How to remove cpu psu cables from mobo

Go to solution Solved by Poinkachu,
8 minutes ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

Option #1 :

Slide in a rubber band, tighten to make it press the lock to open. Grip the connector using finger or nail, wiggle it out.

Option #2 :

Same as above, change hand/nail with long nosed plier

Option #3 :

Just keep it in, plug another CPU power cable to the header beside it.

I am in the process of building my pc and just put in the cpu cable for my psu, but i accidentally put it in cpu power 2 and not 1, so i need to remove it, but this one heatsync thingy that can't be removed is in the way, preventing me from gettting a good grip on the cable head. What should i do

22 minutes ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

I am in the process of building my pc and just put in the cpu cable for my psu, but i accidentally put it in cpu power 2 and not 1, so i need to remove it, but this one heatsync thingy that can't be removed is in the way, preventing me from gettting a good grip on the cable head. What should i do

Different angle usually works

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

2 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Different angle usually works

wdym? I cant grab it at any other angle

18 minutes ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

wdym? I cant grab it at any other angle

I once had to position the motherboard so that I am looking at it's top side.

I once used a certain type of plier to pull out a power cable from motherboard too, but this is not something I'd recommend unless you are really careful.

Not sure what else you expect people to say when they don't even know what motherboard you're dealing with.

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

5 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

I once had to position the motherboard so that I am looking at it's top side.

I once used a certain type of plier to pull out a power cable from motherboard too, but this is not something I'd recommend unless you are really careful.

Not sure what else you expect people to say when they don't even know what motherboard you're dealing with.

17109100123338311602170813944064.jpg?ex=660cdf60&is=65fa6a60&hm=51e75394149742ceabb9513f0652aaec2225d2f37c3b19310047320acbaa75e9&

8 minutes ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

Option #1 :

Slide in a rubber band, tighten to make it press the lock to open. Grip the connector using finger or nail, wiggle it out.

Option #2 :

Same as above, change hand/nail with long nosed plier

Option #3 :

Refresh before you reply

It doesn't actually matter if you put the connector in 1st or 2nd connector ... the 12v wires are connected together, there's no difference.

the plug should have a small clip... like a lever that goes over the lip of the header on the motherboard and locks the plug in place. Press down gently and squeeze so that the clip and then pull out the plug.

How the header is on the board ... notice that lip  .. and on the right you see the lever :

image.png.89ad6f168d1bb8710c30f455b9867008.pngimage.thumb.png.1b27c06d1b72e522928567facd826452.png

33 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Option #3 :

I cant seem to find another cable like labeled cpu, do i just choose the one that has the same amount of pins?

27 minutes ago, Fat Cat11997 said:

I cant seem to find another cable like labeled cpu, do i just choose the one that has the same amount of pins?

No

Refresh before you reply