Internet stops when opening games. Sister has exact same issue.

Nelly._.

Its very strange, my internet goes out when I play games and watch videos at the same time. It never used to happen, so I'm a bit confused. Today I played X-COM 2 with my brother and if I did anything like watch YouTube while he was loading in, it would disconnect me and my Discord Wifi icon would turn red. Which is weird because we played X-COM 2 a few days ago and it worked fine, I could watch video and everything. Apparently the same thing is happening to my sister as well, but not my brother. My Brother has my old PC and I got it about 6 years ago, my sister got her's 2 years ago I think, and I build mind in January.

We got a new Internet because our connector thing had rusted outside (Why didn't they just change the rusted thing instead of giving us a new Wifi thing? Because they said it was a smaller, better and newer version. But this was a week ago and I played X-COM 2 fine once since then)

I hope my Motherboard's Internet isn't broken, because I build it in January. (Then again I think my Graphics Card's sockets are already broken because my 2nd monitor keeps flicking on and off and to stop it I have to turn the monitor off and on again.)

Would getting an Ethernet cable help? But my motherboard only has 2.5 Ethernet while the wireless is 6E, so which is better? My Internet is a 5Ghz. First set of pictures are when my internet crashes, Second set is my Wifi specs and motherboard and Third set is just my internet speed.

1ss.png

2ndd.png

3rrd.png

Would getting an Ethernet cable help? But my motherboard only has 2.5 Ethernet while the wireless is 6E, so which is better? My Internet is a 5Ghz. First set of pictures are when my internet crashes, Second set is my Wifi specs and motherboard and Third set is just my internet speed.

I don't know what's going on in the first part of your post, but I can answer this last part.

Ethernet is almost always going to be a better overall experience than WiFi.  It looks like you're using a 5ghz connection so you aren't actually using 6e, 6e is 6ghz

2.5 gigabit is faster than your speedtest by more than 10x, so using ethernet will not create a bottleneck.  Your connection is unlikely to be worse than what you're experiencing now and would be a good troubleshooting step.  

On 3/23/2024 at 11:18 PM, Nelly._. said:

Its very strange, my internet goes out when I play games and watch videos at the same time. It never used to happen, so I'm a bit confused. Today I played X-COM 2 with my brother and if I did anything like watch YouTube while he was loading in, it would disconnect me and my Discord Wifi icon would turn red. Which is weird because we played X-COM 2 a few days ago and it worked fine, I could watch video and everything. Apparently the same thing is happening to my sister as well, but not my brother. My Brother has my old PC and I got it about 6 years ago, my sister got her's 2 years ago I think, and I build mind in January.

We got a new Internet because our connector thing had rusted outside (Why didn't they just change the rusted thing instead of giving us a new Wifi thing? Because they said it was a smaller, better and newer version. But this was a week ago and I played X-COM 2 fine once since then)

I hope my Motherboard's Internet isn't broken, because I build it in January. (Then again I think my Graphics Card's sockets are already broken because my 2nd monitor keeps flicking on and off and to stop it I have to turn the monitor off and on again.)

First of all. did they change the rusted thing? Secondly are you all running on WIFI? Is your brothers PC on WIFI as well? The Monitor cutting off could be something else than broken connector, cable, driver issues etc. What is your system specs.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

On 3/25/2024 at 1:31 PM, DoctorNick said:

First of all. did they change the rusted thing? Secondly are you all running on WIFI? Is your brothers PC on WIFI as well? The Monitor cutting off could be something else than broken connector, cable, driver issues etc. What is your system specs.

Yeah, they changed the rusted thing.

We are all on the same WIFI, including my brother

PC specs - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/builds/edit/?userbuild=GjkXsY

Caught it when it was having a fit today, but now it's happening while just using Chrome (Not all the time but happened twice today)

Pics are after I installed AMD WIFI Drivers (to try to help it) from my motherboard page, and second pic was while my Internet was breaking.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 213630.png

On 3/30/2024 at 10:43 PM, Nelly._. said:

Yeah, they changed the rusted thing.

We are all on the same WIFI, including my brother

PC specs - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/builds/edit/?userbuild=GjkXsY

Caught it when it was having a fit today, but now it's happening while just using Chrome (Not all the time but happened twice today)

Pics are after I installed AMD WIFI Drivers (to try to help it) from my motherboard page, and second pic was while my Internet was breaking.

Hard to say. I would try setting a static channel on the wifi access point. Download a WiFi analyzer app and check for highest rated channel with the lowest number, like for example using this open source android app: https://vremsoftwaredevelopment.github.io/WiFiAnalyzer/

Screenshot_20240401-121111-759.png

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.