have active websites. 

1 hour ago, Paul17 said:

Larry sure is fussy.... how do you put up with such a fussy, entitled Lizard?  😉 

I don't have any choice. He owns my soul. 😉

1 hour ago, Paul17 said:

Eating skeeters helps everyone and I thought that was a lizard delicacy.  Shows what I know about reptiles, I guess.   Well, sounds like a too-expensive-diet for me to cover for but if I find any cheap insect shipping companies, I will think about shipping crickets - but, I wouldn't bet on it

He's too big for skeeters. Smaller geckos like them, though.  I don't blame you, but please don't tell Larry!

35 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Give it up new guy.

Well typically I would, and I actually will given how you keep swinging your Johnny Hallyday steel cowboy belt around in here with these sassy statements.

What I'm even more amazed is that, you actually managed to pull couple fellas over to your side with that highway patrol rules in here with using such an overly great attitude! Le bon temps du Techpowerup attitude! Bonsour!

Quelque chose du Techpowerup moderation? Oh yeah, you're using this forum's chill factor as a way to get off your "new guy" tone. Honestly, a simple "go away nerd" would be a more basic reply in here. I'm thinking to unsub from this thread already as it's been nothing but nuance.

2 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Well typically I would, and I actually will given how you keep swinging your Johnny Hallyday steel cowboy belt around in here with these sassy statements.

What I'm even more amazed is that, you actually managed to pull couple fellas over to your side with that highway patrol rules in here with using such an overly great attitude! Le bon temps du Techpowerup attitude! Bonsour!

Quelque chose du Techpowerup moderation? Oh yeah, you're using this forum's chill factor as a way to get off your "new guy" tone. Honestly, a simple "go away nerd" would be a more basic reply in here. I'm thinking to unsub from this thread already as it's been nothing but nuance.

Are you French?

11 minutes ago, Motifator said:

you're using this forum's chill factor as a way to get off your "new guy" tone.

Dude. You came at me telling me my OC was wrong and I don’t know what I am doing. Now you are mad because I didn’t see through your shit and called you out. If you are going to treat me the way you have from the get go, I will be more than happy to repay the favor.

23 hours ago, Paul17 said:

That's why I said 5000D airflow.... 🙂   Or you can get those new cases that are similar but have the fan vents at the side - although near the front - they are pretty expensive though - e.g. Lian Li 011 series.   Anyway, my case 'switch' is on hold while I look at AIOs, used gpus and fans.   😕

Larry sure is fussy.... how do you put up with such a fussy, entitled Lizard?  😉     Eating skeeters helps everyone and I thought that was a lizard delicacy.  Shows what I know about reptiles, I guess.   Well, sounds like a too-expensive-diet for me to cover for but if I find any cheap insect shipping companies, I will think about shipping crickets - but, I wouldn't bet on it.   

Hey, I made a little video for you to hear the Notte. I was running Prime 95 with small FFTs torture test with both the top and front glass panels off, no front dust filter, and the AIO was mounted on the top with fans intaking, sandwiched between the case and radiator.

Then, I added the front dust filter. Finally, I added the glass panels. You should notice a definite drop in sound. I hope that helps.

Moderator: If this somehow violates the rules, even given that I made this video JUST BECAUSE OF THE OP's concern about noise, please let me know and I will edit it out and send the link privately.

8 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Hey, I made a little video for you to hear the Notte. I was running Prime 95 with small FFTs torture test with both the top and front glass panels off, no front dust filter, and the AIO was mounted on the top with fans intaking, sandwiched between the case and radiator.

Then, I added the front dust filter. Finally, I added the glass panels. You should notice a definite drop in sound. I hope that helps.

Moderator: If this somehow violates the rules, even given that I made this video JUST BECAUSE OF THE OP's concern about noise, please let me know and I will edit it out and send the link privately.

Thanks, man!!    Much appreciated for the video - that's QUIET!    I don't have the best hearing but that seemed pretty good to me.   Good to know that it's pretty good with stock fans, right?   🙂   

I might not have to swap fans - but, even if I did - I could probably just see how it goes for a while.   The question remains though - whether to get the Notte or Scenic Magic - I think it's definitely between those 2.   

38 minutes ago, Paul17 said:

Thanks, man!!    Much appreciated for the video - that's QUIET!    I don't have the best hearing but that seemed pretty good to me.   Good to know that it's pretty good with stock fans, right?   🙂   

I might not have to swap fans - but, even if I did - I could probably just see how it goes for a while.   The question remains though - whether to get the Notte or Scenic Magic - I think it's definitely between those 2.   

YW! Well, remember that what a phone records isn't the same as what you'll hear. I would've used my microphone and PC cam but I was running AIO tests at the time. If you're sensitive, you'll have to wait until you have one in your hands, or wait until you can find enough reviews (or wait for mine once I have time).

Literally, you'll have no need of putting stronger fans on the Notte or Magic - it won't be worth the cost for the extra 1-2 degrees you'll get.  Still, you might want to anyways if the noise irritates you, but that will depend a great deal on your PC setup.

I only upgraded from TL-C12C-S to a mix of TL-B12, TL-C12-Pro, and TL-K12 . from 3 fans to 5 fans in total. So we are likely looking at the same tyoe of performance. Ecxept mine is better 😄

Edit:

Those fans I had from a bunch of their heatsinks lol..