Corsair K70 Pro High pitched noise issue

TommyTwommy

I just got a brand new keyboard. The k70 pro white version with optical switches. Keyboard looks and feels amazing but it has a major issue/defect.

It constantly produces a high pitch noise. This noise is even louder when the RGB lights are on. I am in a very quiet environment and the only noise I can hear is that high pitch, feels like I have tinnitus.

I RMAd the keyboard after a few hours because it was unbearable (even with the lights off), however I really really like the keyboard and I spend like weeks looking for a keyboard like it. Now I don't know which keyboard to buy. Should I order the same one and risk having the same issue or should I look elsewhere.

Also if anyone has any other suggestions, here is what my keyboard MUST HAVE:

- Mechanical (MUST BE)

- PBT keycaps (preferable)

- ONLY Full size (no TKL or smushed together keys)

- Numpad (MUST HAVE)

- Media keys (volume, mute, pause/play, next, previous) above the numpad (MUST HAVE)

- Detachable USB C cable (MUST HAVE) or wireless

- Wrist rest (optional)

- Budget is not an issue

It doesn't have to be RGB and I would prefer if it had a normal font (I don't like the gamer font). It doesn't have to be a "gaming" keyboard.

I'm in EU so my options are limited. Please only keyboards from known brands like Corsair, Logitech, Razer, Asus, Steelseries, etc. I already tried less known and random chinese brands and wasn't too happy with those (sorry to all keyboard enthusiasts). And no I don't want to build my own keyboard. It has to be available on amazon.de anyways since I received the refund in amazon credits.

CPU & COOLER - INTEL i9 12900K | NZXT KRAKEN X62

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

GPU - ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 TUF

RAM - 2x16GB KINGSTON FURY 3200MHZ

PSU - PHANTEKS REVOLT PRO 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

SSD #1 - CORSAIR SN850 1TB

SSD #2 - CORSAIR SN850X 4TB

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

CASE - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500A D-RGB

MOUSE #1 - LOGITECH G502 X Wireless

KEYBOARD - AKKO 5108B PLUS

SPEAKERS - SVS PB-1000 + 2x ADAM A3X

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

21 minutes ago, TommyTwommy said:

I just got a brand new keyboard. The k70 pro white version with optical switches. Keyboard looks and feels amazing but it has a major issue/defect.

It constantly produces a high pitch noise. This noise is even louder when the RGB lights are on. I am in a very quiet environment and the only noise I can hear is that high pitch, feels like I have tinnitus.

I RMAd the keyboard after a few hours because it was unbearable (even with the lights off), however I really really like the keyboard and I spend like weeks looking for a keyboard like it. Now I don't know which keyboard to buy. Should I order the same one and risk having the same issue or should I look elsewhere.

- Mechanical (MUST BE)

- Numpad (MUST HAVE)

- Media keys (volume, mute, pause/play, next, previous) above the numpad (MUST HAVE)

- Wrist rest (optional)

- Budget is not an issue

It doesn't have to be RGB and I would prefer if it had a normal font (I don't like the gamer font). It doesn't have to be a "gaming" keyboard.

I'm in EU so my options are limited. Please only keyboards from known brands like Corsair, Logitech, Razer, Asus, Steelseries, etc. I already tried less known and random chinese brands and wasn't too happy with those (sorry to all keyboard enthusiasts). And no I don't want to build my own keyboard. It has to be available on amazon.de anyways since I received the refund in amazon credits.

That just sounds like (if that keyboard has coils mind you) an unfortunate case of awful coil whine from the get go, if you get another keyboard of the same type id say it shouldnt have any coil whine

Another option, if its very specifically exactly that design of keyboard you like, Razers blackwidow range is very very similar

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

I like my Keychron. They make nice keyboards. I have the smaller compact but they make full size keyboards as well. They have a wide variety of options and a quick search on amazon.de seems they have options on there.

I second Keychron. They have what you're looking for and are likely to be higher quality for the price than almost all of the gaming brands; Keychron is a usual suspect for recommendations. Here is their Amazon Germany store page.

You'd probably want a Keychron K10 Pro. It fits your requirements and, as a bonus, is in ISO DE layout. The keyboard has RGB, but the keycaps don't have light pass-through; you can easily replace them with a third-party keycap set.

5 hours ago, TommyTwommy said:

- Mechanical (MUST BE)

- Numpad (MUST HAVE)

- Wrist rest (optional)

- Budget is not an issue

Usual recommendation would be the Keychron Q MAX or K Pro series, V MAX would also work. Like the Q6 MAX, which should have all the things as the four buttons above the numpad can be freely assigned, as can the knob.

https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-q6-max-qmk-via-wireless-custom-mechanical-keyboard?variant=40799763071065

If budget is really not an issue and you don't mind the slightly different layout, the Zoom98 might be an option, if you find someone willing to sell you their build version. There should be shops out there, but expect a couple hundred dollars plus shipping/taxes.