Manifest v3 arrives soon, time to ditch Chrome and install Firefox

43 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Firefox is in stone age compared to Vivaldi feature wise. And I love and use almost all of the Vivaldi features.

I use hardened Firefox only for private browsing, until it gets feature parity with Vivaldi it will never be my main browser. So it's not useless to have multiple browser, it's just a different tool for different needs.

... just one question,  can i use this without having a vivaldi email client or adress?

On chrome on my desktop i just use my protonmail to login,  and i do not have a "gmail address", and i wouldn't want to be forced to having a "vivaldi" or similar email adress or client either.  protonmail only or no deal.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

i mean, there's nothing wrong with that, its just i personally really dislike having to jump between ui's, features and settings just to do basically the same task (i have chrome and Firefox on my phone for example but i hate using both due to how clunky and non functional both are, chrome ui is a nightmare, Firefox can't do most essential extensions. i almost exclusive use Samsung browser therefore,  yes, its chromium too, but it does what i want it to, sometimes Firefox,  eh, its "ok" i guess, and almost never chrome, way too clunky and funny enough the slowest of all three...)

so yeah, might work for you, but certainly not for everyone.  

that's why user choice and multple options matter, because not everyone is the same person.

22 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

... just one question,  can i use this without having a vivaldi email client or adress?

Yes, it's optional

1 hour ago, HanZie82 said:

You must have never made webpages

oh i did and i have no idea what you talking about! 🙃

i just used some software but man is making a website clunky as hell... it didn't serve a purpose or anything,  i just wanted to try it out ... it had "downloads" (yep) a cookie warning (that was tough)  and i failed implementing a chat board kinda thing, but i think it would have been all possible with that one program... (forgot, but it was not wordpress)

actually,  i even made a second website with wordpress, and while that was as simple as writing a few lines, it also almost had no functionality and looked like straight outta the 90s.😅

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

On 3/24/2024 at 9:07 PM, Mark Kaine said:

oh i did and i have no idea what you talking about! 🙃

i just used some software but man is making a website clunky as hell... it didn't serve a purpose or anything,  i just wanted to try it out ... it had "downloads" (yep) a cookie warning (that was tough)  and i failed implementing a chat board kinda thing, but i think it would have been all possible with that one program... (forgot, but it was not wordpress)

actually,  i even made a second website with wordpress, and while that was as simple as writing a few lines, it also almost had no functionality and looked like straight outta the 90s.😅

Well if you make a webpage for public view you want to make sure all browsers show the same thing.
Else the client will complain.
This also mena buying an iphone and making sure it displays correctly on that too.
Can try emulation on PC but that doesnt respond the same.

But this was 6+years ago. Altho i dont think it has changed much.
But with HTML5 its a little bit more standard and can expect similar behaviour among browsers now. But still not perfect. (Hence the need to test on several browsers).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 hour ago, HanZie82 said:

Well if you make a webpage for public view you want to make sure all browsers show the same thing.
Else the client will complain.
This also mena buying an iphone and making sure it displays correctly on that too.
Can try emulation on PC but that doesnt respond the same.

But this was 6+years ago. Altho i dont think it has changed much.
But with HTML5 its a little bit more standard and can expect similar behaviour among browsers now. But still not perfect. (Hence the need to test on several browsers).

oh that's what you meant, well if it's a professional website that's just part of the job i guess, but yeah the software i used did "scale" this automatically,  you could also emulate/preview how it'd look on different devices. 

i did check with my phone obviously,  it did scale well, most of the time, but not perfectly so (that seems indeed the tricky part, not to have cut off pictures etc on your website) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Why Firefox?

I abandoned that because it became a crappy mess that broke websites more often then not.

Have they somehow fix all the crap that was making their browser a crappy mess?

54 minutes ago, demonix00 said:

Why Firefox?

I abandoned that because it became a crappy mess that broke websites more often then not.

That must have been really long ago, i've been using Firefox for about 4 years now, and it has been a better experience then base Chrome.
But then i have to mention Vivaldi; making Chrome look like something from 2009...

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 hour ago, demonix00 said:

Why Firefox?

Cause it prolly will allow Ublock, at least as a selling point...

But just switched to it and really it don't feel much different than Chrome 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Just now, HanZie82 said:

That must have been really long ago, i've been using Firefox for about 4 years now, and it has been a better experience then base Chrome.
But then i have to mention Vivaldi; making Chrome look like something from 2009...

yeah, probably... i stopped using Firefox around ~2016...because of what a huge dumpster fire it was lol... 

i really gotta look into this vivaldi browser 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, PDifolco said:

Cause it prolly will allow Ublock, at least as a selling point...
But just switched to it and really it don't feel much different than Chrome 

58 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

i really gotta look into this vivaldi browser 

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet