Connecting telephone to secondary router working as wired repeater

MrRoBoT696969
Go to solution Solved by Alex Atkin UK,
On 3/20/2024 at 10:59 AM, MrRoBoT696969 said:

After purchasing Beetel M59 corded telephone, I thought I could plug the RJ11 cable to my secondary router i.e. Binatone DT850w line port, but It's not working, When I plug the telephone into Main router FXS port, It starts working instantaneously. I was wondering do I need a RJ11 female to RJ45 female adapter so that I can connect my telephone RJ11 line to the adapter then small LAN cable to my secondary routers LAN port?

Its either a VoIP service or a passthrough if your broadband is via a telephone line with a normal telephone service on it.

If its the former (quite likely), the telephone service will come from their router only.

There's a possibility the second router could be configured to work, if they are using VoIP over standard broadband (they might not be, in some cases its an independent service to the broadband so only the main router can see it) and you can get the right settings to configure it on the second router.

The most common way to deal with this is to use a cordless DECT phone base station plugged into the main router, and wireless DECT phones connected to that.

After purchasing Beetel M59 corded telephone, I thought I could plug the RJ11 cable to my secondary router i.e. Binatone DT850w line port, but It's not working, When I plug the telephone into Main router FXS port, It starts working instantaneously. I was wondering do I need a RJ11 female to RJ45 female adapter so that I can connect my telephone RJ11 line to the adapter then small LAN cable to my secondary routers LAN port?

On 3/20/2024 at 10:59 AM, MrRoBoT696969 said:

Its either a VoIP service or a passthrough if your broadband is via a telephone line with a normal telephone service on it.

If its the former (quite likely), the telephone service will come from their router only.

There's a possibility the second router could be configured to work, if they are using VoIP over standard broadband (they might not be, in some cases its an independent service to the broadband so only the main router can see it) and you can get the right settings to configure it on the second router.

The most common way to deal with this is to use a cordless DECT phone base station plugged into the main router, and wireless DECT phones connected to that.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 3/22/2024 at 6:34 AM, Alex Atkin UK said:

My ISP said the telephone will work only through the primary router, so I had to buy RJ11 cable just like I bought ethernet cable for connecting to the secondary router. But before that I'll check my router settings.