Could someone please take a look at my HWiNFO64 Logs - got a RTX 2070 from a friend but get Massive FPS drops

***Massive wall of text incoming but I beg you guys, hear me out and help a guy out, I'm going insane here.***

So.. A few days ago a friend of mine was upgrading from his 2070 and asked if I wanted his old 2070, and since I still had the good 'ol GTX 970 I jumped at his offer.

Basically straight away I noticed massive FPS drops in pretty much every game I tested, everything from games like Escape from Tarkov, Apex Legends, Fortnite.. hell, even EA Sports PGA Tour to games like Tibia, a game that you could run on a PC from '96.

I've spent the last 4-6 days Googling my ass off, been trying maybe 50 "fixes" by now but nothing has worked.. From all the searching I've done I've noticed that it seems to be a pretty common problem with certain GPU's that they get massive FPS drops for whatever reason.

First I found a guy that at first sounded like he had the exact same problem as me, he went from a 970 to a 2070 and his theory was that the FPS drops was caused by the fact that he now had a main monitor with displayport at 144hz and his second monitor now had a hdmi with 60hz since he no longer could use his DVI cable since the "new" gpu only had display/hdmi ports and his second monitor was only able to run 144hz with DVI just like mine.. I tested everything people said in that thread but nothing helped, I even disconnected my second monitor just to see if that would fix my FPS drops, but no.

Found some other guy on reddit that said he downloaded "nvidiaProfileInspector" and switched a setting from "single display performance mode" to "Multi display performance mode" which did nothing for me.

And yes, I've updated BIOs, Nvidia drivers, disabled Nvidia Sound Drivers, turned off all weird Windows settings you can think of all from game bar, game mode, power settings and you name it, shut down iCUE, Afterburner, Xbox Apps... I even re-installed windows 10 but nothing seems to work.

I've changed PCIe slots and cable aswell, I'ill drop my PC speccs down below.

- ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
- MSI GeForce RTX 2070 Armor 8GB
- Intel Core i7 9700K 3.6 GHz 12MB
- Noctua NH-D15
- Corsair HX850 850W
- Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz CL15 Vengeance
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
- Random Old HDD 2TB
- Windows 10 Home

- Asus 27" LED G-Sync ROG SWIFT PG278Q
- BenQ XL2411T 24" / 1ms / HDMI, DVI / 144Hz

I even posted this on a Swedish "tech forum" and only one guy answered there asking me if I was using Gsynk and told me to turn it off and see if that helps.. and it kinda did, somewhat, I'ill post a Video here how it looks in Afterburner while I got Gsynk on. (as soon as I turn it off it stops 'jumping' like that) but even if turning off Gsynk helped some, I still get those weird FPS drops way too often so I'm sure something is still off..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCoUEwrHYBM

I even did a 'Overclocking Scan' in MSI Afterburner and this is the result I got, that said I know NOTHING about clocking and you should talk to me like I'm 5 years old with stuff like this, never had a problem even close to this shit and I've been PC gaming since '99.

22:20:45 Connected to MSI Afterburner control interface v2.3
22:20:47 GPU1 : VEN_10DE&DEV_1F02&SUBSYS_37341462&REV_A1&BUS_2&DEV_0&FN_0
22:20:47 Start scanning, please wait a few minutes
22:47:02 Scan succeeded, average core overclock is 89MHz, memory overclock is 200MHz
22:47:02 Dominant limiter
22:47:02 Voltage
22:47:02 Results are considered unstable
22:47:03 Overclocked curve exported to MSI Afterburner

Found out about HWiNFO64 from a dude on Reddit and I did one log with G-synk activated and one log without G-synk activated while playing a round of Fortnite, I'd love if someone could take a look at them and maybe see whats up, maybe its not even my GPU that is broken? 

This is basically chineese for me so if you're still with me by now after that wall of text, I salute you and I hope you got some tips for me, thanks. Really. ❤️

HWinfoLogwithoutGsynk.CSV HWinfoLogwithGsynk.CSV

I've looked at your power and thermals and they all seem in spec. There are some weird spikes in GPU clock, but I'm not experienced enough to know if that could be the cause. 
It's possible the card is dying.
Did your friend experience these issues? Do they persist when you swap back to the 970?

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

18 hours ago, OddOod said:

I've looked at your power and thermals and they all seem in spec. There are some weird spikes in GPU clock, but I'm not experienced enough to know if that could be the cause. 
It's possible the card is dying.
Did your friend experience these issues? Do they persist when you swap back to the 970?

