Any way to force system mouse in any game application ?..

Hey. Some games for some reason change your mouse making it feels floaty, delayed, slow... (Skyrim the worst offender thus far)

But I've also noticed some games like Minecraft and Factorio they seem to use your default system cursor settings not even changing it's texture from default system cursor.

That made me thinking is there some way or program to force a game use a default system cursor like all other windows and even some games do ?..

dumbed this explanation WAY down becase i cba to do the full tech brief, but it comes down to this:

- some games read your mouse movement directly, and turn that into first person camera movement, or translate that to GUI cursor movement. to mimic more natural motion they could add some "mass" to the camera, making it start and stop moving a bit more slowly.

- some games dont bother with this, just read out what windows is telling them the mouse is doing, and when in first person directly translate that to camera movement.

the only way to make a game do one or the other, is either by in-game setting, or trough a mod.

2 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Hardware cursor support is going to have to be game specific, I'd imagine. 

It seems there is a mod for Skyrim after a quick Google. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32255?tab=description 

Skyrim can go fuck itself, it's objectively shit game, no more concessions for that game. I've spend hours in settings of .ini file and mods too; they rerelesed it like 5 billion times and even if you speed up cursor it's still has some smoothing effect to it even after disabling mouse acceleration that is on by default.

Also I saw that mod too; but it seems like it's only changing texture of a cursor to more plain one. My problem isn't the texture but how game registers movement.

49 minutes ago, manikyath said:

dumbed this explanation WAY down becase i cba to do the full tech brief, but it comes down to this:

- some games read your mouse movement directly, and turn that into first person camera movement, or translate that to GUI cursor movement. to mimic more natural motion they could add some "mass" to the camera, making it start and stop moving a bit more slowly.

- some games dont bother with this, just read out what windows is telling them the mouse is doing, and when in first person directly translate that to camera movement.

the only way to make a game do one or the other, is either by in-game setting, or trough a mod.

I remember there are some tools that allow you to run like windowed games in fullscreen... I've tried searching for something like that but to enforce the system cursor but couldn't find anything so as the last resort came to ask here...

8 minutes ago, imTheSupremeOne said:

Also I saw that mod too; but it seems like it's only changing texture of a cursor to more plain one. My problem isn't the texture but how game registers movement.

Ah, you know what you're right, sorry about that.