PC not booting, because of the RAM

About a year ago, I've upgraded my Laptop (Acer Aspire A317-51G) from 8GB of Ram (2x4GB) to 20GB (1x4GB, 1x16GB).

It always worked fine but yesterday, it just decided to not boot -> It starts, the Power LED turns on, but there is no video, the display doesn't even turn on. If I remove the stick of RAM that I added a year ago and replace it with the old one, it does the same thing. I have no other slots to test, because the other 4GB are soldered to the Mobo.

5 minutes ago, andreuzzo said:

About a year ago, I've upgraded my Laptop (Acer Aspire A317-51G) from 8GB of Ram (2x4GB) to 20GB (1x4GB, 1x16GB).

It always worked fine but yesterday, it just decided to not boot -> It starts, the Power LED turns on, but there is no video, the display doesn't even turn on. If I remove the stick of RAM that I added a year ago and replace it with the old one, it does the same thing. I have no other slots to test, because the other 4GB are soldered to the Mobo.

Have you tried without the removable stick? with just the soldered?

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

Just now, Tegneren said:

Have you tried without the removable stick? with just the soldered?

Yes, I've tried.
And now something interesting happened, I just put the Ram Stick back in the Laptop, after a few minutes it just booted and Windows detects the 20GB of Ram.
I don't know, how or why this happened...

Welcome to the forums!
Likely the mainboard is dying. 

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

9 minutes ago, OddOod said:

Welcome to the forums!
Likely the mainboard is dying. 

No...

It works now👍