He claims he didnt experience those issues, but then again he played Escape From Tarkov which is extremely slow-pace and most likely harder to notice FPS drops in a game like that compared to games like Battle Royale games that are pretty fast pace. And yeah, I still get lags on 970, but I've basically always had lags using that GPU since I play in 1440p and its not the best card.. but I've never had insane FPS drops in games like Tibia that doesnt require some high-end PC, and I got it several times using the 2070. from 150~ down to 20~ for a couple seconds while standing still doing nothing in-game, that should never happen.

I did a new 'recording' in HWiNFO using my 970, could you please take a look at that one aswell? starting to think its not the GPUs... but then again I know nothing about these things, also noticed that my CPU is always pretty much on "max" when I keep track of it in Armory Crate, no idea if that is normal or not, even when not having a game on.

Even if its a longshot, could it somehow be the PSU? or is that just me having happy thoughts since it has a 10 year warranty? :'D

EDIT: Also noticed that since I re-installed windows I get lower base FPS in Tibia, used to be at around 160-170 when G-synk was on, now its pretty much always around 140 like if it was locked at that, could I have missed some random windows setting or something?

EDIT2: Hmm okay, now I got massive FPS lag in Tibia, went down to 20~ for like 7 seconds and the PC sounded like it was in heavy load out of nowhere, dafuq is happening with my PC.. (970 card)

970gsynkOn.CSV

It's extremely unlikely to be PSU, your voltages look solid. Well within ATX spec

Okay, now I have actual Excel I can see something. On the 2070 you get these spikes in GPU clock right before frame drops. I think that means it's an unstable overclock. Can you try disabling all overclock?
You might have to capFPS if that's possible. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

1 hour ago, OddOod said:

It's extremely unlikely to be PSU, your voltages look solid. Well within ATX spec

Okay, now I have actual Excel I can see something. On the 2070 you get these spikes in GPU clock right before frame drops. I think that means it's an unstable overclock. Can you try disabling all overclock?

I've "reset" the card using Afterburner several times now the past week, but now I put core clock to -22 just to check shit out, I'ill play a game fortnite now with the logs active and update here after.

21 minutes ago, Haeggenn said:

I've "reset" the card using Afterburner several times now the past week, but now I put core clock to -22 just to check shit out, I'ill play a game fortnite now with the logs active and update here after.

Het brother can't open the files rn but curious to know your temps?

1 hour ago, teruhu said:

Het brother can't open the files rn but curious to know your temps?

CPU Stays at 40~ and GPU at around 60 while playing Fortnite in 1440p

3 hours ago, OddOod said:

So, I did one with Core Clock +0, one with -250 & one with -502(lowest I could go) in Afterburner, game runs even worse today but they did have an update so could be that, but damn, this is getting frustrating AF. I did some "Windows Memory Check" earlier to check the RAMs but it didnt find anything either. Even tried having two PCIe cables ran to the GPU cuz a dude on Reddit said it could be the problem cuz he thought the GPU ran "low" on power but I didnt notice any change so went back to just one "split" cable again.

I should add that I've had some random problems with BIOs in the past, problem booting PC and stuff like that but that was over a year ago and always worked to take out the motherboard battery for 30mins and then it would boot up no problem, maybe its something off in BIOs even if I've updated it to the latest version using Armoury Crate?

New2070CoreClock+0WithoutGsynk.CSV New2070CoreClock-250WithoutGsynk.CSV New2070CoreClock-502(max)WithoutGsynk.CSV

17 hours ago, Haeggenn said:

Armoury Crate

AC is known to be utter crap, but my guess is it's a dying card. 
I'd recommend trying a framecap

1 hour ago, OddOod said:

AC is known to be utter crap, but my guess is it's a dying card. 
I'd recommend trying a framecap

I'ill try that! Out of curiousity, are there any other softwares like AC that is not crap? or is it better to just download a update on a USB or some shit to update BIOs?

Thanks.

21 hours ago, Haeggenn said:

I'll try that! Out of curiosity, are there any other softwares like AC that is not crap? or is it better to just download a update on a USB or some shit to update BIOs?

Thanks.

Honestly, BIOS updates are pretty rare and they aren't that hard to do with a USB, though IIRC Asus (though it might be AsRock) have a thing in the BIOS where you can just click a button and it will download the update from the internet and install it for you.
As for everything else that AC does, I assume at most you're doing overclock, fan control, RGB, and maybe temp monitoring. OC should largely be left alone (unless you're a tinkerer just set XMP in BIOS, let the chip OC itself, they're pretty good at that these days and stable OCs net you *maybe* 5% performance). Fan control is way easier with the open source program called Fan Control. Similarly, RGB control is way better and easier with OpenRGB (except per-key keyboards, haven't really messed with that), I was even able to turn my RAM LEDs into a thermometer that fills up as CPU and GPU temps go up. HWMonitor or HWInfo are fantastic ways to read speeds and temps, though I really only use HWInfo so I can get those readouts on my StreamDeck